Locked Demoted for creating a unique RP Situation.

1 hour ago, Colin L said:

Well maybe if the cop force didn't depend as much on hours to promote/demote people, their wouldn't be any problem with afking cop hours. I know that hours usually is turned into skill in the cop force but I don't think that situations like this need to be taken so seriously. If the cop force didn't depend so much on hours to promote and it actually went off of knowledge of the apd, it would be better.

My statement still stands

3 hours ago, Pledge said:

Granted some of these are in the server rules, but not everything is covered in the handbook, because we figure they are common sense....

Clearly we were out of line to assume everyone had that..

Ok.. so many things wrong with this post its just insane.Ok, to start it off, You need to specifically State what they did wrong. I have yet to see excatly what they did wrong other than childesh attempts to shame them for... Common sense?? rules?? that isnt stated?? So they got banned for afking hours. Right? But they have every ind of evidence showing they was not afking. Are you just mad that they was getting creative? Do you feel like they were wasting time? If there is no rule against it then whats the problem. Not only is there no rule against it, i would argue that its encouraged. I feel as if we should have events based off this incident. A way to have a race rebels vs APD across the ocean. BUT my major problem with this post is this statement" 

Granted some of these are in the server rules, but not everything is covered in the handbook, because we figure they are common sense....

Clearly we were out of line to assume everyone had that.." Ok ok... you do realize that If the law doesnt state something as illegal, then its most technically allowed.  I guess you could argue that this isnt ran like real life. but then shouldnt you get deranked for deranking fellow apd members "un-lawfully"

• Like 2
Just now, I Am Fuzzy said:

Why were they demoted. I dont get it.

We took a boat out really far on a boat patrol looking for pirates/illegals/drug smugglers from stratis. We were 100km south of pyrgos HQ, and got demoted, originally for "AFKing cop time", however we werent afk so now the new reason is "Neglecting APD duties". We were rp-ing with a medic for a good chunk on it, that our throttle was stuck open, and that we were running low on gas. A medic flew out to us to rescue us and we lost dubvee to sharks after he couldnt get in the heli. Honestly it was a good laugh all around, however we got blue falcon'd by @Fushigi for some reason. 

Just now, Luke Duke said:

We took a boat out really far on a boat patrol looking for pirates/illegals/drug smugglers from stratis. We were 100km south of pyrgos HQ, and got demoted, originally for "AFKing cop time", however we werent afk so now the new reason is "Neglecting APD duties". We were rp-ing with a medic for a good chunk on it, that our throttle was stuck open, and that we were running low on gas. A medic flew out to us to rescue us and we lost dubvee to sharks after he couldnt get in the heli. Honestly it was a good laugh all around, however we got blue falcon'd by @Fushigi for some reason. 

Are you fuckin me @Fushigi. You and I did crazy shit WAY worse than this. Wrongful demotion IMO

• Like 3
5 hours ago, snipeZ said:

Anyways since somone dragged my name into this topic i might as well give my 2 cents. Idk the entire situation but from what i heard these guys werent afk. They were activity playing cop and having fun together. No rules forcing apd to constantly be active with civs. Sum it up, their on cop having fun together i think if anything they should have gotten a warning and not received discipline.    

Snipez we did this before to check Turtles remember?

Sorry to hear you guys got demoted. Sounds like you all had a good time with the scenario. My personal opinion on the matter is what does it matter if you RP for 1-2hrs with a group or go slam a cartel for 1-2hrs straight. Both are honestly as equally a waste of time imo. As long as you guys weren't like letting people just do feds/blackwaters while you were doing this I don't see the harm. Not sure on the exacts but from the thread it would be in my opinion you got dicked for something silly. However, don't listen to me... I'm just a "dumb fucking developer".

8 hours ago, Google said:

tbh came from Asylum expecting less bs on cop, was surprised at the higher ups I saw. Realized that there's idiot cops on both Olympus and Asylum. FeelsBadMan :FeelsBad:

You got in trouble for a reason, they have a genuine argument. Two different situations, don’t get them mixed up.

all I’m saying is they didnt find anyone because the pirates got scared and turned around.. that’s common sense guys..

• Hmm 1

I don't wanna get into this battle, but I do want to say that if u we're like 100km from land, that's technically AFKing cop hours, as he not really doing anything but staying in the water and probably laughing ur asses off.

once again, this is only my opinion.

• Downvote 3
2 minutes ago, Proud said:

I don't wanna get into this battle, but I do want to say that if u we're like 100km from land, that's technically AFKing cop hours, as he not really doing anything but staying in the water and probably laughing ur asses off.

once again, this is only my opinion.

16a1030bfdadbe273f814f8f912e8bb9.png

• Like 4