My Issue With The APD

Just now, Silton said:

Close. Only pay for their loadouts when they die on warzone or get robbed. All the time would be dumb

Cops already pay for their loadouts when they’re robbed. 

If it’s possible for warzone? Who knows, however, paying 300k just because some dude went to warzone is dumb. 5k if it was even going to be a thing. 

Just now, ThatNerdyGuy said:

Cops already pay for their loadouts when they’re robbed. 

If it’s possible for warzone? Who knows, however, paying 300k just because some dude went to warzone is dumb. 5k if it was even going to be a thing. 

that was tyrones idea. Mine is to increase the price of gear of cops to reflect similar to what civs pay. Then if they die at warzone they respawn without gear

Only issue I have with APD is that their respawn timer is ridiculous.  Fully kitted out in 30 seconds, ready to go in for another wave.

Another issue is when there's a fed, cops start to stack the channel.  Maybe if a fed starts, only for the first few minutes are cops able to join in.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Silton said:

that was tyrones idea. Mine is to increase the price of gear of cops to reflect similar to what civs pay. Then if they die at warzone they respawn without gear

I mean, my loadout as a Corp is 300k with all the y inventory bought. Can’t imagine a Sergeant or higher kit is cheaper. 

Just now, ThatNerdyGuy said:

I mean, my loadout as a Corp is 300k with all the y inventory bought. Can’t imagine a Sergeant or higher kit is cheaper. 

Isnt that cause you use the 16s? I swear someone told me a Mar-10 is like 45k and a tier 5 vest is $500

1 minute ago, Silton said:

Isnt that cause you use the 16s? I swear someone told me a Mar-10 is like 45k and a tier 5 vest is $500

No, the y inventory costs about 150k. Maybe 300k is pushing it but my loadout isn’t cheap. I don’t use the 16s anymore. That’s for an MXM. 

1 minute ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

No, the y inventory costs about 150k. Maybe 300k is pushing it but my loadout isn’t cheap. I don’t use the 16s anymore. That’s for an MXM. 

I wasn't implying y inv to get removed only gear. isn't mxm 45k?

I think Silton is on to something. Might make sense to charge a cop 10-100k depending on rank (to reflect value in their armament) when they die. I know losing vehicles is costly but only if you are a corporal+ are you losing anything worth blinking at. Cop is very low risk high reward sometimes. This would also cut down on cops just doing suicide waves at events to get to lethals.

I think just a flat respawn fee for cops, it is a good middle ground and would make a cop value their life more.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, snipeZ said:

Soooo can someone remind me why people are complaining about how much money APD is making when medics literally have discounts on their vehicles which aren't even allowed to be stolen?

Because for the most part things medics do go in civs favor.

I really don’t have a side of this topic because I have experienced both sides and if I am being honest you make no where near the amount of money you do as a cop. I was on vacation when the titles came out and I have played cop a decent amount since I came back from vacation on July 10th I think and still haven’t got the first title for searching vehicles for contraband and you only need a mil worth of searches for the first one in no way am I complaining because I find joy in cop from just being in kavala when I am not being robbed, I just think the argument that we make “mass amounts of money” is no longer a valid point to argue.

Just now, Panda :) said:

Because for the most part things medics do go in civs favor.

I really don’t have a side of this topic because I have experienced both sides and if I am being honest you make no where near the amount of money you do as a cop. I was on vacation when the titles came out and I have played cop a decent amount since I came back from vacation on July 10th I think and still haven’t got the first title for searching vehicles for contraband and you only need a mil worth of searches for the first one in no way am I complaining because I find joy in cop from just being in kavala when I am not being robbed, I just think the argument that we make “mass amounts of money” is no longer a valid point to argue.

You make no where near the amount you used to as a cop*

I've thought about this topic for a while, and discussed it with many of the people that I've played with. The risk vs reward for cops is completely fucked at the moment, and it's worsening the experience for civs. If you look at any thread about making money on the server you'll see most people suggesting that in order to make serious money one should just become a cop. It makes sense too -- dying as a cop is extremely cheap, and you make an absolute fuck ton of money when processing people with high bounties or by impounding trucks with tons of drugs.

