ASYLUM VS OLYMPUS

7 minutes ago, SheriffJohnBeard said:

I played on Asylum for about 2 years before I came to Olympus, so I hope my opinion means a little bit more than most. I had a lot more fun playing on Asylum than on Olympus. The admins are generally more reasonable in Asylum. Admins took care of comp requests and ban appeals a lot more efficiently. I didn't feel that the admins favored one group of people over another. 

Biggest difference I would say Olympus is more cop-oriented, where Asylum is more civ-oriented. I noticed on Asylum, you can RP your way out of a ticket depending on the cop. I could get a discounted ticket if my stories was good enough and unique. Where in Olympus, it feels like it is an US vs THEM. The majority of people playing as cops on Olympus hold grudges from civ-side and bring it over when they play as a cop. Instant tickets, robotic processing is a norm on Olympus.

Honestly not trying to argue but i personally think olympus is better for everything u stated. I find that the cops may be more powerful due to everything they get but we can’t really do anything about it. Civs r still very powerful faction wise and kind of balance things out in certain situations, others not so much. On to the admins on olympus.. Majority of my bans are rdm/vdm or fail rp and i find that i have been able to get out of every ban i’ve gotten with my pov because it can look completely different from one video to another therefore the admins are very lenient on unbanning for simple mistakes but perms are another story. personally i have been permed and i still am because of me being a dumbass and not following armas TOS. This they have to enforce no matter what because of them having a server under armas game. otherwise i think the admins are great especially when it comes to keeping up to date with bans and comp requests. they might take a few days but that’s most likely because they are backed up. like @Panda smile  @Headless have always been willing to speak with me in ts whenever i need something they are always on the ball when it comes to staff duties. on asylum i went to kav and mass rdm’d and i still haven’t gotten banned only thing that happened to me was i got vigied and send to jail. i got multiple reports on me and i just got ignored by the lazy staff they have. as for your ticket statement i have rambled my way out of tickets many times in the past because i’m able to come up with a funny story to give them a laugh but that’s not always the case. if u have a high bounty they won’t care maybe they take off a charge or two but will usually send u to jail unless u pay the ticket. it also depends on the cop u have processing u with permission from a higher up online during the processing. i feel that olympus is a better community than asylum for many reason but i don’t wanna go on anymore i j know that all my play time has gone into olympus and cqc servers not much time on asylum would go towards my hours in arma. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Crashh said:

Honestly not trying to argue but i personally think olympus is better for everything u stated. I find that the cops may be more powerful due to everything they get but we can’t really do anything about it. Civs r still very powerful faction wise and kind of balance things out in certain situations, others not so much. On to the admins on olympus.. Majority of my bans are rdm/vdm or fail rp and i find that i have been able to get out of every ban i’ve gotten with my pov because it can look completely different from one video to another therefore the admins are very lenient on unbanning for simple mistakes but perms are another story. personally i have been permed and i still am because of me being a dumbass and not following armas TOS. This they have to enforce no matter what because of them having a server under armas game. otherwise i think the admins are great especially when it comes to keeping up to date with bans and comp requests. they might take a few days but that’s most likely because they are backed up. like @Panda smile  @Headless have always been willing to speak with me in ts whenever i need something they are always on the ball when it comes to staff duties. on asylum i went to kav and mass rdm’d and i still haven’t gotten banned only thing that happened to me was i got vigied and send to jail. i got multiple reports on me and i just got ignored by the lazy staff they have. as for your ticket statement i have rambled my way out of tickets many times in the past because i’m able to come up with a funny story to give them a laugh but that’s not always the case. if u have a high bounty they won’t care maybe they take off a charge or two but will usually send u to jail unless u pay the ticket. it also depends on the cop u have processing u with permission from a higher up online during the processing. i feel that olympus is a better community than asylum for many reason but i don’t wanna go on anymore i j know that all my play time has gone into olympus and cqc servers not much time on asylum would go towards my hours in arma. 

what part of the TOS this you break?

12 hours ago, Civak said:

On another note, cops on Olympus are overpowered. I would say #ChangeMyMind, but you simply can't. On Asylum I constantly hear cops complaining that everything is sided against them (in favor of civilians). You won't hear that too often on Olympus.

APD is definitely buffed compared to other servers, but from what I've seen the buffs are at the SAPD level.

Your average cop is pretty balanced when you consider how fast cops promote on other servers and how early they get stuff like lethals. If the APD had a promotion system closer to what you see on GTA, Anzus or Asylum I'd agree they're OP. But currently unless you have a Retired SAPD+ you sit at a gear disadvantage, the main things Corps have going for them is lethals. 

APD is OP, but mainly at the SAPD level.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, sploding said:

APD is definitely buffed compared to other servers, but from what I've seen the buffs are at the SAPD level.

Your average cop is pretty balanced when you consider how fast cops promote on other servers and how early they get stuff like lethals. If the APD had a promotion system closer to what you see on GTA, Anzus or Asylum I'd agree they're OP. But currently unless you have a Retired SAPD+ you sit at a gear disadvantage, the main things Corps have going for them is lethals. 

