APD Handbook Update 5/15/2019

• Admin

Honestly, a tactic against milking was way past due. This isn’t the way though. Something similar or like the way @DeadPool mentioned. 

As of now, it can be used completely out of the milking aspect. I.E. A regular wave goes through and the second someone is last they put their hands up to bring in another wave immediately. Should be a more distinct criteria for them to surrender rather than simply being last alive IMO  

@Pledge

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Dante said:

As of now, it can be used completely out of the milking aspect. I.E. A regular wave goes through and the second someone is last they put their hands up to bring in another wave immediately. Should be a more distinct criteria for them to surrender rather than simply being last alive IMO  

This, a million times this.

as far as im aware they have to run out of ammo and have no ability to heal ( etc bloodbags and faks ) to be able to do this not just put your hands up when you feel like it as last. 

43 minutes ago, Bojo said:

This, a million times this.

46 minutes ago, Dante said:

Honestly, a tactic against milking was way past due. This isn’t the way though. Something similar or like the way @DeadPool mentioned. 

@Pledge

I mean, I thought of this but countered it by making them sit out a wave, and even wait for another wave to reach them. Although im open to changing it to be more distinct if better criteria is found or if its abused.

Just now, Revise said:

as far as im aware they have to run out of ammo and have no ability to heal ( etc bloodbags and faks ) to be able to do this not just put your hands up when you feel like it as last. 

this is changed now

2 hours ago, KrispyK said:

so yall gonna start not allowing people to shoot guns too

or block towers with cars

How is that exploiting a loop hole? The comparison doesn't even come close to being relevant.. c'mon now your just reaching

1 hour ago, DeadPool said:

Not the civ rep head olympus wants, but the civ rep head olympus needs...;)

1 hour ago, Dante said:

@Pledge

I can get on board with this, there should be criteria that limits neutralization to 'milking' ie clearly trying to just break legs without reasonably trying to kill the officer or something similar.. I get why it's worded the way it is, given it's simplicity and how rank snatch happy Olympus is right now.. but still, should limit the change to effect only how it was being abused. .

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dante said:

@Pledge

1 hour ago, MAV said:

I can get on board with this, there should be criteria that limits neutralization to 'milking' ie clearly trying to just break legs without reasonably trying to kill the officer or something similar.. I get why it's worded the way it is, given it's simplicity and how rank snatch happy Olympus is right now.. but still, should limit the change to effect only how it was being abused. .

Fixed the rule update:

1. The last officer of a wave may place their hands on their head after the highest ranking officer online has declared the officer neutralized from "milking", and they must remain there until reached by APD forces, at which point they must drop their hands and return to HQ.

1. Milking: To be trapped by civs as the last officer in a wave where you have no more ammo, faks or bloodbags.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Bojo said:

This is a clear sign they dont care, this is next level. 

9 hours ago, Mr Majestic said:

We play obviously a very different game. I don't see how you can say that with a straight face when it is literally the MOST used tactic when you're a smaller group. When it's the only way to slow down the trickle of lethals that eventually catch one player every other wave or so, this is a huge problem for them now.

You forget DB wasn't and isn't some huge gang, what do you think we did before we started this larger group of collective gangs?

10 hours ago, Pledge said:

It shouldn't affect them much, as I have not seen much milking from smaller gangs. Traditionally it is used by the larger gangs. So this shouldnt impact them much.

First my op on this. Cops are already broken as it is. I had enough of cops saying that civs are too overpowered so i had some of my really good friends test this out and it just seems to be that cops dont play the same and as smart as some of the people on civ because they dont care about their gear and what happens. They have no nlr and have every advantage over civs. Even tho I consider my gang one of the bigger gangs on the server most people dont know me because I dont care about cops and most of the staff and dont put my word out there as much. Either way small gangs and even my own for sure need to milk waves as much as possible. if anything I would say smaller gangs milk the most out of anyone because they need to. 

I think imma go for fed civ rep and actually try and do something with the server in the best way I can with the power I have because saying stuff on here doesnt do anything. The server is now run by srs APD and staff when it should be run by the community. This is Y I think gang life is completely dead and why this server wont last much longer in the future. Ive talked to a lot of "active civs" (mostly no names) that play and they are only still on the server because there is no other game to play atm. Its only a matter of time for a new game or even a new server with better gang life stuff to pop off and overtake this server.

Another reason why a lot of people still play this server is because of their own hard work. They dont want to give up something they have earned and grinded for. Like cop and medic ranks, money, there gang, and even warpoints gear and status/power within the community. Otherwise, if a newer server came up and offered all the same things they had on here I would have no doubt people would leave and give it a shot. 

