Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Malden Life Discontinued

yea, I think we all kinda saw this coming. Was a nice idea and I am sure the server was nice as well. I just don't think you will see the popularity for a Malden server like we have for our current Altis servers.

2 hours ago, Genghis Khan said:

I honestly think it would of done better if it was a Hardcore RP server. 

I heard rumors that it was gonna be a Hardcore RP server and I logged on to find out its the same as other servers and got discouraged as fuck. Like look I was going to make a gang on this ;_; :FeelsBad:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UZqLKSnPxgTl_79VQUACVfSq8MqCTAmkhmX7FI-em0c/edit?usp=sharing

i'm pretty sure civ side was still the same RP wise but for cops we were held to a higher standard than the normal APD we had to roleplay and not just robocop as that was a demotable/removable offense

I leave town for a few days and I lose my entire agency. Man, I really loved our uniforms, vehicle liveries, and simplified command structure. Shoutout to my Sergeants and Deputy Sheriffs. Big thanks to the designers, developers, and McDili for giving this thing a shot. It may not have worked out, but c’est la vie...

• Like 8
21 hours ago, McDili said:

As I'm sure none of you saw this coming, surprise surprise, we're discontinuing Malden Life.

There was some additional plans we had to try to and liven it up a bit however due to developer time being more restricted this season we do not have the resources to properly maintain it with regular updates without taking development attention from Altis Life. 

Thank you for those of you who decided to try and stick it out and give it a shot, I appreciate it. 

cy@

Malden was a cookie cutter server that brought nothing new and had a lot of limitations because of the map size. I think if there were additional seasoned developers around (which is probably a rare commodity these days) then going a modded route with more hardcore RP could have been successful.