MODS CAN PLAY WITH GANGS YES OR NO

Should mods have the ability to play with gangs and roll with people or should they not be aloud also if they are playing should they be aloud to use admin powers. Start a poll Yes or no - reason for your answer 

Edited by Charels
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Yes, but were not allowed to anymore. Staff can only play with staff, and occasionally put on the same tags as their friends :D 

I think this will ruin a lot of fun for staff. I'm all for staff being able to play with their friends and act as a normal player. I think if they do, they shouldn't be allowed to use any administrator powers while playing as a normal player. Anyone they want to ban must be reported and evidence uploaded like any other player, and another staff member should make the decision. This takes the pretense of bias, or the actual bias, away.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Nickolas said:

I think this will ruin a lot of fun for staff. I'm all for staff being able to play with their friends and act as a normal player. I think if they do, they shouldn't be allowed to use any administrator powers while playing as a normal player. Anyone they want to ban must be reported and evidence uploaded like any other player, and another staff member should make the decision. This takes the pretense of bias, or the actual bias, away.

10000% agree with you if they are playing as normal player they shouldnt have the ability to use admin powers.

44 minutes ago, Charels said:

10000% agree with you if they are playing as normal player they shouldnt have the ability to use admin powers.

I play as a normal player all the time. I occasionally let minor rule breaks slide. But if I see some jack-ass breaking rules and ruining the game for other people I will give them the punishment they deserve.

• Like 7
  • Downvote 1

Honestly it sucks that 1 person can ruin it for the rest of em, I would trust them to play with gangs unless the same situation started to happen again then thats where u cut it again and either dont allow them too or make extremely tight restrictions

• Admin
45 minutes ago, Millennium said:

Honestly it sucks that 1 person can ruin it for the rest of em, I would trust them to play with gangs unless the same situation started to happen again then thats where u cut it again and either dont allow them too or make extremely tight restrictions

This is why I said what I said. Admins can be playing with a gang and then think they got rdmed. The thing that sucks is now there is no proof backing him up that it was "RDM". And its now an innocent man vs. and admins word...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Nickolas said:

okay so, though they shouldnt use administrative powers, admins hardly ban anyone breaking rules towards the admin themselves, unless it was like an intentional mass rdm or some crap, but a while back i played with a staff, and I rdmed them they didnt do anything about it they were chill just told me not to do it again, i forgot which staff, however at the same time having them make a video and submit it is a waste of time for them as their staff, i do think they should have another admins opinion, not only that they dont even get paid and they should be able to roll around and have fun like a normal player, so my vote is yes, they should be able to be in gangs, roll with friends, with randoms, etc.

( forgot to mention, I also once rdm'ed Kyle when he was a medic but he let it slide )

• Downvote 1
2 hours ago, Ignis said:

There's a lot that hold some position of significance need to understand that we're here to play a game and have fun. Shit like @CommanderSuki practically doxxing people to make sure they're 16 so they can press windows key is absolutely retarded. Unless Suki thinks doing virtual paperwork and almost never playing is considered fun idek what he's thinking... If people want to help out the server becoming staff good, that's great. 

Ignis out here sneak dissing. 

• Like 1

Mod /admin is not going to ban someone based on the 'word' of a non staff member gangmate... We will always request evidence before banning if we didn't see it first hand. (BTW I always save the video until the ban is up when I live ban, may not upload unless requested, but I save it)

Personally I think if mods/admins can be trusted to do their mod/admin duties, they can be trusted to be in a normal gang like anyone else.. restricting mods/admins to play only with mods /admins and occasionally their other friends they may have played with for years is down right ludicrous..

To clear some things up, mods/admins are not supposed to be abusing their mod/admin abilities (Ie. ESP / godmode / teleporting / spectating / etc.) during regular gameplay. Those abilities are supposed to be used for mod/admin duties..  while playing we are bound to the same rules as every other player on the server.. abusing admin/mod abilities could get you removed from staff...

So to answer your question, should staff be able to be in a gang.. I believe absolutely... Are we currently allowed to? not officially... We can play with a gang but not actually be apart of the gang... I usually jump between a few gangs every so often to ensure I don't break this rule..

