Rp... Whats that?

So with blindfolds in and cops being able to use them, Makes no fucking sense. Cops should not be able to use blindfolds. 

For one were talking about cops, hears a video of what I tried to rp and themountan cop had a shitty mic at first and was being a cunt. Then he dosnt even try to rp with me. I was going to pay my ticket if he would have just token the blind fold off. I seriously hate cops. Like fuck.

Secondly, during the whole processing the were telling me what they were doing like it fucking ruins everything.  Like trust me. 

• Like 2
  • Admin

I agree the RP could have been better but I didn't watch the whole video. Blindfolds are a great idea if used correctly. If it becomes an issue then we'll find a way to adjust the usage (at least for cops). 

@McDili @G.O.A.T.@Talindor

Maybe we'll want to limit the uses a little bit for the APD? Maybe have the cops remove the blindfold after getting the perp inside the HQ and/or processing room? 

I know it sucks to have more rules but if this is hindering the fun of our players then it's something we might want to take a look at. 

• Like 6

The update just released, so everyone's excited with the blindfold feature (new hype). It's usefully to cops in a sense that it helps taking comms and gps from high profile suspects. It has only been a couple of days since it's release lets give it a bit more time.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TheRandomOne said:

I mean the rest of the video you conveniently left out

53 minutes ago, TheRandomOne said:

How about you post the whole video?

1 hour ago, TheRandomOne said:

I see you didn't post the whole thing of you being toxic....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy0yjBdpcNA

whole video if you guys want to check it out. @Talindor @Bubbaloo Burrito @G.O.A.T. @McDili

20 minutes ago, G.O.A.T. said:

I'll confer with the rest of the sAPD, and we'll come up with a solution and/or guideline for blindfolds. No comment regarding the RP shown in the video.

Just a heads up, with a blind fold on you can not see the ticket pay options, it's Bugs out, so you can't talk with the pay or refuse menu up and you can't pay your ticket 

• Admin

@Talindor I know what the blindfold is for and I was one of the ones more excited for it, in fact it's on the old trello. Dating back to June 2015 I brought it up to Odin and it got left behind so trust me I love the blindfold. Let's just keep tabs on it and the community feedback. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, G.O.A.T. said:

I'll confer with the rest of the sAPD, and we'll come up with a solution and/or guideline for blindfolds. No comment regarding the RP shown in the video.

Just a suggestion; What if the blindfold is only to be used through transportation and then is to be removed before the official processing begins? By then even if the scrub decides to break RP and tell his boys where he is, their time limit to find him has been taken down by a lot. Its how APD handled my processing today and I thought it was smooth. I was blindfolded right before I entered the heli and was taken off before he searched for my licenses. Keeping the blindfold on through the entire process does seem to take away a lot of the RP feel. 

Possibly be a few exceptions as well. For instance: Youre processing (VX) Billy in the front room of Kavala HQ. Halfway through the processing, the rest of VX finds their way to the HQ. At this point, Billy knows where he is, so you can re-blindfold him when you see an opening and move him to a new spot and then take off the blindfold before beginning the process again so that way he has no way to guide the rest of his gang where he is located. 

Just a rough idea off the top of my head. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Talindor said:

The update just released, so everyone's excited with the blindfold feature (new hype). It's usefully to cops in a sense that it helps taking comms and gps from high profile suspects. It has only been a couple of days since it's release lets give it a bit more time.

How about instead of Blindfolds for cops, make it or implement the use of the GPS and Map where you always spawn with them (You already do with the Map) and if you are under police custody they take them away which does not display your Dot on the map nor your Hex for Gang, Group.

Reminder: Also, I know that taking "Comms" and GPS (and potentially the map away) does not make you whole screen turn black like a blindfold does, but I'm still thinking of a alternate solution.