OS is looking for gangs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I really think this isn’t a good idea, having Moderators in gangs is 100% guaranteed to promote bias among the staff.

We are al humans here, we are all inherently bias but we can take steps not to be...however I feel like this is a big step backwards for Olympus as a whole.  OS/Moderators have no business being in gangs.

#UnpopularOpinion

• Like 5
  • Downvote 4
12 minutes ago, J.Glenn said:

I really think this isn’t a good idea, having Moderators in gangs is 100% guaranteed to promote bias among the staff.

We are al humans here, we are all inherently bias but we can take steps not to be...however I feel like this is a big step backwards for Olympus as a whole.  OS/Moderators have no business being in gangs.

#UnpopularOpinion

So what you are saying is staff isn't allowed to have fun?... It's fairly simple... Staff will have to be unbiased or they will be removed from staff.. if you believe some biased hàs happened then report the staff member. ..

Remember staff volunteers our time to the server and community to ensure you continue having fun... Shouldn't that mean we're allowed to have fun too?

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1
6 minutes ago, MAV said:

So what you are saying is staff isn't allowed to have fun?... It's fairly simple... Staff will have to be unbiased or they will be removed from staff.. if you believe some biased hàs happened then report the staff member. ..

Remember staff volunteers our time to the server and community to ensure you continue having fun... Shouldn't that mean we're allowed to have fun too?

@MAV

I completely value your opinion and acknowledge your points completely.  I just feel like the duty of a staff member/moderator is to uphold the rules above all.  If you befriend several people from a certain gang, you are much more likely to help them out in a way you otherwise would not.

Wouldn’t you agree?

i know you guys volunteer your time for the sever and I truly do appreciate that.  I just feel like it should have some kind of restrictions in place that could be debated when it comes to staff participating as members of gangs.  I’m not trying throw shade or nothin’ man, just trying to get my point out there, you know?

• Owner
9 minutes ago, J.Glenn said:

@MAV

I completely value your opinion and acknowledge your points completely.  I just feel like the duty of a staff member/moderator is to uphold the rules above all.  If you befriend several people from a certain gang, you are much more likely to help them out in a way you otherwise would not.

Wouldn’t you agree?

i know you guys volunteer your time for the sever and I truly do appreciate that.  I just feel like it should have some kind of restrictions in place that could be debated when it comes to staff participating as members of gangs.  I’m not trying throw shade or nothin’ man, just trying to get my point out there, you know?

If you see a staff member beating around the bush and not upholding the same rules within the people in their gang as opposed to outside of their gang, then it’s like Mav said report them. The last staff member that abused within their gang was removed without even questioning it. 

3 minutes ago, Ryan said:

If you see a staff member beating around the bush and not upholding the same rules within the people in their gang as opposed to outside of their gang, then it’s like Mav said report them. The last staff member that abused within their gang was removed without even questioning it. 

^^^^

17 minutes ago, J.Glenn said:

@MAV

Wouldn’t you agree?

I understand what you are saying... trust me, I've said 100x humans are inherently bias towards people they know or like... thats why you cant report staff and a Sr. Admin will look into it. (and trust me they do) Also, being in a gang at this point is a formality.. Under previous rules you could still play with gangs, just couldn't officially be apart of them.. 

31 minutes ago, MAV said:

^^^^

I understand what you are saying... trust me, I've said 100x humans are inherently bias towards people they know or like... thats why you cant report staff and a Sr. Admin will look into it. (and trust me they do) Also, being in a gang at this point is a formality.. Under previous rules you could still play with gangs, just couldn't officially be apart of them.. 

@MAV I see what you’re saying man.  I guess the report system in place keeps a fair portion of that natural bias away.  I honestly just appreciate how strict you are everything in general on this topic, because I’m used to staff in the past being bias towards gangs and shit and that’s why I wrote so much about what I thought on the subject.

Thank you for having an honest and well-mannered discussion, it truly means a lot to be able to put an opinion out there on a forum and not be downvoted 30 times because your opinion is different than someone else’s.

• Like 1

Not a problem man! We welcome the opinions of the community (even the unpopular ones :) )  We do our best to be unbiased and always fall back on the ticketing system for checks and balances.. Trust me, if an admin/mod abuse their powers... no bueno for them!