I honestly love this server and some of the people in it. The only thing keeping it all together now is the community. Some (and I mean some now all)  of the staff and retired personnel that work and try there best to do there job and perfect the server. A lot of the Civ council members we have to thank. Support team, medics and most importantly the regulars who play this game as civ.

I would love to go on and on about certain tops to argue but there is just far too much to cover. On this topic however looking forward to fed there are only really 2-3 gangs that can really do them.

and those are on special occasions where everyone can get on for those events at a set time and date. This means that maybe a few times a week at most 1 gang (not multiple teaming up or combining) can do a fed. a lot of the times now its just a lot of gang teaming up but thats the way it has to be done. Its far to hard for gang to do it solo now.

I think if I had to sum it up I would say this. SR APD and "some" staff are very blind to the fact gang life isnt what it used to be a year or 2 ago. We have to adjusted to the number of players we have so that everyone even smaller gangs can have a chance and then, and only then once more and more people get on and gang life rises again, then we can start to buff apd and make feds hard and more difficult but still providing the same benefits and rewards to those who attempt to do it. Cause right now its the same few gangs and the apd havent really changed where the civ life has. for most things are harder and more difficult. This is just my op tho. Feel free to tell me I am wrong and stupid but suggest something else or give me your op and I will respond to it. I am walys down for some friendly arguments

7 hours ago, MAV said:

Its not a tactical strategy, its a loophole in the wave rule...

mav. If you werent staff and actually played the game like a civ doing runs in ur bad gang maybe you would think differently. I bet if there wasnt even a wave rule there are still some gangs that could hold and complete the feds. that being said its the cops playstyle, rules and skills that make it this way. Forcing civs to use strats to complete these tough events. If i had no nlr and had free gear sets I could destroy anyone in a cartel fight. It just takes a little still and smarts to play this game it aint hard for a decent shot to set up. but when u make no nlr, free gear sets and almost no strat play accept for mass log cops on server 2 because theres a fed going on I find it stupid.

If anything I would rather cops be locked out from a server if there is a fed and make it so all cops have lethals, no wave rule and everything boosted. I bet that would still be easier then the stuff we deal with today. 

Literally the other day I saw cops in ts put " DONT LOG ON TO SERVER 2 THERE IS A FED GOING ON" and we had to wait 2 hours for just 1 more cop to get on and once that happend we have 20 cops on the server all log on at once. SO stupid the stuff civs deal with if u actually have some sense and play this game like a true civ maybe you would play differently and think differently. 

4 hours ago, Strikke said:

Fixed the rule update:

1. The last officer of a wave may place their hands on their head after the highest ranking officer online has declared the officer neutralized from "milking", and they must remain there until reached by APD forces, at which point they must drop their hands and return to HQ.

1. Milking: To be trapped by civs as the last officer in a wave where you have no more ammo, faks or bloodbags.

2 things this is only for feds? not other red zones or rebel. Second so cops are just gonna spray all there ammo out the window so they can just put there hands up, or only have like 3 mags on them instead of 20.

I don't get how chris kyle declares from telos house that he's neutralized. Or that he just gets a free pass to walk over to a car and drive home across gate 1 

What a shit update. Next update, gate 4 removed as it originally was, no jump spots.  

• Like 1
5 hours ago, MAV said:

How is that exploiting a loop hole? The comparison doesn't even come close to being relevant.. c'mon now your just reaching

Not the civ rep head olympus wants, but the civ rep head olympus needs...;)

Also a solution not to be milked is just to slam and drive and play together forcing the civs to kill you at the close ranges instead of having all the cops spread like brain dead bots and try to snipe at you when they are a dep. I really think its kinda the cops fault for getting "milked"

Thats like saying oh Imma nerf towers cause I always get quick peaked. Well if u change ur strat and play better then maybe you could slam the tower and have a better chance.

Also something like that is why we have 1 hours long cartel fights against 1 naked. Thank god for the cartel garage I can now pull ifrits and just push the rook banger and kill him. Again tho its there fault for choosing a bad start to begin with.

If every cop just slammed jump tower for a wave as there start I highly doubt any of them would be milked because they are all playing together and the civs in the tower would be forced to kill the cops or be restrained / lethaled

All you guys talking shit about @DeadPool need to realize that you wouldn't have Civilian Council if it weren't for him. I don't always agree with or see eye to eye with him, however, there is no doubt that he cares about this community. 

