Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Locked The Great Olympus Unbanathon

i know i cant say much against this as i was given a second chance, but i had to wait a year before i got unbanned!
specially when i did it on a small scale compared to some of these multi million dupers!

i dont think this will change anything, traffic might increase for a short time but then will faze out as it will be just the same shit happening, same shit just different gangs doing it!

I spose good luck...

11 hours ago, Grandma Gary said:

Recently we have put in place a system to give people who are "permanently" banned one more chance.  Basically how this would work is people who had bans for duping or exploiting physical items, virtual items or money will have the opportunity to appeal their ban and have it removed and in place have some restrictions placed on their account.  Hacking/scripting bans including bans from spawning money are not eligible for removal.

Restrictions are as follows:

1. House limit of 3
  2. Vehicle limit of 10
  3. Cannot pickup money off the ground
  4. Cannot give/take money to/from players
  5. When robbed your money is 1/2'd
  6. When robbing another player it is 1/2'd
  7. Cannot do Taxi/RnR invoices
  8. Money will not drop when killed, it gets deleted.
  9. Cannot give/take from gangbank
  10. Cannot give/take wire transfers to/from players
  11. Players lose 15% when selling virtual items to stores

Given the infractions that landed people with their respective perms this not only gives them another chance to play on our servers but it also reduces opportunities for individuals to backslide onto their old nefarious ways.

While these restrictions may seem rather harsh the alternative is to be "permanently" banned.  We also recognise that there may be some people who genuinely regret their actions and we are offering the opportunity for these restrictions to be removed after a minimum of 2 months.  There is no guarantee that the restrictions will be removed however and they will be removed on a case by case basis.

If you have alternate accounts and you use them to get around these restrictions it will be considered ban evading and both accounts will be banned.  If you are appealing and have alternate accounts please bring them to our attention beforehand to avoid issues in the future.

Also please note since this is the 1.0 version of this system there may be unforeseen issues or potentially more restrictions added further down the line.  If this system is deemed a failure there is also the possibility that it will be scrapped altogether.

But Duping and hacking money are the same thing so why is one explicable and one is not? 

6 hours ago, UnbanShamless said:

But Duping and hacking money are the same thing so why is one explicable and one is not? 

Far from the same. Hacking money uses memory hacks to adjust variables stored in memory. Duping involves all in-game mechanics with nothing really on the outside. Maybe a lagswitch but that's about it.

12 hours ago, Orgondo said:

It's wont, this unban is 3months too late. Everyones gone to college or just done with Arma. Gang Life will continue to stay dead.

That's fine this is meant to be giving players another chance. Not some "gang life revival"?

Ayeee I can't say nothing bad about this since I got my second chance as well before this system, but I hope you all learned like I did not to dupe anymore :) hope we could have great things In the future :)

5 hours ago, Jesse said:

Far from the same. Hacking money uses memory hacks to adjust variables stored in memory. Duping involves all in-game mechanics with nothing really on the outside. Maybe a lagswitch but that's about it.

That's fine this is meant to be giving players another chance. Not some "gang life revival"?

Both are sill cheating/hacking both should be unbanned or have there case heard. 

28 minutes ago, UnbanShamless said:

Both are sill cheating/hacking both should be unbanned or have there case heard. 

Cheating yes. Hacking no.
Duping doesn't require an injector... Hacking does. Hacks cannot prevent a player from getting around every single thing this prevents. So no they shouldn't have their case heard. Good scripters are a lot harder to find/catch.