Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Rule Update July 8th, 2019 - A rule update and a Poll (UPDATED AGAIN)

Titan Gang Engagement  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Keep the "Titan Gang Engagement does not apply" rule or revert it? (Read post please)

• Keep the rule!
    • Revert it.
    • Other.

Rule Change:

Chapter 8: Hostage / Player Robbing

Spoiler

1. A player may be taken hostage for 15 minutes, after which they may choose to stay up to another 15 minutes or leave.
  2. Once a player has been taken hostage, you may not kill the player unless they do not follow your demands (within reason).
  3. After a hostage situation/robbery the player must be unrestrained and released in a safe manner and also either within 1 kilometer of a garage or 1 kilometer from their point of restraint.
  4. If you rob a player you may not hold them for ransom and vice versa.
  5. You may not take the same person hostage more then once every 30 minutes.
  6. APD members outnumbered 3 to 1 with guns clearly pointed at them need to surrender and abide by the hostage rules.
  7. Members of the APD may not be restrained or excessively tased at Federal Reserves, Blackwater, Jail, or Pharmaceutical events.

Poll:

And for the Poll, as of 6/23/2019 we implemented the rule of no engagement regarding titans:

I've included a poll in the post regarding the communities' opinion on the change, whether we should keep it, revert it, etc. I'm also going to leave the replies to this post open to discussion, if you vote "Other", please comment why or reference a post that shares your views.

• Carrot Kid

Revert it.

As long as the pilot is texted, there's no reason for anyone with the given tag to not be able to titan.

Why should I have to say "land or be titaned by [DB] Dave, [DB] John, etc"

Note that the pilot still must be texted in either version.

• Like 2
  • Kreygasm 1

If a pilot gets a message from [DB] saying Land or be titaned by [DB] That should be enough.

It's pointless having to a literal paragraph dedicated to names or having to check who is titaning 

• Like 1
  • Kreygasm 1

i want the banket texts but they have to tell you what to do if they are going to use a titan in the engangment message for example

hands up or die/tazed/titaned if in a car park the car turn engine off and get out with your hands up. if in boat leave the area or you will be shot at. if in a heli/plane leave the area or you will be titanted

3 minutes ago, destruct said:

After a hostage situation/robbery the player must be unrestrained and released in a safe manner and within 1 kilometer of a garage.

Imagine 1km without a kidney, legged, no medkit. Also if I rob a dude in a redzone, I restrain him there, I let him go. I don't transport him to a garage I'm not a fucking uber.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, destruct said:

Rule Change:

Chapter 8: Hostage / Player Robbing

Hide contents

After a hostage situation/robbery the player must be unrestrained and released in a safe manner and within 1 kilometer of a garage.

Not at all what was approved nor what we wanted lmao

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1
Just now, NokiaStrong said:

Cause civ council approves rules

We literally bought up the rule and why it was broken, this doesn't fix any of the concerns we had in the slightest. I'm glad you're gone.

When you rob someone you rob them to inconvenience them and benefit yourself, you dont rob them so that you have to give them a fucking lift to the nearest garage.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Zahzi said:

Revert it.

As long as the pilot is texted, there's no reason for anyone with the given tag to not be able to titan.

I completely agree with Zahzi's point. Our engagements are just going to get even longer to contain all our names now. How can they possibly hope to read a long ass list of demands, then a list of names, and make an informed decision about what they want to do. If you are clearly engaging for a clearly tagged group of individuals there is no reason to have to list every name. Its harder for the person receiving it then it is for the sender.

• Downvote 1

I think how the idea was brought up was to not troll the player by going out of your way after robbing them to leave them in East bumblefuck... Can't wait to rob a few cops and get pinched for the sole reason I had to drive them back to town!!

3 hours ago, Zahzi said:

Revert it.

Agreed with this, gang engagement works with everything else, no reason to not have it with titan... As long as the pilot knows the demands, the threat and whose involved ... It should be fine imo

• Like 3
  • Carrot Kid
5 minutes ago, MAV said:

I think how the idea was brought up was to not troll the player by going out of your way after robbing them to leave them in East bumblefuck... Can't wait to rob a few cops and get pinched for the sole reason I had to drive them back to town!!

The idea was to prevent people from being brought from Kavala to east bumblefuck. If someone's already in east bumblefuck, we shouldn't be responsible for driving them to where they want to go.

The idea that got proposed and approved was something like "hostages must be released near a garage or point of restraint" which didn't force us to become taxis, but it was changed and I'm not sure why.

10 minutes ago, Bojo said:

When you rob someone you rob them to inconvenience them and benefit yourself, you dont rob them so that you have to give them a fucking lift to the nearest garage.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Zahzi said:

Revert it.

19 minutes ago, Ajax said:

So you're saying if we rob someone we basically become their taxi after we take all of their money... doesn't seen right.

But I thought this was a "light RP server" 

I get why this may be annoying but if this is a light RP server it's a non issue. As a cop I welcome it, we're not allowed to fight back so if we need to surrender even if the 3 people have rooks then they shouldn't be able to leave us legged 10 minutes away from civilization.

Cop rules have literally just been revamped to be more civ sided than ever, the current civ council wants Grand Theft ArmA for the whitelisted factions but wasteland for civs but guess what, if you start pushing for more RP some of it is bound to splash back on you.

• Hmm 1
  • Carrot Kid
6 minutes ago, sploding said:

they shouldn't be able to leave us legged 10 minutes away from civilization.

That's why we proposed this rule, we just want to be able to leave players near their point of restraint OR near a garage. 

9 minutes ago, sploding said:

I get why this may be annoying but if this is a light RP server it's a non issue

How does this have anything to do with rp? The only argument here is just about being able to leave someone you robbed where you found them, civ council actually proposed the rule change in the first place to prevent people from being robbed and left in Africa.

11 minutes ago, sploding said:

Cop rules have literally just been revamped to be more civ sided than ever

Like what? A stolen ghosthawk now being any means? A specific hawk being able to return hot through waves? I'm really not sure what you mean by this and how this rule is so "civ sided"

1 hour ago, sploding said:

But I thought this was a "light RP server" 

I get why this may be annoying but if this is a light RP server it's a non issue. As a cop I welcome it, we're not allowed to fight back so if we need to surrender even if the 3 people have rooks then they shouldn't be able to leave us legged 10 minutes away from civilization.

Cop rules have literally just been revamped to be more civ sided than ever, the current civ council wants Grand Theft ArmA for the whitelisted factions but wasteland for civs but guess what, if you start pushing for more RP some of it is bound to splash back on you.

big downvote clueless player