Vigilantes are way underpowered as is with the sting 9mm, I feel as though they should have the ability to buy some better weapons to actually fight. It takes 5 successful shots with a  sting to tase somebody with level 2 (police armor), and considering that civs now have access to levels 3/4/5 of armor I think there needs to be a change for a higher caliber weapon as either a change overall or an addition. Similarly to how APD has the MX series of weapons I think a MXC would be the perfect fit for a vigilante, priced at $80k, additionally a SPAR 16 would work as well, it is available for the APD to use yet nobody uses them. Both of these weapons are short to mid range effective and would still require vigilantes to engage properly but still have a better chance in the field.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Edmunds.Z said:

It takes 5 successful shots with a  sting to tase somebody with level 2 (police armor), and considering that civs now have access to levels 3/4/5 of armor

Hasn't GA's been in for awhile?

41 minutes ago, Augustus said:

1. 3 to 1 police officer, get better gun

2. Perform hostage situation, get better gun

3. Buy police weapons off other civilians

Vigilantes aren't supposed to be catching rebels. You don't need anything stronger than a 9mil. Just get 5 or so hostages and get urself a brand new MX.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Augustus said:

Maybe MXC's would be good tho

Vigilantes really aren't supposed to be taking people hostages, and not all the time are police willing to give up their gear to let a bunch of people run wild and do whatever

5 hours ago, DanteFleury said:

Let's not forget how many people would just buy a vigi licence to rack up on these 'better weapons'. I shouldn't even have to explain how bad that could end up. 

How are vigilantes supposed to compete with everybody else? they play the game all the same and if youre really concerned about "better weapons" you should be petitioning the use of 7.62 on the server, along with .338 and any round capable of subsonic travel.

5 hours ago, Goodman said:

Vigilantes aren't supposed to be catching rebels. You don't need anything stronger than a 9mil. Just get 5 or so hostages and get urself a brand new MX.

Then what are vigilantes supposed to do if they can't go around getting guys with bounties? Rebels surely don't anything stronger than a 9mm either to take somebody down, yet they all get 7.62s...

All in all there's no real argument as to why it can't be a thing and players can have equal opportunities with different play styles. As a vigilante I should be able to have a fair fight against anybody I meet, similarly to how most gangs fight with equal gear and the only imbalances are numbers and skill, which are unavoidable to regulate. All the hate against vigilantes is solely just because nobody likes the thought of somebody having the chance to take them down just as easy as anybody else and make a living off of it.

4 minutes ago, Edmunds.Z said:

Then what are vigilantes supposed to do if they can't go around getting guys with bounties?

The spirit of the Vigilante is to be able to get guys with low gear and bounties. Leave the Big bounties and rebel fights for the guys with the flashbangs and ghosthawks.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Goodman said:

The spirit of the Vigilante is to be able to get guys with low gear and bounties. Leave the Big bounties and rebel fights for the guys with the flashbangs and ghosthawks.

It is every individual's right to go after the bounties as long as they fit the criteria, they take the risks to go and get these people but it us almost impossible with the sever imbalance, even with people that are chill and don't shoot at big gangs they get shot at and killed just for wearing the vest or holding the weapon

I play a lot of Vigilante and it's very frustrating to have a 1-3 mil bounty walk by you and not bat an eye, as a Vigilante with your 9mm pea-shooter you're limited to taking bounty's from gang members who re-spawned at the wrong time and place, and lower end bounty's which are mostly just people scatting with Protectors.  The only time you pose a real threat to the higher bounty players is when there's 3+ Vigilantes working together, and if that happens to be the case high gear Rebels will legitimately engage you just because you're a Vigilante, and since they usually have 2-4 people in their own Rebel gear it's damn near impossible to win a fight, GA rigs absorb a disgusting amount of 9mm.

I think a good solution would be to have an upgraded Vigilante just like there's a Firearm's license that you can upgrade to a W.P.L.

Let's say they up the Vigilante license price to 80k, then made it so that if you possess a Rebel license when purchasing a Vigilante license there's an up-charge of 50k.

Then to upgrade your Vigilante license you pay an additional 100k, but you have access to purchasing higher end gear, such as head protection, upgraded primary weapons, maybe even a GA rig.

