Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Perma banned shouldnt exist

After a while perma banned seems cruel.Could be for something you didnt do.But if people are dedicated enough to want to play after some amount of months or years,why not give them a second chance.                                                  Then if they are caught doing something bannable.They sould be permed.

• Like 1

They tried that, it was chaos, In fact I know a few people who quit playing when they unpermed a few people who immediately (few weeks) showed they need to remain permed.

I took a good break then too because of that actually. It's only a forever perm if you were doing something like hacking.

They do still unperm people.

Some people they let back with no income or no atm ability I think.

Some had different restrictions

I believe that Permanent Bans are there for simplicity. They have the tendency to get the point to the player that what they have done is in no way allowed. They also convey to the player that the player should reflect and contemplate their actions to determine why they were banned, how they could prevent a ban in the future if they do return (or within other communities), what it is they could do differently in the future, and how they could make it up and possibly return to the community they were banned from. On the other hand, seeing someone getting a permanent ban is a clear message to not do what the player was banned for. As much as it may seem unfair, some bans are used as a deterrent and a message of what could happen if someone decided to follow the wrong do-er's footsteps. (Note: these are my own opinions. Ones I have seen in action elsewhere. I do not yet know if these opinions hold true to Olympus.)

Anyhow: 

There is a system in place for players who have been banned (permanent or not) where they can have their ban reviewed by the proper authority and be notified why they were banned or possibly be able to be un-banned if it was a wrongful or unjust ban.

Take a look at the "Ban Appeals" section on the Ticket Report Info forum, or look at the spoiler below.

Spoiler

Ban Appeals 

1. An appeal must be made within a week of the ban being issued.
  2. To appeal a ban click the "Support" link in the top bar
  3. Next click on "New Request" on the right side then choose "Ban Appeal" in the department.
  4. Fill in all the proper info and then click submit.
  5. The staff who issued the ban will respond to the ticket.

(source)

Btw,

I highly recommend people read and understand the rules. Then take extra steps such as recording (shadow-play is a good place to start) to prevent any wrongful ban. While they may still happen I find they are pretty unlikely.

~Blizzix

Edited by Blizzix
  • Like 1

Ch83R23.jpg

no but really most “perms” get lifted after a while unless it’s scripting or cheating in any way. Even dupers get an unperm usually (with restrictions). However some people actually want perm bans. I can’t tell you how many people aren’t satisfied with me banning a guy for 3 days that they reported. Some people want harsher punishments, to each their own. I think the system we have now is pretty fair. I mean look at @Bloodmoon and @Genghis Khan, somehow those assholes aren’t permed :Kappa:

• Like 5
1 minute ago, draMa said:

Ch83R23.jpg

no but really most “perms” get lifted after a while unless it’s scripting or cheating in any way. Even dupers get an unperm usually (with restrictions). However some people actually want perm bans. I can’t tell you how many people aren’t satisfied with me banning a guy for 3 days that they reported. Some people want harsher punishments, to each their own. I think the system we have now is pretty fair. I mean look at @Bloodmoon and @Genghis Khan, somehow those assholes aren’t permed :Kappa:

wasn't arigato permed at one point too? and he's a moderator now.

• Like 1

i was perm banned for lag switching when i wasnt and i keep putting in ban appeals and they just keep saying the same thing we might unban u down the line but for now it stays like bro its been 2 months and i didnt even do it. iv been playing on the server for 2 years why would i lag switch 

17 hours ago, draMa said:

Ch83R23.jpg

What about DDoS perms? Just wondering, I would never do that, ya know.