Should Support be Allowed to Give Opinions

Support Team be Allowed to Give Opinions  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Should Support be Allowed to Give Opinions?

Should us support team members be able to give opinions on situations within reason and we give a disclaimer before hand that what we say does not entitle what will happen with the situation. 

• TriHard 1
2 minutes ago, F U L T said:

Should us support team members be able to give opinions on situations within reason and we give a disclaimer before hand that what we say does not entitle what will happen with the situation. 

Either way some people take word of support as admin even with them being told not so

Just now, grar21 said:

Either way some people take word of support as admin even with them being told not so

Very true but people come to support looking for answers and our opinions and when  we tell them that we can't they say to us then whats the point of having your role and that we server no purpose then.

I think that Support Team should be able to share their opinions, but clarify that they are only OPINIONS. Support Team are not staff members, and obviously don't have the final say on altercations or evidence videos. I think being unable to share your opinion turns the support team role into a bot role. Why not just read a rule book if that's all the support team can do? Let them give opinions, but require the disclaimer: "Although my opinion really doesn't mean anything, and won't change the outcome of this evidence/proof/situation, I think that blah blah blah"

• Like 1

The reason we cant give our opinions is that we are not staff. Since we are not staff we do not make the final decision of ban/unban/comp/etc. Since we dont have the power to do that if we gave an opinion to a member that asked for our opinion and it was wrong, or staff disagreed then it looks bad for support team and it annoys the player/staff because they begin an argument and they bring up support team. I have heard several times from different staff that people always say in the ban/unban that support says I shouldn't have been banned, or that person should have been banned. 

We don't deal with the reports so therefore we do not give our opinions making it easier for staff and not confusing players.

Plus some people in support team have autism and wont know what is bannable or not.

It would be nice to see but it would never happen

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Millennium said:

The reason we cant give our opinions is that we are not staff. Since we are not staff we do not make the final decision of ban/unban/comp/etc. Since we dont have the power to do that if we gave an opinion to a member that asked for our opinion and it was wrong, or staff disagreed then it looks bad for support team and it annoys the player/staff because they begin an argument and they bring up support team. I have heard several times from different staff that people always say in the ban/unban that support says I shouldn't have been banned, or that person should have been banned. 

We don't deal with the reports so therefore we do not give our opinions making it easier for staff and not confusing players.

Plus some people in support team have autism and wont know what is bannable or not.

It would be nice to see but it would never happen

woke boi

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is not up for discussion. 

Support Team members are not staff, as @Millennium said. This means that anytime you give someone an opinion on a video, they hold it to be a STAFF MEMBER'S opinion since they were handled by someone in teamspeak. This is when problems arise because if you're wrong in the ruling you make, even if by some technicality, that member would then cite a support member as his reasoning in his ban appeal and that annoys the fuck outta staff.

Do not give your opinions on videos as a Support Team member, you will be punished.

• Clown 5

Personally, I think they should be able too,

Only reason it was removed to my knowledge is because there was retarded support team members giving out right wrong answers, I think some time in the future it could change.

• Like 1

If I had support team no one would get wrong answers. I set these support team members straight they sit there rambling about some bullshit. People come to support to get there questions answered not to hear a support team members life story. #buckieforlead

Edited by buckie
  • Like 1
  • Senior Admin
5 hours ago, Rossco said:

This is not up for discussion. 

Support Team members are not staff, as @Millennium said. This means that anytime you give someone an opinion on a video, they hold it to be a STAFF MEMBER'S opinion since they were handled by someone in teamspeak. This is when problems arise because if you're wrong in the ruling you make, even if by some technicality, that member would then cite a support member as his reasoning in his ban appeal and that annoys the fuck outta staff.

Do not give your opinions on videos as a Support Team member, you will be punished.

What's the point of support then lol all you guys would say is " yeah not really too sure should probably log a ticket for that" like if you go to support over rdm or whatever obviously you need a opinion to whether you think you have to comp or not like hello?

• Like 2
  • Admin
6 hours ago, Rossco said:

That's the point of my original reply though, there isn't and I doubt there ever will be

Talk about closed minded.

In my opinion, as long you preface that you aren't a staff member and that your opinion does not hold value, you should be able to give an opinion. That doesn't entail your opinion to being right or wrong, just allows you to potentially give better information than just "I can't do anything".

• Like 5

“I got rdm’d”

”submit a player report”

“well I was planing on that already just wanted a second opinion”

“No I can’t give my opinion”

”ok thanks i guess”

what a helpful support room

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Right now, support team pretty much for new players who haven’t figured out how to search for topics on the forums yet. 
everything that support team members say is something that players can read off the forums. 

• Like 1