All these items should be expensive though, it would create a LOT of trouble for Rebels especially, and there would be an outright war between Vigilantes and Rebels.

But i'm going to end my post with the conclusion that Vigilante's are ass right now, even the good ones, and something needs to be changed, whether that should be getting rid of some of the high end gear Rebels have access to, or buffing up some of the countermeasures to gang violence and Rebels.  Rebels and gangs rule the servers right now (looking at you Moob) and it's like you're being forced to be in a gang/be a Rebel.  If you try to be anything else but a rich ass gang member you get beat in every conflict, and it kind of takes away from the role-playing aspect of Altis life.

• Like 1

I just started the game but vigilantes seem slightly irritating.  I don't know how many times they run up without saying anything besides "hands up or be tazed".  With vigilantes I cant even tell if I'm being mugged half the time.. and they don't get any messages sent to the APD after defensive kills.  

The few times I've run into the cops it's been a completely different story with a ton of back and forth.. 

On October 7, 2016 at 6:16 PM, Edmunds.Z said:

Vigilantes really aren't supposed to be taking people hostages, and not all the time are police willing to give up their gear to let a bunch of people run wild and do whatever

How are vigilantes supposed to compete with everybody else? they play the game all the same and if youre really concerned about "better weapons" you should be petitioning the use of 7.62 on the server, along with .338 and any round capable of subsonic travel.

Then what are vigilantes supposed to do if they can't go around getting guys with bounties? Rebels surely don't anything stronger than a 9mm either to take somebody down, yet they all get 7.62s...

All in all there's no real argument as to why it can't be a thing and players can have equal opportunities with different play styles. As a vigilante I should be able to have a fair fight against anybody I meet, similarly to how most gangs fight with equal gear and the only imbalances are numbers and skill, which are unavoidable to regulate. All the hate against vigilantes is solely just because nobody likes the thought of somebody having the chance to take them down just as easy as anybody else and make a living off of it.

Wrong, most people that go Vigi are noobs, giving them access to MXs and SPAR16s would make Vigi RDMing much more of a problem, I mean I can't tell you how many times I've logged into the server in Kavala and instantly been tazed by some squeaker kid spraying the shit out of everyone with a bounty. Imagine if they had better weapons, they would just sit ontop of hospital and taze everyone they see. At least now you have to work for a better Vigi weapon. 

On October 8, 2016 at 4:53 PM, Jeff Chaplin said:

Deputy's only get stings as well if you want a bigger gun apply for the APD and work your way up 

Well said

23 hours ago, Ajax said:

Wrong, most people that go Vigi are noobs, giving them access to MXs and SPAR16s would make Vigi RDMing much more of a problem, I mean I can't tell you how many times I've logged into the server in Kavala and instantly been tazed by some squeaker kid spraying the shit out of everyone with a bounty. Imagine if they had better weapons, they would just sit ontop of hospital and taze everyone they see. At least now you have to work for a better Vigi weapon. 

Well said

I feel if you price it roughly around the same as any other rebel weapon there wouldn't be much of a complaint about the kids who have no clue what theyre doing, because as it sits you can bring in two people with 2 manslaughters each and have enough to buy a sting but how many times do you have to buy it back because it gets stolen or rdmed away from you? If we make the price of an MXC the same as a Rahim there wouldn't be all that bad to come from it, the kids who don't play by vigi rules would have no way to afford it because nobody's opinion of vigis would sway. I'm not saying lets give vigis spmgs at 50k a piece and expect things to go over well, im saying lets take it a step up from where it is, because if you have to risk your life to take a bounty you should be a little better armed to do so considering nobody thinks about upping prices on rebel weapons or removing 7.62 from rebels and making them blackwater exclusives. If youre going to have players play a certain way, you should at least enable them to have equal opportunities to other players 

On 10/10/2016 at 0:30 PM, Cheshyre said:

I play a lot of Vigilante and it's very frustrating to have a 1-3 mil bounty walk by you and not bat an eye, as a Vigilante with your 9mm pea-shooter you're limited to taking bounty's from gang members who re-spawned at the wrong time and place, and lower end bounty's which are mostly just people scatting with Protectors.  The only time you pose a real threat to the higher bounty players is when there's 3+ Vigilantes working together, and if that happens to be the case high gear Rebels will legitimately engage you just because you're a Vigilante, and since they usually have 2-4 people in their own Rebel gear it's damn near impossible to win a fight, GA rigs absorb a disgusting amount of 9mm.