To make good money as a civ, you have to buy a full kit, take out a big truck, and then risk losing all of your gear, your vehicle(s), and potential profits by cops tasing you and other rebels cucking you because illegal runs are easily the best way to make money as a civ. Every run is always risky, even legal runs, because cops don't patrol those areas to protect civs. If you put in a call to the APD on the phone 99/100 times they'll ignore it. Instead they patrol the processing plants every 10 minutes, and arrest randoms in town because that's where the profits are 

There's the argument that sometimes a cop won't make money because of a lack of high bounty opportunities, and that's true, but civs face the same issue with even more to lose. Cops can easily discern where civs will be doing illegal runs by simply checking the market, then camping whatever is high until they get a big ass pay day. If they die then they regear for peanuts, and can be back out in the next wave in literally less than 2 minutes. 

I think cops need to pay an equivalent amount as civs for their gear on death, need a NLR applied to them the same as any other player, should make less from arrests/ impounding and they should be encouraged to actually help legal players instead of camping drug processors. People should play cops for the RP, not to make easy millions

Edited by Creighton
16 minutes ago, Moose said:

I think just a flat respawn fee for cops, it is a good middle ground and would make a cop value their life more. 

That's what im saying. If it was only for warzone it would either discourage cops from coming or encourage smart play from the cops.

1 hour ago, Hoonter said:

Cop does make money yes but you know how inconsistent it is sometimes I can go hours without finding anybody doing anything. If you make it so cops lose money for getting shot in the back thats very unfun from the cop perspective plenty of officers our poor and the Seniors you want to nerf our for the most part staff with Infinite money or just fucking rich from years of playing like not more then 4 who have less then 20 mil. So all you would be doing is hurting Corps and lower who make up a majority of the APD. I understand jail and bounties our unfun for civs but you also have plenty of ways to avoid getting sent to jail for that much.

I've gone like 4 days of cop finding 50k of drugs losing my 1.2mil bounty by hackers GETTING TASED BY CANCER VIGIS

• Like 1

I played cop for the 3 day dep made 4 + mil and lost nothing. Had alot of action aswell .... It is a bit OP for people who really enjoy cop ....  Plz downvote no upvotes overhere fam ....

Edited by .Lion
Downvote
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

The only thing I like in this is Warpoints when killing a cop in Warzone, hell it’d be cool if Rebel’s were added to that as well. 

Now, yeah I’ve got a lot of money and that’s come from Cop and Moonshine runs. However, my money hasn’t went up since becoming Corporal. So I can tell you, I’m not making or losing money right now. 

Making cops pay for loadouts each time they die is dumb and I’ve got some ideas for runs. So stayed tuned. 

I actually wouldn’t mind getting some warpoints when killing cops in war zone, or maybe getting them during a martial law also. That way you have more of a reason to fight them, maybe you should lose them if lethaled while you have a weapon as well. Obviously so that some naked civ doesn’t lose warpoints because like a purge is going on and he gets clapped. Only idea I really like from this.

10 hours ago, Silton said:

Why?

Because if we lose our guns we will have to all rebuy them and then soft log to keep them and by the time we have gone through a full soft log and rebought weapons and gear and then drive (or fly) back then it will have been a massive amount of time. That would take so long I would rip my ears off

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Creighton said:

I think cops need to pay an equivalent amount as civs for their gear on death, need a NLR applied to them the same as any other player, should make less from arrests/ impounding and they should be encouraged to actually help legal players instead of camping drug processors. People should play cops for the RP, not to make easy millions

These ideas :lol:

If cops had some sort of small money loss like 20k every time they die would level out.

Add one wp everytime they are killed at any rebel or warzone.

