Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

APD Handbook Update 5/5/2019 V2.0

9 hours ago, DeadPool said:

If you dont have to bring handbook changes to staff meetings. Then the civ council dont have to bring rule changes to staff meetings or any changes. Ill just talk to devs and backdoor everything. Does that seem fair?

Hey maybe ill "Sneak" something else in there to

Having handbook changes be looked over at staff meetings is a bad idea since a lot of changes just change wording, update rules or deal with internal matters where other input is unnecessary.

I think cops and civs have become too polarized, most civs, especially council members refuse to acknowledge life as a lower ranking cop sucks and will fight tooth and nail against anything less than a nerf while the APD acts like civs are just bad and ignore their inherent advantages and parts that may make us OP.

I think a maybe solution would be cross organization liaisons, a pair of civ and medic liaisons get to sit in on non-confidential parts of APD meetings and the APD sends liaisons to the civ council and RnR to represent their concerns. I've though of a civilian oversight org but tbh if it turns anything like the civ council member wise it would just push everyone off.

9 hours ago, DeadPool said:

If you dont have to bring handbook changes to staff meetings. Then the civ council dont have to bring rule changes to staff meetings or any changes. Ill just talk to devs and backdoor everything. Does that seem fair?

Hey maybe ill "Sneak" something else in there to

Sorry DP, but that argument is weak... APD has always operated (as has RnR) as their own little entity... if APD over-reaches/over-steps, owner/staff steps in...You cannot deny that Civ>APD lately on federal events, so you had to know an APD buff was in order to maintain balance. Staff is neutral, all we care about is balance. (im actually in favor of feds to be  way harder then they are now.. issue is then no one would do them)

Civ councils sole purpose is not to "Run" the civilian faction its to be basically a think tank for ideas which the civs come up with, this way our playerbase's ideas are heard by staff! Civ council  has no power to update or change rules... so that analogy really doesn't work... 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, MAV said:

Civ councils sole purpose is not to "Run" the civilian faction its to be basically a think tank for ideas which the civs come up with, this way out player base's ideas are heard by staff! Civ council  has no power to update or change rules... so that analogy really doesn't work... 

Sure act like there a bigger deal than just being a think tank but whatever...

4 minutes ago, Hoonter said:

Sure act like there a bigger deal than just being a think tank but whatever...

their ideas are great, and we have had some of our best ideas come from them yet.. but at the end of the day, they applied for a job representing and fighting for the civs.. staff and really the owner is still is in charge of what gets passed if anything

I personally think civ council is doing a great job..  but in this case DP's argument was a little overzealous 

20 minutes ago, MAV said:

Sorry DP, but that argument is weak... APD has always operated (as has RnR) as their own little entity... if APD over-reaches/over-steps, owner/staff steps in...You cannot deny that Civ>APD lately on federal events, so you had to know an APD buff was in order to maintain balance. Staff is neutral, all we care about is balance. (im actually in favor of feds to be  way harder then they are now.. issue is then no one would do them)

Civ councils sole purpose is not to "Run" the civilian faction its to be basically a think tank for ideas which the civs come up with, this way our playerbase's ideas are heard by staff! Civ council  has no power to update or change rules... so that analogy really doesn't work... 

The whole point of going all factions to bring stuff to staff meetings is to discuss things. If it's not brought to a staff meeting then we get results like this.

Im not allowed to do backdooring. Im always told to bring it up in a staff meeting. If Im told to wait til a staff meeting and the other factions are not that is kinda fucked. Each faction change affects all the others. Each change should be mentioned in a staff meeting. If things keep being backdoored without asking other people, then I want to only deal with Sr staff and Devs to do backdooring like this rule update.

As for civ council, The way I run it has been working perfectly. We have been filling up the dev sheet so much. Its not just a think tank. The forums are a think tank with ideas and suggestions the community puts down daily. The Civ Council at the start was certain individuals I hand-picked from various gangs that wanted to rep the other civs in different parts of the community. It later developed into people applying after the community saw it working. We have pushed for rule additions and changes. The only power we have is the community and our voice. I barely have any power after being a civ rep for 8 months and running the Civ Council for 5 Months.

1 minute ago, DeadPool said:

The whole point of going all factions to bring stuff to staff meetings is to discuss things. If it's not brought to a staff meeting then we get results like this.

Im not allowed to do backdooring. Im always told to bring it up in a staff meeting. If Im told to wait til a staff meeting and the other factions are not that is kinda fucked. Each faction change affects all the others. Each change should be mentioned in a staff meeting. If things keep being backdoored without asking other people, then I want to only deal with Sr staff and Devs to do backdooring like this rule update.

im not even going to try and argue this point because for some reason you couldn't see the problem with blocking both APD entrances with blackfishes.. let me teach you something... try not to be the person who is given an inch, then tries to take a mile.. usually doesn't end pretty... 

3 hours ago, PurgEe said:

Hey stop complaining about cops pushing on quadbikes >:(  it was a vehicle given to us and we are making good use of it

Only if they knew who did it :))) 

• Haha 1

Alright well who cares, back in SIN your own gang your acting like I didn’t play with you then 

4 minutes ago, Civak said:

you act like you weren't 1 out of 30 people who joined

even @Zakaloko was there

18 hours ago, Civak said:

Just because you guys aren't properly utilizing what you have at your disposal

Lmao ok, im finna start using them PROPERLY as you say 

• Like 1