new hud

new hud  

74 members have voted

1. 1. do You like it ?

• yes
    • no

Actually here’s a better concept while I’m thinking on it:

First, make the current UI more minimalistic

Then, have certain elements of it only appear for a brief time when they have been changed. (Example: Health starts to regen, so health bar appears/flickers for 4 seconds then disappears again) This would also allow you to add money and maybe other information to the UI without it being super intrusive (assuming you once again kept it small and minimalistic)

Have a hot key (idk tilda key?) to make everything appear for a brief time to allow people to see their information at will

Have a way to tell if different things (bounty, money, health, weight) it’s going up or down.  My ideas here are either make the element have like a gradient shine like this (https://codepen.io/zerdmann/pen/WGJgKj) with either a light green or light red to signify loss or gain, or to use extremely small colored text that’s slightly transparent (such as +5 or -24) to show the exact values lost or gain.

Knowing the UI with Arma; it won’t be easy, but this stuff would actually probably be a pretty sweet upgrade that isn’t just smaller text. I can talk with you in TS if you want more details to make a concept.

• Like 4
  • Senior Texture Designer
43 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

Then, have certain elements of it only appear for a brief time when they have been changed. (Example: Health starts to regen, so health bar appears/flickers for 4 seconds then disappears again) This would also allow you to add money and maybe other information to the UI without it being super intrusive (assuming you once again kept it small and minimalistic)

Have a hot key (idk tilda key?) to make everything appear for a brief time to allow people to see their information at will

Have a way to tell if different things (bounty, money, health, weight) it’s going up or down.  My ideas here are either make the element have like a gradient shine like this (https://codepen.io/zerdmann/pen/WGJgKj) with either a light green or light red to signify loss or gain, or to use extremely small colored text that’s slightly transparent (such as +5 or -24) to show the exact values lost or gain.

Knowing the UI with Arma; it won’t be easy, but this stuff would actually probably be a pretty sweet upgrade that isn’t just smaller text. I can talk with you in TS if you want more details to make a concept.

what the shit just be a dev again 

1 hour ago, TheCmdrRex said:

@Ryan we're gonna need lead developer rex back

• Clown 1
  • Owner
29 minutes ago, thor said:

@Ryan we're gonna need lead developer rex back

When I tried doing this last year this is the answer I got ^_^ 

Would of been done by now if we took our time on it

dfa53384d15a69fdc3f2e81fb630dca5.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Senior Texture Designer
11 minutes ago, mohsen98 said:

First of all thanks to @TheCmdrRex The only one who helped with his opinion

I do not see any problem and I said that it is not complete yet,......I still need to work on it

I do not waste my time with typing, it's like that

who would ever need an image of what they are driving or what gun they are holding and what is that logo in the top left its like smooshed

• Lead Developer

-1 for it all. Current UI is good.

27 minutes ago, mohsen98 said:

I do not see any problem and I said that it is not complete yet,......I still need to work on it

Bruh, shits too big. Litterally said that right away.

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

When I tried doing this last year this is the answer I got ^_^ 

Would of been done by now if we took our time on it

dfa53384d15a69fdc3f2e81fb630dca5.png

UI is a big pain in the ass tbh!

Although there’s a LOT more devs now and so there’s more likely than before time for them to do this.

My internship has been rather dull so maybe I’ll give the UI a crack once I finish overclocking my PC... maybe

• Like 1
  • Clown 1
2 hours ago, mohsen98 said:

yea you waste your time "contributing" 

When the new hud drops

Cant See Shit Laughing GIF - CantSeeShit Laughing Funny GIFs

• Lead Developer
30 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

UI is a big pain in the ass tbh!

Can confirm, big aids

• Lead Map Designer
2 hours ago, mohsen98 said:

Just because you don't like our opinions doesn't mean they're not feedback or helpful.  Plenty of people have told you why it's bad, fix what people think are bad and who knows, maybe you'll make it somewhat nice to look at, currently it throws too much information at you, is too big, doesn't need the image of the server logo or image of the vehicle you're currently in.  Sure you said it's not complete, but honestly the direction it looks like it's going in doesn't look like it's working.