Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Texture Designer Wanted - Contributor

6 hours ago, Shades said:

I don’t know any position on Olympus that has exterior incentives such as money. This position is a voluntary position for the improvement of our community, not for personal gain.

Maybe the exterior incentive is that you will walk away with more knowledge on this type of art and also you can add it to your portfolio for a better “real paying job” down the road. :3 That’s what real artists do. 

E X P O S U R E

I would love a position at Olympus as a designer or contributor, however, I have zero experience with texture or map design. I bet I could make some dope-ass textures, I just have no clue how to make it work on a texture file. I've tried a bunch to teach myself via videos but they're all pretty ass at explaining it all. The videos more-so go into the technical side of texture design like how to import it and all/what files you need, but they fail to go in-depth with their designing procedures. The texture files that you design over are a shit show to understand in my opinion (lol). The various pieces of the texture aren't even layered so you have to hand cut everything out which is annoying as hell, and I can't even tell what I'm cutting lol.

I guess I have all the right skills in all the wrong places! Three years of experience and I never really thought of giving texture design a go. :bruh:

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Bear828 said:

I would love a position at Olympus as a designer or contributor, however, I have zero experience with texture or map design. I bet I could make some dope-ass textures, I just have no clue how to make it work on a texture file. I've tried a bunch to teach myself via videos but they're all pretty ass at explaining it all. The videos more-so go into the technical side of texture design like how to import it and all/what files you need, but they fail to go in-depth with their designing procedures. The texture files that you design over are a shit show to understand in my opinion (lol). The various pieces of the texture aren't even layered so you have to hand cut everything out which is annoying as hell, and I can't even tell what I'm cutting lol.

I guess I have all the right skills in all the wrong places! Three years of experience and I never really thought of giving texture design a go. :bruh:

You should teach yourself and try, it looks daunting but when you scrape all the BS off it's not that hard.

I had to take 1 semester of photoshop and one of AI, I forgot how most of PS works so I just make my stuff in AI. If you're willing to put in the time and go through trial and error it's pretty worthwhile.

I don't mind teaching people the basics. I dont cover up textures with a design, I literally create the texture from the game files in a unique way; It's the way the Bohemia artist made the base game textures. When im on TS and im not busy, message me and well go on Discord. 

• Like 1

Sounds like @Bear needs to put an application in and start learning from Glux. I have taken two years of trade-school graphic design.. once you learn the lingo and what certain tools do, it's pretty easy to catch on to new concepts and applications. It's just all about familiarizing yourself with what you're using. Knowing what your end goal is is also super important. Helps you visualize it and make it happen with the tools you have.

34 minutes ago, Muthinator said:

I dont think Olympus could handle all the OG's coming out of retirement. 

I mean, some would argue that even the owner is retired on duty and he doesn't even know it.

• Haha 1
  • PogChamp 1
  • Kappa 1
On 5/6/2019 at 2:55 AM, Fat Clemenza said:

I mean, some would argue that even the owner is retired on duty and he doesn't even know it.

Image result for you right gif

On 5/6/2019 at 2:03 AM, Muthinator said:

I dont think Olympus could handle all the OG's coming out of retirement. 

If 2016 Olympus came back it would be a lit summer

On 5/3/2019 at 10:00 AM, Drippp said:

I don’t even design but I could open up Microsoft paint and make better shit then you. You are dogshit at designing and need to stop. Go roleplay in cop channels some more retard

Stuff him in a locker 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Muthinator said:

If 2016 Olympus comes back you let me know and I will be there.

Ive been trying to keep get olympus back into 2016 state of mind and how it was back then. It aint easy.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DeadPool said:

Ive been trying to keep get olympus back into 2016 state of mind and how it was back then. It aint easy.

I just want the good old 2014(pre wipe) fights that were in random places on the map instead of the same exact boring place every single time.

• Like 2
On 5/8/2019 at 2:06 AM, DeadPool said:

Image result for you right gifIf 2016 Olympus came back it would be a lit summer

:thinking-face_1f914:

9 hours ago, Strikke said:

I just want the good old 2014(pre wipe) fights that were in random places on the map instead of the same exact boring place every single time.

Cartels killed that. Nothing beat a good ole dp14 gas station fight. 

• Love 1