Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Stop the hackers.

Hackers are becoming more and more active now. I cant submit comp because when so many people die it crashes my game. This is very annoying for the average player.

• Like 2
  • TriHard 1
  • Clown 1
  • Downvote 4
  • STFU 3

I believe the Dev team is working very diligently on identifying what program is being used, what’s causing games to crash, and how to prevent and block this going forward. As Maddox said, comp requests in this case typically requires minimal evidence. 

• Like 1
  • BlessUp 2
  • SWAT Commander

There is no way to just turn off hackers. What, do you think there's a button we can press to not allow hacking? 

@ Fraali is trying his ass off sorting this all out and doing the best he can, and he's done an absolutely fucking amazing job behind the scenes that you couldn't even imagine. We haven't had actual grief hacking like this in a long, LONG time. This is probably more of a BattleEye issue and not much a server-sided anti-cheat can solve to the fullest extent.

Going on the forums posting about this just shows how oblivious you are as to how hard they are trying to solve this issue, so you, the "average player" don't have to deal with this as frequently or at all.

• Like 9
  • Downvote 2
  • Owner
1 hour ago, Fraali said:

I never thought to do that before! I'll get right on it!

On a real note though, I'm working on it.

yo this guy ☝️ is a crackhead that only developed AC on Olympus for literally 4+ months, if anyone can do it, even beyond BE, its him 😛 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Maddox said:

During times like these if you lose something to a hacker you don’t need video just don’t lie about what you had.

Just to clarify, you don't need any evidence for REASONABLE comp. Reasonable being a 250/300k loadout. Anything beyond that, you are going to need evidence. 

A 2 million dollar meth run + your tier 5 vest, mar 10, two different suppressors, and police mx in your backpack is not considered reasonable comp. That you WILL need evidence for. 

• Like 4

god why didnt we think to just disable the hackers?!?! this @ Fraali  guy puts in way more work to this server than he's ever asked too, and people rarely ever recognize that. We have a total of about 5 people on the dev team plus the administrative staff team to start from a literal blank page to resolve issues like this man. People have been busting their asses off left and right so that these issues dont ever happen like they used too.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Xlax said:

There is no way to just turn off hackers. What, do you think there's a button we can press to not allow hacking? 

@ Fraali is trying his ass off sorting this all out and doing the best he can, and he's done an absolutely fucking amazing job behind the scenes that you couldn't even imagine. We haven't had actual grief hacking like this in a long, LONG time. This is probably more of a BattleEye issue and not much a server-sided anti-cheat can solve to the fullest extent.

Going on the forums posting about this just shows how oblivious you are as to how hard they are trying to solve this issue, so you, the "average player" don't have to deal with this as frequently or at all.

If only there weren't people who develop scripts with the intent to do these things and ruin other peoples experience.

👀

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Pepega 1
  • SWAT Commander
1 hour ago, Silton said:

If only there weren't people who develop scripts with the intent to do these things and ruin other peoples experience.

👀

never would I ever imagine even thinking about committing those malicious acts 

• Hmm 1

basically fix battleeye please.

Also the amount of arma scripts around rn is fucking insane. (im not saying to go look for them im just saying)   Alot of cheat providers are now providing arma scripts. No money scripts or anything but crashing scripts & AB on arma 3 is finna go crazy.

8 hours ago, Jew kyles said:

I cant submit comp because when so many people die it crashes my game.

As stated you don't need video for reasonable comp, if it is something that is big like valuable gear, a big run, etc. you will need video.

However if whatever you are using to record your game only allows you to record the game I recommend using desktop capture instead so that even if your game crashes you can still record it. Idk what program you use to record, but for shadowplay (Nvidia Instant replay) you can do so by this:

Alt+Z > Disable Instant replay > Settings (gear button) > Privacy control > enable desktop capture > Turn Instant replay back on

So now whenever you alt f10, it will record your desktop screen entirely (anytime you tab out or anything on the screen will be visible in the video). So be careful with whatever you may have on your background if your planning to record it. 

• Head Admin
2 hours ago, Strafe said:

basically fix battleeye please.

Also the amount of arma scripts around rn is fucking insane. (im not saying to go look for them im just saying)   Alot of cheat providers are now providing arma scripts. No money scripts or anything but crashing scripts & AB on arma 3 is finna go crazy.

To be fair if you google arma 3 cheats and you try and use 99% of the stuff you find you're gonna have a bad time.

I highly recommend ^_^

• Like 4
47 minutes ago, Grandma Gary said:

To be fair if you google arma 3 cheats and you try and use 99% of the stuff you find you're gonna have a bad time.

a bad time on olympus or arma 3 as a whole? I dont even play so im genuinely curious. A few hack providers ive used for csgo, apex, etc have private arma scripts, cheating in arma seems useless imo but i doubt theyd get lasered on other servers (i was completely unaware that oly had its own AC or that that was even possible for A3). Plus mf's like M5 exsist.  

Edited by Strafe

yall OS are mad dumb the hackers on the server r fucking obvious🤣🤦‍♂️

lemme run some down for u, mat the w has 300-400 hours n hes not even fucking american hes not legit

couple kids in black cunts spinning their dicks off, shoots people through 2 smokes but HEY, ITS JUST ARMA

but u guys wouldnt know shit cuz yall dont actually spectate🤦‍♂️

• Like 3
  • BlessUp 4
  • Hmm 1
  • Weird 1
  • Clown 2