Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

A Farewell to Staff Family

What a shame.

Without question one of Olympus's most loyal sons, Sometimes you were a little Nazi on the forums, but without doubt one of, if not the best Admins because of your calm collected unbias opinion and your drive to see Olympus grow. 

This guy is a guy who actually devoted time and effort to this place. What a fucking o7. 

Edit: They're gonna need a hell of a replacement for ya.

Don't worry Lucki, you'll get one too.

• Like 3

Obviously still going to be talking to you often but figured I’d reply anyways. Sad day when a really great admin steps down. As moob said you always have an unbiased opinion on everything and dished out punishment in the way you felt was right. A true Olympus vet. 

Now let’s continue to grow and improve the R&R! Beyond excited for the future.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

o7 even tho your still R&R I can’t thank you enough for giving me that second chance back in September being able to play so many hours on medic was all thanks to you I really appreciate what you did 

On 3/18/2018 at 7:12 PM, Isaac Newton said:

To my fellow community members and the members of Olympus Staff, I would just like to thank you for everything.  You have all taught me SO much and provided me the type of experience in a community that will never be able to be replicated in any type of gaming environment.  Being an Admin for the Olympus servers is something I have always been very proud of.  It was a privilege and an honor to be able to serve the community on that level and I have absolutely no regrets.  Those who had to deal with my restrictions or bans, you too have taught me lessons. At the end of the day, I look back on all the interactions I've had with people and I still hold onto the fact that this community is amazing despite all the bad apples. Most of the time it was a learning experience for both me and the players when dealing with issues.  I had tremendous support from fellow staff members and developers so I never felt like I was alone in some of the issues I encountered. The OS team is a lot stronger than a lot of people realize.

It's all in the past now.  I am so happy to have served you guys and I am super excited to see the current and new staff members work their magic and beat all odds like they always have.  This is the best damn Arma 3 Life server out there.  Don't ever forget that.

3 days ago, I sent a formal letter of resignation to McDili, Grandma Gary, and Peter Long. It took me a few weeks to confirm my own feelings and aspirations for the Admin position and I gotta say, this decision was extremely difficult.

I would like to make a few things clear and thank a few members of staff in this post.  Please note, this is not a resignation from the R&R so I will definitely still be around on that front.  My time as a staff member has officially come to an end though. I will be R&R for some more time, as my passion for guiding the R&R is still stronger than ever.

I am 24 years old and my life is picking up quite a bit. There are actually a lot of reasons why I am stepping down at this time. However, I cannot stress enough that this resignation is going to be 100% good vibes.  I know that staff members have had... rough exits... in the past.  Some forcefully removed, some go inactive, some go out "with a bang". I am so extremely proud to be able to resign in a respectful and drama-free way, at a time of my choosing.  I've had nothing but amazing experiences on staff and we've always been super tight.  Not once, did I ever get reprimanded or talked down to.  Not once did I ever feel out of place or like the servers had been going in the wrong direction.  Any time I had a serious concern or a question, it was answered and I was mentored.  This is about as normal of a resignation as they get folks.  The fact of the matter is, I want to focus on College and Work in real life, and the R&R and having fun online.  I simply have no more desire to be staff yet I am SO glad that I did become staff.  Thank you so much everyone. I hope to see you on the R&R or play with you in a more "normal" way from now on. :)

Since I am not completely leaving, I'll be thanking primarily staff since those are the guys that I will see a lot less of (even though I'll be there for meetings haha)

@Peter Long The first one to ever take note of my interest in the staff position and the guy that literally supported me from the start and every day after.  Any time you hosted a gang wars, or logged in to have these crazy adventures unfold, were the best times on the server I have ever had.  You also mentored me through everything and helped the server grow.  Fuck the haters, keep doing you Peter.

@Dante You're right dude.  I have been your #1 fan! Idc what staff position you have, what faction you are apart of, or any of that.  You've been an outstanding team member and a true friend. You can do whatever you put your mind to.

@ALL DEVELOPERS   The servers would be nowhere without you. I've had the opportunity to meet and talk to you guys ever since the Poseidon days and each one of you have remained open-minded and focused on the issues and additions that matter the most.  Keep working hard, personally I just want to say thank you and I look forward to working with you on future R&R projects.

@Ares  The only one to ever ban me in the pre-wipe days.  You are something else dude haha.  I've been super frustrated with you before but on the other hand I've laughed so hard with you that I cried.  Fucking amazing admin and a great friend.  

@Grandma Gary  @McDili  In my opinion, you two are the core of Olympus. No, not because of the Head Admin/Owner tags. Before any of that, before I was even on the server, you guys were already here and were always meant to be the leaders of Olympus.  Keep on trucking, never give up, and don't ever change.  You guys gave me a shot and it meant more than you know.  

@ALL OTHER ADMINS/MODS    Rex, Mercury, Doc, Ignis, Plumber, Strikke, if I forget anyone I'll edit you in or post a reply if you want :P  I have a lot to say to you guys but I covered it in the staff meeting for the most part.  KEEP STRIVING GUYS.  Olympus is growing and you will also.  The best team members anyone could ever ask for.  You know what we had to deal with sometimes.  To the admins that coached me on some of the more technical stuff, these are the moments I am probably most thankful for since I am in tech-related studies in college.  Any experience I could get and anything I could possibly learn from being an Admin was very important to me.  You guys helped me out so you BETTER reach out to me if I can help you with anything at all.  Love you guys.

That's all!  The Admin role is something very unique and very special.  It is more than just a position.  It is a family.  Thank you for accepting me into the family and allowing me to make an impact on players and the servers like I dreamed of doing when I first realized that it was possible.  

o7

drama free does not exist on olympus :), accept me for medic, ty