APD is OP, but mainly at the SAPD level.

Corp with a spar-16s is aids af literally a discount mk200

• Clown 1
26 minutes ago, Vigi easy money said:

Corp with a spar-16s is aids af literally a discount mk200

A discount mk200 that can't even pen a tempest engine or orca glass.

Jr APD is not OP.

14 hours ago, SheriffJohnBeard said:

I played on Asylum for about 2 years before I came to Olympus, so I hope my opinion means a little bit more than most. I had a lot more fun playing on Asylum than on Olympus. The admins are generally more reasonable in Asylum. Admins took care of comp requests and ban appeals a lot more efficiently. I didn't feel that the admins favored one group of people over another. 

Biggest difference I would say Olympus is more cop-oriented, where Asylum is more civ-oriented. I noticed on Asylum, you can RP your way out of a ticket depending on the cop. I could get a discounted ticket if my stories was good enough and unique. Where in Olympus, it feels like it is an US vs THEM. The majority of people playing as cops on Olympus hold grudges from civ-side and bring it over when they play as a cop. Instant tickets, robotic processing is a norm on Olympus.

i think your just unlucky ive had multiple cops let me keep my gun or anything illegal if i paid my ticket

5 hours ago, Forester said:

i think your just unlucky ive had multiple cops let me keep my gun or anything illegal if i paid my ticket

possibly. i know it really is about who you know. maybe i should be friendlier in side chat so i can get some leniency whenever those civs play on the cop side.

On 12/9/2020 at 9:03 PM, Civak said:

As others have said before, the rules on Olympus are pretty clearly written and don't leave much up to individual interpretation. From my recent experiences on Asylum it seems that rules are pulled out of thin air, especially regarding the APD.

I respect the hell out of you Civac but I think a lot of people would disagree with you on this point, myself included. 90% of support cases are interpretation and with no independent check on APD other than OS (most of whom are sAPD members themselves) interpretation gets perverted as precedent or case law. Im not saying Asylum is better on this, I'm just saying this statement has plenty of room for improvement

2 hours ago, Blueangelman36 said:

I respect the hell out of you Civac but I think a lot of people would disagree with you on this point, myself included. 90% of support cases are interpretation and with no independent check on APD other than OS (most of whom are sAPD members themselves) interpretation gets perverted as precedent or case law. Im not saying Asylum is better on this, I'm just saying this statement has plenty of room for improvement

that's crazy cause

I don't remember asking

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Pepega 1
  • Clown 1
5 hours ago, Blueangelman36 said:

most of whom are sAPD members themselves)

Gonna make a little list here for you:

- Winters - Not OS

- ThatNerdyGuy - OS (Admin)

- Mako - OS (Design)

- Hurricane - Not OS

- Mita - Not OS

- Rossco - Not OS

- Zeuse - OS (Design)

- TheDoc - Not OS

- Headless - OS (Admin)

- Rabid - No Longer OS

- Airborne - No Longer OS

- Cocoisdead - Not OS

Current OS: 4/12
Current Administrate OS: 2/12

Just to put a visual out here for everyone.

• Like 1
  • Weird 1
4 hours ago, Venomm said:

Gonna make a little list here for you:

- Winters - Not OS

- ThatNerdyGuy - OS (Admin)

- Mako - OS (Design)

- Hurricane - Not OS

- Mita - Not OS

- Rossco - Not OS

- Zeuse - OS (Design)

- TheDoc - Not OS

- Headless - OS (Admin)

- Rabid - No Longer OS

- Airborne - No Longer OS

- Cocoisdead - Not OS

Current OS: 4/12
Current Administrate OS: 2/12

Just to put a visual out here for everyone.

You kiss boys.

• Weird 1
13 minutes ago, Noahhh! said:

You kiss boys.

making it clear for the dentheads on the forums

also yeah it depends on who it is

@Millennium <---

• PogChamp 1
  • Weird 1
On 12/9/2020 at 8:03 PM, Civak said:

On another note, cops on Olympus are overpowered. I would say #ChangeMyMind, but you simply can't. On Asylum I constantly hear cops complaining that everything is sided against them (in favor of civilians). You won't hear that too often on Olympus.

Look at this clown. Even when the server is hitting 75/150 on O N E server on a SATURDAY your dumbass STILL doesn’t get it.

H I L A R I O

surely can’t be long before ryan and friends replace you due to your horrendously bad decision making #ServerPopDoesntLie 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Clown 1
  • Downvote 2
36 minutes ago, Mr GOAT said:

Look at this clown. Even when the server is hitting 75/150 on O N E server on a SATURDAY your dumbass STILL doesn’t get it.

H I L A R I O

surely can’t be long before ryan and friends replace you due to your horrendously bad decision making #ServerPopDoesntLie 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Not even gonna bring any actual point to this, you are genuinely too uneducated to have a civil discussion about a cop-civilian nerf/buff so not even gonna try. You are absolutely braindead.