Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Weapon and Gear Balancing Between Factions

First I am going to lay out the facts. Rebels have access to everything except buying Ghosthawks. Worker Protections highest caliber is 6.5 as well as vigi, and neither can buy ANY explosives, armed vehicles, or armored vehicles. At least not without getting a bounty or being shot at by APD. What does this mean? 

It means If your playing as WPL or VIGI your outnumbered 3-1 in almost any fight, even if its a 1v1. How do we know this? TESTING! If you have had the opportunity to test with armor alone then you would know even with a carrier light (tier 3 armor) with a 5.56 caliber it takes 5 shots to either tase or kill someone with it 6.5 takes 3 shots and if your playing VIGI its very hard to obtain the points to obtain a Promat. The Mk1 only takes between 1 and 2, and is the main gun everyone uses when playing rebel. Its a huge problem because guess what? If your playing as a WPL or VIGI good luck shooting anyone out of an Orca, Strider, Hunter, Ifrit, or Ghosthawk let alone even doing the slightest bit of damage!

Which brings me to my next point WPL And VIGI have no special vehicles. Why would this matter? Because If your fighting APD or a Rebel you don't even have the chance of running away or running into a fight without getting blasted out of your vehicle right away. It's an even bigger problem If your a VIGI because if APD spots you in one and they rip you out of it, You will get your Vigi license removed! 

I propose the following to balance the factions:

7.62 to VIGI and WPL for points and put Promat in for money instead of renown shop (spar 17, Rahim, MK1, AKM, AK-12, RPK)

Add larger magazines to VIGI (5.56 150RND MAGS, Kar-95 75round mags)

Promat slugs to VIGI (For Renown points) 

Add SDAR to VIGI for underwater bounties and to WPL for Underwater protection IE salvage 

Add ADR-97 to VIGI and WPL 

Add Kozlice to VIGI (For Renown Points)

Add an MX variant to VIGI 

Tier 5 Armor and Helmets to VIGI (For Renown points)

Add some kind of Armed Vehicle to VIGI (LMG 4wd)

Add Strider or Hunter to VIGI with Identifying paint (for Renown Points)

Rule change to state clearly that in a fight with other people and you can't tase them you can keep x amount of them tased for as long as you want

Add a mechanic to VIGI where you can switch to lethal for 20% (or however much) of the bounty and/or not receive one yourself

@ Big John

@ Box-C

@ Sir Rebral Palsy

@ SPBojo

@ monster

@ WALT

@ Siltonious Milton II

@ syndrome

@ ViiRuS

@ kny

@ -VACANT-

@ Mudiwa

@ ares

@ nman

@ MoChriss

@ Frankie

@ Bobby Lord

@ TheHeroNoob

@ MBPslyr

@ Rufus

@ Ricky Falzo

@ Headtaps

@ Lucky luciano

@ batcan1

• Like 2
  • +1 1
  • Sad 1
  • Clown 2
  • Downvote 14
  • STFU 2
  • Lead Developer

There are so many reasons to NOT do any of what you've said.

The reason wpl/vigi is limited in their armaments is because they shouldnt be fighting the APD like you brought up. They require more of a brain to play instead of "haha mk1 go brr" blind-firing into the side of a frit. You have to play to your advantages, or you will likely lose.

7.62 will never be added to vigilante or WPL, nor will any armed vehicles. Also seems like you're smoking meth with a few of those suggestions.

3 hours ago, NoMeansAnal said:

Add SDAR to VIGI for underwater bounties and to WPL for Underwater protection IE salvage 

Rule change to state clearly that in a fight with other people and you can't tase them you can keep x amount of them tased for as long as you want

Add a mechanic to VIGI where you can switch to lethal for 20% (or however much) of the bounty and/or not receive one yourself

All very poorly thought out ideas in my opinion.

T5 isnt available anywhere on the server and we dont plan it to be, the rule change you propose is VERY easily abusable and will not be implemented. For the "killing mechanic", you're a vigi. You either tase and restrain a kid, and take him away, or you leave him there if you cant restrain him. Not killing is kinda the only thing a vigi has as a real restriction.

• Like 4
  • Admin
7 hours ago, NoMeansAnal said:

First I am going to lay out the facts. Rebels have access to everything except buying Ghosthawks. Worker Protections highest caliber is 6.5 as well as vigi, and neither can buy ANY explosives, armed vehicles, or armored vehicles. At least not without getting a bounty or being shot at by APD. What does this mean? 

It means If your playing as WPL or VIGI your outnumbered 3-1 in almost any fight, even if its a 1v1. How do we know this? TESTING! If you have had the opportunity to test with armor alone then you would know even with a carrier light (tier 3 armor) with a 5.56 caliber it takes 5 shots to either tase or kill someone with it 6.5 takes 3 shots and if your playing VIGI its very hard to obtain the points to obtain a Promat. The Mk1 only takes between 1 and 2, and is the main gun everyone uses when playing rebel. Its a huge problem because guess what? If your playing as a WPL or VIGI good luck shooting anyone out of an Orca, Strider, Hunter, Ifrit, or Ghosthawk let alone even doing the slightest bit of damage!