@KrispyK if you want to talk shit about him not being "elected" then if he weren't the one running civ council it would be another fad that does in a couple weeks.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, John Wayne said:

I don't get how chris kyle declares from telos house that he's neutralized. Or that he just gets a free pass to walk over to a car and drive home across gate 1 

What a shit update. Next update, gate 4 removed as it originally was, no jump spots.  

To be 100 % honest. I think there shouldnt even be jumpspots on the fed. That would fix a lot of stuff and be "balanced" LOL that should be the counter update.

jump spots are now considered exploiting. To be fair I dont think those were intended either. I mean if we look at how its built it wasnt. Plus if we got rid of vans the cops could barley even use them LOOOOOOOOOL. again not that indend. @MAV 

4 minutes ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

All you guys talking shit about @DeadPool need to realize that you wouldn't have Civilian Council if it weren't for him. I don't always agree with or see eye to eye with him, however, there is no doubt that he cares about this community.

@DeadPool somewhat supports a controversial APD change and now has all sAPD at his back.

3 minutes ago, John Wayne said:

@DeadPool somewhat supports a controversial APD change and now has all sAPD at his back.

Not really even that. In the past I've disagreed with Deadpool yet always supported his involvement in the community. Just so happens that the time we come to agree, others are disliking him.

2 minutes ago, John Wayne said:

Well, he did spend over a hour with SAPD talking about how he could get unblacklisted + possible changes to make the feds harder and I quote "more rewarding"  just the other day. Still waiting on that reward part not going to lie.

5 minutes ago, Bojo said:

Well, he did spend over a hour with SAPD talking about how he could get unblacklisted + possible changes to make the feds harder and I quote "more rewarding"  just the other day. Still waiting on that reward part not going to lie.

they never will be. sadly, even tho maybe instead of worries about the apd buffs and changes the only way to counter them is to buff ourselves. more gold, less times maybe less cops idk

this deadpool guy just wants to be unblacklisted, I think personally when it comes to smaller groups and gangs(15 or less) should just go back to the old rule because it would be fucking busted because thats the only way the smaller groups could actually win feds with strategy’s like that, and like 20-25+ the current rule stays in affect to balance the odds. Just my take on it, I totally agree with the rule change but eventually the big group of people will stop doing feds and it will go back to the dry state that it was in with no one doing any federal event besides the random people and groups and they’ll just get ass blasted with waves of zombies.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, DeadPool said:

Because this handbook change actually makes sense and is a step in the right direction. It's not making the most abundant rank have fucking lethals. It's changing the meta of a fed.

Less milking more waves. More waves more kills. More kills more warpoints.

Hey there. I know we haven’t met but I just thought I’d introduce myself. My name’s Google. I’ve heard of you. You’re that civilian council guy, right? That’s so cool! You bring ideas out for civilians, that’s just crazy cool. I hope I’m not coming off to strong but I messaged you about two days ago with an idea I personally would love for civs. Please take a look at it. :wub:

57 minutes ago, Bojo said:

So you have confirmation that he discussed being unblacklisted when he met with pledge? Or are you speculating because his immediate response to an APD wasn't wasn't NO?

1 hour ago, PURE P.K said:

To be 100 % honest. I think there shouldnt even be jumpspots on the fed. That would fix a lot of stuff and be "balanced" LOL that should be the counter update.

jump spots are now considered exploiting. To be fair I dont think those were intended either. I mean if we look at how its built it wasnt. Plus if we got rid of vans the cops could barley even use them LOOOOOOOOOL. again not that indend. @MAV 

Vans used at fed for jump spots orobably wasn't an intended result of giving APD vans (wasn't there for that meeting) but, to be fair, the van is a piece of equipment that is being used, not an exploitation of a rule..

1 hour ago, PURE P.K said:

I think if I had to sum it up I would say this. SR APD and "some" staff are very blind to the fact gang life isnt what it used to be a year or 2 ago. 

mav. If you werent staff and actually played the game like a civ doing runs in ur bad gang maybe you would think differently. I bet if there wasnt even a wave rule there are still some gangs that could hold and complete the feds. that being said its the cops playstyle, rules and skills that make it this way. Forcing civs to use strats to complete these tough events. If i had no nlr and had free gear sets I could destroy anyone in a cartel fight. It just takes a little still and smarts to play this game it aint hard for a decent shot to set up. but when u make no nlr, free gear sets and almost no strat play accept for mass log cops on server 2 because theres a fed going on I find it stupid.

Balance comes when situations are unbalanced, civs mass log for feds, APD needs a counter... Feds are supposed to be hard and APD sided, your reward is literally 20mil in gold for 30 mins of work.......