Increase Sr Gear price. Why? Sr have the most opportunity to earn the most. Ghosthawks, lethals, and house/shed searching/ Make the gear for a mk1 cost 200k to reflect what a civ has to pay since they basically have a civ loadout. 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Silton said:

My Issue with the APD is how easy it is to make mass amounts of money and how cheap gear is for how little you have to rebuy your gear. Plus how overpowered it is for seniors who fight on warzone.

For one gear on cop even though it is much less powerful gear it still costs a large degree less then it would for rebels. For example the MX a 6.5 30 round rifle costs 35k whereas the MK20 a 5.56 30 round rifle costs 50k? A rebel loadout can cost anywhere from 150k-250k easily and when you die or get arrested its gone unless you get revived. For a cop you only have to buy gear again if you get robbed by civs which in recent times has been made much more difficult for the civs to do. Not only does the gear cost much less for civs but making money is soo much easier as a cop and is actually enjoyable, you get to drive around tasing, processing and seizing trucks and for corporals+ you literally get money for killing people. For civs you have to drive big fat trucks around the map picking and processing which takes large amounts of time which also comes at the huge risk of being robbed, tased by cops or arma'd and having to wait 2 weeks for a comp request to go through.

My main issue with the APD is fighting seniors at warzone. Even though it has been decreased heavily since the rules have changed there is still rats like @a overweight giant retard who fly around the edge of warzone waiting to chase someone in with a plane like the rat he is :). Ever since @RabidAltLeL aka DDoS extraordinaire has been permed dealing with these seniors has been made much harder :pog:. I find it extremely unfair how senior APD members get mk1 loadouts with sweet vests for fuck all money and just get it back when they respawn, while civs have to pay 250k just to get a mk1 with a tier 3 vest.

Me and @Tyrone have come up with a few solutions to make it more balanced

1. Cops gear increases. To prices that closely mirror the prices civs have to pay for gear. Mainly Senior Gear.
  2. Cops that die on warzone spawn without gear (If that's even possible @devs).
  3. Civs get warpoints for cops on cartels. Just 1.
  4. Another Solution is spawn without gear and there is a fee after dying on warzone to access the shop again. Dependent on what rank you are. Credit: @Tyrone

Please try to not make this another APD shitpost :)

#SiltonCivRep

@ThatNerdyGuy

Have not made a dime on cop since becoming corp... been barely breaking even with all the MH-9 and orcas lost/chopped... so that point on Corp+ making money for killing is moot (+ you get 2 opportunities to leave before we can rip your head off)

Civs have the potential to make more money then cop, much more money... On civ you can EASILY make 1mil/hr, if you buy a processing house (there are plenty available) you can do SUV runs, which is literally no risk... on cop, sometimes you go a whole night only making 50k, others you may get a mil or 2, but thats in a whole evening and few and far between.... so that point is also moot

Cops and loadouts... You want cops to lose loadouts, then the compromise would be no more tasers... how many times does a man who was once tased get up and lethal a cop? (happens in most engagements where the civ isnt wiped)... since we all know removing tasers would kill olympus, this isnt going to happen...so again...your point is moot.

Civs get warpoints for cops on cartels / WZ - good idea, +1 on this one.

If you treat this server like King of the Hill or wasteland, then yes you will be broke... so i can see why you bitch and moan about losing loadouts... but the solution is to do a run... not complain that the other guy doesnt lose much...

10 hours ago, Hoonter said:

Honestly I feel Like civ's should get something for killing cops. In general its unfun to have to chase everybody you find till they crash maybe if they get something for killing cops we might see a increase in civ's provoking fights and staying when caught Maybe scale it so Po's and Deputies give 1 Corps and Sapd 2 might be something to consider.

Yeah, thats a hard no... no cops will go to kavala anymore, the second you code+3 everyone in earshot and a gun will be piping for those points...others will just RDM... would literally kill cop life...

10 hours ago, Silton said:

and I don't lose a box truck full of moonshine a 250k loadout have to pay 260k fee and get 60mins in jail when I get caught at brewery???? 

Cats literally has never been cop and is the richest man on the server... maybe you should talk about him on how to properly do a shine run....

• Like 6