I think a good solution would be to have an upgraded Vigilante just like there's a Firearm's license that you can upgrade to a W.P.L.

Let's say they up the Vigilante license price to 80k, then made it so that if you possess a Rebel license when purchasing a Vigilante license there's an up-charge of 50k.

Then to upgrade your Vigilante license you pay an additional 100k, but you have access to purchasing higher end gear, such as head protection, upgraded primary weapons, maybe even a GA rig.

All these items should be expensive though, it would create a LOT of trouble for Rebels especially, and there would be an outright war between Vigilantes and Rebels.

But i'm going to end my post with the conclusion that Vigilante's are ass right now, even the good ones, and something needs to be changed, whether that should be getting rid of some of the high end gear Rebels have access to, or buffing up some of the countermeasures to gang violence and Rebels.  Rebels and gangs rule the servers right now (looking at you Moob) and it's like you're being forced to be in a gang/be a Rebel.  If you try to be anything else but a rich ass gang member you get beat in every conflict, and it kind of takes away from the role-playing aspect of Altis life.

Even though you hate me and will discredit all I say but Vigi's are underpowered for a reason, If you want to get bounties become a cop it isn't that difficult. We are underpowered because we aren't really supposed to be much more than a rodent that can occasionally catch you off guard and get you. 9mm is fine if you are a good enough shot and you can get the upper hand. There is a reason we have rebel and cop and R&R. Vigi's are more to give you a taste of the cop to see if you like it. not to get you that sweet sweet 4mil off Chris ;)

On October 7, 2016 at 9:27 AM, Edmunds.Z said:

Vigilantes are way underpowered as is with the sting 9mm, I feel as though they should have the ability to buy some better weapons to actually fight. It takes 5 successful shots with a  sting to tase somebody with level 2 (police armor), and considering that civs now have access to levels 3/4/5 of armor I think there needs to be a change for a higher caliber weapon as either a change overall or an addition. Similarly to how APD has the MX series of weapons I think a MXC would be the perfect fit for a vigilante, priced at $80k, additionally a SPAR 16 would work as well, it is available for the APD to use yet nobody uses them. Both of these weapons are short to mid range effective and would still require vigilantes to engage properly but still have a better chance in the field.

I only use the SPAR-16

On 10/7/2016 at 2:30 PM, Supremacy said:

Sting is really not that hard to use

I second this. Also, as I can attest, nothing make Cpls angrier than being tazed. Don't let people have better weapons. 

3 hours ago, Merpfer said:

Even though you hate me and will discredit all I say but Vigi's are underpowered for a reason, If you want to get bounties become a cop it isn't that difficult. We are underpowered because we aren't really supposed to be much more than a rodent that can occasionally catch you off guard and get you. 9mm is fine if you are a good enough shot and you can get the upper hand. There is a reason we have rebel and cop and R&R. Vigi's are more to give you a taste of the cop to see if you like it. not to get you that sweet sweet 4mil off Chris ;)

Yeah I can understand where you're coming from, I just wish that Vigilante wasn't so basic and underpowered.  I personally believe that it would bring a lot more diversity to the server if Vigilante was more of a role than a nuisance.

I can see your point that we should leave the Rebels to the cops but that obviously isnt working very well, like I said earlier, Rebels rule the server.

On 10/7/2016 at 11:37 AM, Augustus said:

Maybe MXC's would be good tho

Aw man, I thought I was the only one that had that idea.

Only thing I'd add is that you should buy a rebel clothing loadout (GA, Pilot/CSAT Fatigues, Defender or ECH Helmet, backpack) So you won't have to worry about having a disadvantage in terms of armor.

Now the last thing I'd say to really help you out: Get more people together! Anyone with a bounty even worth taking most likely has some friends that'll kill you out at the vigi outpost. To ensure this doesn't happen, get some friends together to do the same thing, so you won't be outnumbered. Best part is the fact that now vigilantes are much more realistic: Catching criminals but still on the run from police (Because of their illegal weapon)