Which brings me to my next point WPL And VIGI have no special vehicles. Why would this matter? Because If your fighting APD or a Rebel you don't even have the chance of running away or running into a fight without getting blasted out of your vehicle right away. It's an even bigger problem If your a VIGI because if APD spots you in one and they rip you out of it, You will get your Vigi license removed! 

7.62 to VIGI and WPL for points and put Promat in for money instead of renown shop (spar 17, Rahim, MK1, AKM, AK-12, RPK)

@ Big John

@ Box-C

@ Sir Rebral Palsy

@ SPBojo

@ monster

@ WALT

@ Siltonious Milton II

@ syndrome

@ ViiRuS

@ kny

@ -VACANT-

@ Mudiwa

@ ares

@ nman

@ MoChriss

@ Frankie

@ Bobby Lord

@ TheHeroNoob

@ MBPslyr

@ Rufus

@ Ricky Falzo

@ Headtaps

@ Lucky luciano

@ batcan1

Its really quite simple go buy a Rebel license if you want all that. If you want a taser while being a rebel, GREAT, go rob a cop or buy a taser from black market. Vigi and WPL are Sub civilian license's. they should not in any way have access to anything that you stated. They are not the APD, and they are not Rebels. 

• +1 1
16 hours ago, Rapture said:

These three are fine

Vigis should be assigned bounties like asylum instead of being able to vigi anyone above 75k. In its current state vigi is boring to both play and fight against and encourages camping.

• Like 2
On 3/18/2023 at 5:41 PM, Ben Shapiro said:

These three are fine

Vigis should be assigned bounties like asylum instead of being able to vigi anyone above 75k. In its current state vigi is boring to both play and fight against and encourages camping.

T5/300+ vigi on oly, max honor with 150k+ on asylum

Olympus vigi is incredibly boring and repetitive compared to asylum, not to mention just constantly walking on eggshells because some braindead cop can delete your progress 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
On 3/18/2023 at 8:31 AM, Rapture said:

@ Big John

@ Box-C

@ Sir Rebral Palsy

@ SPBojo

@ monster

@ WALT

@ Siltonious Milton II

@ syndrome

@ ViiRuS

@ kny

@ -VACANT-

@ Mudiwa

@ ares

@ nman

@ MoChriss

@ Frankie

@ Bobby Lord

@ TheHeroNoob

@ MBPslyr

@ Rufus

@ Ricky Falzo

@ Headtaps

@ Lucky luciano

@ batcan1

Not meant to be fighting the cops with either of the 2 roles you have just talked about really 

• Admin
On 3/18/2023 at 4:31 AM, Rapture said:

First I am going to lay out the facts. Rebels have access to everything except buying Ghosthawks

Wow starting off with a incorrect fact! zafir, RPG, AMULUT, DMS, AT Jeep, I could keep going but ill stop

Worker Protections highest caliber is 6.5 as well as vigi, and neither can buy ANY explosives, armed vehicles, or armored vehicles.

That's the point, that's rebel armament. rebs dont get a buff on legal good sales.

At least not without getting a bounty or being shot at by APD. What does this mean? 

Same for rebs.

It means If your playing as WPL or VIGI your outnumbered 3-1 in almost any fight, even if its a 1v1. How do we know this? TESTING!

outnumbered would mean group size. your License does not correlate in any way to the amount of people you play with.

carrier light (tier 3 armor) with a 5.56 caliber it takes 5 shots to either tase or kill someone with it 6.5 takes 3 shots

Arma is a shit game, i know i speak for many when i say i have been one shot by a PO7 in full t3

very hard to obtain the points to obtain a Promat

Yeah not too sure when we are adding pro mats to the game

The Mk1 only takes between 1 and 2,

Someone has not fought @ WALT

VIGI because if APD spots you in one and they rip you out of it, You will get your Vigi license removed! 

Thats the point vigi should not be fighting APD

Promat slugs to VIGI

1 shot 500m no thanks

keep x amount of them tased for as long as you want

ah yes lets let someone be held in restraints for an entire restart

REB cant even get this haha. BW item

Go get corp. the point of vigi is to arrest

Never seen a post this silly in my life!

• Like 1
11 hours ago, YakGod said:

Not meant to be fighting the cops with either of the 2 roles you have just talked about really 

usually end up fighting the cops as wpl since whenever you try to organise a pardon you get fucked off or ignored so they only take notice of you when your bounty is high then get pumped by them

On 3/18/2023 at 7:43 AM, Fraali said:

There are so many reasons to NOT do any of what you've said.

The reason wpl/vigi is limited in their armaments is because they shouldnt be fighting the APD like you brought up. They require more of a brain to play instead of "haha mk1 go brr" blind-firing into the side of a frit. You have to play to your advantages, or you will likely lose.

7.62 will never be added to vigilante or WPL, nor will any armed vehicles. Also seems like you're smoking meth with a few of those suggestions.

All very poorly thought out ideas in my opinion.

T5 isnt available anywhere on the server and we dont plan it to be, the rule change you propose is VERY easily abusable and will not be implemented. For the "killing mechanic", you're a vigi. You either tase and restrain a kid, and take him away, or you leave him there if you cant restrain him. Not killing is kinda the only thing a vigi has as a real restriction.

HAHAAHA rebels are brain dead bots  i knew it! 

No skill? no prob. get a rebel license. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1