We are well aware "gang life" isn't what it used to be, this is because the majority of people who taught cartels got tired of the repetitiveness of fighting cap and moved on..

I'll have you know buddy I have over 1K hours on civ when I was just a regular civ  doing runs and everything anyone else does... Also, calls my gang bad, won't push arms, or war us..we're just playing to have fun, perhaps that's the approach you should take to the game... Keep your bias beef with me out of this topic, thanks...

12 hours ago, MAV said:

Let's be honest here guys, milking deputies / POs was never an intended by product of the wave rule... I'm actually surprised it took this long to fix...I've literally seen deps milked for 8-10 minutes before with body blocking / ifrit blocking

If it's clearly op then other things can be done to balance

I was at BW while on cop, last alive, they just hit me with vehicle so I couldn’t do anything. Lol some big moves.

10 hours ago, KrispyK said:

oh piss off seriously

fucking beta ass cops

ya question why are you a beta cuck

you are punishing players for using strats. monkabraindead

Yeah let’s keep the meta the same for years and once we make a slight change where you have to adapt let’s lose our mind shut your useless mouth you fucking brain dead retard.

And about people complaining about how this will affect smaller gangs, how do you suggest we solve this problem? By pulling armor and coordinated pushes I am assuming, but then we would be back at square 1 because what if a senior did that to a small gang inb4 you say “well you can control how much armor you pull.” Well we can also control if we use this rule or not. All of you complain so much about a handbook update until it is actually tested.

3 minutes ago, MAV said:

So you have confirmation that he discussed being unblacklisted when he met with pledge? Or are you speculating because his immediate response to an APD wasn't wasn't NO?

Vans used at fed for jump spots orobably wasn't an intended result of giving APD vans (wasn't there for that meeting) but, to be fair, the van is a piece of equipment that is being used, not an exploitation of a rule..

Balance comes when situations are unbalanced, civs mass log for feds, APD needs a counter... Feds are supposed to be hard and APD sided, your reward is literally 20mil in gold for 30 mins of work.......

We are well aware "gang life" isn't what it used to be, this is because the majority of people who taught cartels got tired of the repetitiveness of fighting cap and moved on..

I'll have you know buddy I have over 1K hours on civ when I was just a regular civ  doing runs and everything anyone else does... Also, calls my gang bad, won't push arms, or war us..we're just playing to have fun, perhaps that's the approach you should take to the game... Keep your bias beef with me out of this topic, thanks...

so 2 things I will push you armed and war u once points are back up and u stop camping bodies and camping neo.

Second thing its not 20 mill. when there are 30 people who mass log. 

thats only 333K per hour. 

the price for regular gangs doing fed would be 

666K per hour with 15 people (1 gang)

I could do a meth or moonshine run and get like 2 mill an hour. 

or even a diamond run and make more the reward isnt there any more.

Feds arent worth it and with it being apd sided its stupid. If we want to make it worth the so called 20 - 30  mill rewards which at regular times u can get only like 10-15 mill then its horrible.

To make it worth it make it the most rewarding thing on the server which it should be.

If its takes 30 players to do cause of the apd sided way of things then make it the best hourly rate

For example if I get 1 mill an hour average doing a meth run

Make fed give you 2 mill an hour.

But looking at it like this

If I get 2 mill an hour doing non stop meth. Then in fed maybe make it 2 mill every 30 mins or 3 mill per hour. Therefore, if it takes 30 players to do a fed make it 

so you get 45 mill for a fed..

ALSO something you forgot. its not just 30 mins. Its also the extra (15 mins) average that it takes to sell and depo the gold money

Also feds are like a 1 time thing. The civs have to get regeared where cops dont.

theres also a cooldown time on the fed making it only once an hour or 4 times a reset. 

Also if soomeone else does a bw then u cant even do a fed. On top of that if there is 4 cops on or only 10 mins to reset then u cant do one so thhe reward should be very very goof for feds

LAST THING.  And I have noticed this a lot. Cops sshould be required by rules to spread. I often hear and see cops stacking 1 server. They do 4 - 4 - 10

when it should be 

6 - 6 - 6 (not meant to be a meme its just math )

Also another thing. If i became famous and logged 60 guys on for a fed everyday would u guys be like

deps get lethals now to counter this. well u could do that

but u are making it harder for the other 99% of the server so just cause u cant beat 1 gang of 30 which is really like 10 gangs combined doesnt mean u should cahnge it so every gang has to suffer that doesnt have 30 members