A story about today.

You will pull through buddy. you couldnt of done anything man sometimes people go through shit and it puts them down the wrong path. You didnt even know man dont blame yourself. Olympus community will be here for you :) 

• Like 2

it was out of your hands, you couldn't have done anything about it

32 minutes ago, buckie said:

You will pull through buddy. you couldnt of done anything man sometimes people go through shit and it puts them down the wrong path. You didnt even know man dont blame yourself. Olympus community will be here for you :) 

who are you and what have you done to buckie

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Unfortunately people take different roads that definitely aren’t the best option. In the end even if we did do something, the end result is always on them. Im very sorry to hear about this man, but remember, it isn’t your fault. my condolences to you, your friend, and her family.

Sorry to hear about your loss, man. I might not know you or anyone you're talking about, but I know what it feels like to lose someone close to you and how you might feel after learning about it. Shit gets rough but if you just keep your head up and talk to those close to you, things can get a lot better. Take it easy, brother 

i know how you feel man. lost my best friend a few years back, at first, it sort of feels like it cant be real. some sort of sick joke. but as the days go on, it will sink in more. be prepared for that. a few days ago, the friend that died, his phone number got reassigned to someone and they activated a whatsapp account, and it gave me a notification "sam R is now using whatsapp" and it just brings back all those feelings because i just buried the feelings. hope you handle it ok. sorry to inject my own story, wasnt trying to one up you, just trying to relate.

• Like 1
  • Admin

Always here for you, my man. 

Since I joined the military in 2011, I have lost 5 different guys I considered my closest friends either to combat or another. About a year ago I found out one of the first guys I connected with in the military died of an OD. 6 months later I found out one of the most likable guys I met in AIT had drunkenly drove into a tree and died. These are people I genuinely felt like could have been better if I stayed in touch. In the end though, its not your fault for their actions. People make mad decisions and all you can do is be you and hope you can influence the next person to make better decisions. 

• Like 3

Went through a similar thing with a person I knew. Was really confusing and rough for the first little while. Definitely changed my outlook on life and friends. As sad as it is, you never know when you might say bye to someone for the last time. When I went through something like this, talking with people was the best thing I could do. If you ever need someone who knows what you're going through and you just want to talk, message me and I'd be happy to listen.

Bro, this made me sad af. Like I have never experienced loss. (not a pet or anything) My Grandparents died before I was borne, I am just really scared to loose my parents. I know it sounds selfish af, but I hope I die before my parents. Because I dont want to feel this feeling you described to me. I Play games to escape life I dont get to close to people, And I distance myself from my parents. The only nonfamily member I am really close to I no longer talk to him or hang out with him. He does Mushrooms, acid. I dont want to loose him Hes was my best friend but I dont want to be around that stuff. So I just come back to the false security of the gaming world. And it sucks.

• Like 1

i almost lost my father from a brain aneurysm that nearly took his life a year or so ago. 
And i didn't even know it initially happened, holed up in the basement, gaming, couldn't hear the sirens,
or my own mother panicking to see if he was still breathing, climbed out to find an empty home.

Uncle shows up at the door 30min after midnight, telling me to sit down because the news is dire.
But after a small pressure draining he's right back up, no trouble, until the stroke hits and he's in Emergency Care
for almost 9 months, fitted metal coils in his brain kept him from dying, and in a medically induced daze,
dad's more worried about me, ME? wanting to know if i'm okay, always asking for me when i'm not 
at the hospital to see him. 

I know the tragedy of loss, that sharp twinge in your chest, you'd hope you've spent more time in their lives
Gotten to know them more and filled in any gaps you may have missed out on. Celebrate the moments you shared
and leave a memory that wont cause guilt, or pain, but joy, profound and happy that you got to be a part of their life.

Take the time you need to acknowledge what has transpired; there's no reason to shut out the feelings, we live with them.

You got this man! If you wanna chat, let me know; i'm all ears!

• Like 2

I had a friend recently take his life at the age of 18 and nobody knows why, this happened only a week ago, he didn't leave any notes or video and any explanation and he never seemed to be down so it baffles me when something like this happens

8 months ago I started having family issues preventing me from playing. I was basically homeless for a good while. What I'm trying to say is we are all human and go through hard challenges in life and some people really need to understand that there is more to life than just gaming all day. But not a day goes by that I think I could've prevented what happened to my family. It is very hard to live with guilt on your mind all day. Some people try and live with it or in some cases hold it in so long they explode with anger and do something bad. Don't hold in your feelings people talk with someone about it no matter who or what it is getting it off of your mind and release stress.

I had a similar experience about a year and a half ago -- woke up, started browsing facebook on my phone, learned that my roommate's boyfriend (also a former roommate) had died of an OD. It was shocking, but not altogether surprising. Still, seeing the guy you talked to last week in a coffin is surreal. The shit is everywhere but it's been especially bad in Boston, and the priest at the funeral seemed worn down from seeing so many young OD deaths recently.

Being a bit older than the average Olympus player and having seen alot of shit in my life, if there's one piece of life advice I can offer that I have zero doubts about, it's to stay the fuck away from opioids. 

Almost lost my life and my fathers with a dangerous man on the street (long story short we got into a fight and he pulled a gun) he left because the street started filling with people surrounding him and countless people calling the cops. All during the hurricane too so we wernt happy already.  Cops ended up finding him and we went to the pd. Sorry for your loss.

15 hours ago, Genghis Khan said:

Bro, this made me sad af. Like I have never experienced loss. (not a pet or anything) My Grandparents died before I was borne, I am just really scared to loose my parents. I know it sounds selfish af, but I hope I die before my parents. Because I dont want to feel this feeling you described to me. I Play games to escape life I dont get to close to people, And I distance myself from my parents. The only nonfamily member I am really close to I no longer talk to him or hang out with him. He does Mushrooms, acid. I dont want to loose him Hes was my best friend but I dont want to be around that stuff. So I just come back to the false security of the gaming world. And it sucks.

On a side note, I'll pay you if im in a memetage. Fuck it kick josh let me fill in for him

• Kappa 1

Not that anyone cares but I lost a good childhood friend in 2013. he was a good kid just mixed up with some bad dudes and od'd on Oxys. went to his grave once to say my final goodbyes. his mom found him dead in his room. just this last year I got into a motorcycle accident that almost killed my girlfriend and I and let me tell you, you really don't know how to live or what you want in life until you're laying on road thinking you're gonna die. all I have to say after everything is live your life the way you wanna live. if arma makes you happy, mash that. if you wanna do 250km/hr on a 700lb bike then give er. but whatever you do make sure you stay away from chemicals (drugs) weed is weed (dont panic its organic) but I've seen hard drugs ruin the most purest of hearts.