I believe the 'no gang rule' is a result of misproportioned trust. Meaning it should take less trust for admins/mods to not break rules / be bias in game then for admins/mods to have access to years of logs and sensitive information. So logically, if you can trust the latter, you should trust them in a gang.. if they abuse, remove them.. don't ruin it for the rest...

Tl;Dr if you can trust mods/admins with logs and sensitive information. Mods should be able to be trusted in a gang.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, MAV said:

Mod /admin is not going to ban someone based on the 'word' of a non staff member gangmate... We will always request evidence before banning if we didn't see it first hand. (BTW I always save the video until the ban is up when I live ban, may not upload unless requested, but I save it)

Personally I think if mods/admins can be trusted to do their mod/admin duties, they can be trusted to be in a normal gang like anyone else.. restricting mods/admins to play only with mods /admins and occasionally their other friends they may have played with for years is down right ludicrous..

To clear some things up, mods/admins are not supposed to be abusing their mod/admin abilities (Ie. ESP / godmode / teleporting / spectating / etc.) during regular gameplay. Those abilities are supposed to be used for mod/admin duties..  while playing we are bound to the same rules as every other player on the server.. abusing admin/mod abilities could get you removed from staff...

So to answer your question, should staff be able to be in a gang.. I believe absolutely... Are we currently allowed to? not officially... We can play with a gang but not actually be apart of the gang... I usually jump between a few gangs every so often to ensure I don't break this rule..

I believe the 'no gang rule' is a result of misproportioned trust. Meaning it should take less trust for admins/mods to not break rules / be bias in game then for admins/mods to have access to years of logs and sensitive information. So logically, if you can trust the latter, you should trust them in a gang.. if they abuse, remove them.. don't ruin it for the rest...

Tl;Dr if you can trust mods/admins with logs and sensitive information. Mods should be able to be trusted in a gang.

Well said, I believe this is very true.

6 hours ago, Ignis said:

Exactly. Ironically, when I was on the administration team it was pretty much a job for me and I acted like it, but leaving that scene really opened my eyes. There's a lot that hold some position of significance need to understand that we're here to play a game and have fun. Shit like @CommanderSuki practically doxxing people to make sure they're 16 so they can press windows key is absolutely retarded. Unless Suki thinks doing virtual paperwork and almost never playing is considered fun idek what he's thinking... If people want to help out the server becoming staff good, that's great. BUT, they shouldn't take away one of the most enjoyable aspects of the game away from them. And if their judgement or actions can't be trusted just remove them. 

How else is he supposed to flex his e peen?

But deadass some people treat PD and RnR like it's a job, if you're already wasting 20 hours a week doing paperwork why not hit the gym, get a real EMT cert and go work with a volunteer department or as a reserve police officer? When I was a volunteer firefighter in my town every once in a while overzealous corps would get pissed at me because while leaving to go on a call I'd leave situations or leave arma but not TS, they couldn't comprehend that my real life responsibilities came before video game police.

• Downvote 2

The staff apply in the position they chose so they can help other player enjoy themselves. But, we must remember, that they are a player of the server just like anyone else is. I don't understand the reason as to why this needs to limit/restrict them from playing on a server that they help to maintain... Thats just the way i see it.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Charels said:

tbh if staff get shit on in-game and it's suspicious they're able to spectate, record the proper evidence, then ban a hacker. it's a lot more efficient as it's basically an undercover admin.

just don't break the rules and them having their powers on civ won't matter to you and other rule-abiding members of the olympus community.

If the staff have time to play the game in a gang they have time to fill out a report that takes literally 5 minutes. Also you need to remember Staff are people too. Just because they get appointed to a staff position doesn't mean they become emotionless and un biased. This is un realistic thinking that mods are going to be unbiased when you shit on them and chop their stuff. You expect them to be perfect  so you take their word but I've literally seen abuse twice in the last 2 and a half to 3 weeks. no specific names but It's happened. I think admins and mods should be able to play in gangs and have fun too but at least make them fill out a report like EVERY OTHER FUCKING PLAYER. So an unbiased admin can be the judge. Giving someone power to do whatever they want in the real world is called dictatorship. Are yall Nazi's or do you believe in fair and good?  

Also some of these mods are 20 year olds. I know I wasn't the wisest and most fair person at 20 years old either. 5 minutes for a report is literally all I ask. Un biased is fairness. 

Edited by McGuire
added a line