So ive heard from sources that we upgraded the internet to server for the 150 player max and yet the server is the most laggy its ever been, this shit going down hill fast please fix this nobody wants to shoot someone 10 times and then still trade.

• Clown 2
  • STFU 4
1 hour ago, Fraali said:

Your "sources" are slightly wrong.

The server currently utilizes Gigabit up/down through our hosting provider. It has not changed in the past ~year or so. What we DID upgrade, was the server box to something significantly more modern and efficient. This hasn't fixed all of our issues, but saying "fix this" won't change it much more, as we already are looking into these issues and working on potential fixes. It's not like you saying so can let us go "Oh, you want us to fix the lag? Okay! Let me press a single button and its fixed!". Unfortunately it's an extensive problem that could stem from one or multiple of potentially hundreds of different things.

I won't go into detail, but Arma's engine is very fragile and limited. In spite of this, we do have @ codeYeTi working on some things that could (in theory) make things a lot smoother not just for players, but for the developers as well. Both @ Doc and I have been working on optimizing any type of net throughput in order to alleviate some of the issues as well, but it's a slow process as the only increases we get these days is minuscule compared to when I first joined the development team.

I also have to note, that shooting someone 10 times before they die is a common occurrence in almost any server I've played with a significant population, though you're free to prove me wrong if this isn't the case.

TL;DR

We are working on it, and have been for a while.

dip in game = +300fps 0 ping

• Like 5
  • BlessUp 1
1 hour ago, Fraali said:

The server currently utilizes Gigabit up/down through our hosting provider. It has not changed in the past ~year or so. What we DID upgrade, was the server box to something significantly more modern and efficient. This hasn't fixed all of our issues, but saying "fix this" won't change it much more, as we already are looking into these issues and working on potential fixes. It's not like you saying so can let us go "Oh, you want us to fix the lag? Okay! Let me press a single button and its fixed!". Unfortunately it's an extensive problem that could stem from one or multiple of potentially hundreds of different things.

I won't go into detail, but Arma's engine is very fragile and limited. In spite of this, we do have @ codeYeTi working on some things that could (in theory) make things a lot smoother not just for players, but for the developers as well. Both @ Doc and I have been working on optimizing any type of net throughput in order to alleviate some of the issues as well, but it's a slow process as the only increases we get these days is minuscule compared to when I first joined the development team.

I also have to note, that shooting someone 10 times before they die is a common occurrence in almost any server I've played with a significant population, though you're free to prove me wrong if this isn't the case.

TL;DR

Mic Drop GIFs | Tenor

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, Fraali said:

TL;DR

Love how ervbody in cabal dick riding ur shitty ass srver lol get on rebel an see how u like it urself

• Hmm 1
  • Weird 2
  • Cringe 1
  • Clown 1
  • STFU 1
1 hour ago, P2THEGOLDMASK said:

Love how ervbody in cabal dick riding ur shitty ass srver lol get on rebel an see how u like it urself

What # o7 & name change are you on?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
4 minutes ago, Raj from tech support said:

What # o7 & name change are you on?

Hey listen buddy I play server everyday and enjoy it just now its laggin like fuck outta no where dont need u admins who dont even play server to tell us its not lagging when it is.

• STFU 1
Just now, P2THEGOLDMASK said:

Hey listen buddy I play server everyday and enjoy it just now its laggin like fuck outta no where dont need u admins who dont even play server to tell us its not lagging when it is.

No one ever said it wasn’t lagging you dent. Jay didn’t say it didn’t lag. Maybe  try and read to see that he said they are working on it. 

I’ve also been playing the server almost daily and honestly have not experienced lag, besides the norm. And thats not even me saying there is none…

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, P2THEGOLDMASK said:

Calm down revy wouldn’t want you to o7 for the 10th time within a year.

• BlessUp 1
  • Sad 1

We really do not appreciate our developer's, staff, owners, like @ Doc  @ Fraali  @ Zahzi  @ codeYeTi  @ Maddox  @ jig  @ Masoooooooooon  @ Mason Harrison  @ Ryan  @ Parker Brooks  @ Secret Agent  @ Decimus

as much as we should. 

We need to appreciate these guys who take the time out of their day. These guys take time away from family, friends, the bar, etc. Anything from a Bug, web problem, game problem these guys are there to help fix it. 

Without these guys Olympus Would not be Continuing as it is.  The reason half of you guys don't realize is because every bug ya'll know about it is already being worked on by these guys.

Now instead of bashing and cussing out the admins, and staff for a Ping problem: Go put in a bug report - Or go message one of these guys and ask hey what is happening you beautiful people, and they will answer. Instead you made yourself look like an idiot on the forums and Fraali had to put you in your place. 

Anyways. Thank you staff Team!

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • BlessUp 1
  • Haha 1
  • Kreygasm 2
  • Lead Texture Designer
On 12/3/2021 at 7:16 PM, Fedot said:

@ Fraali  Just download more RAM and turn the CPU to x64 Wumbo Hyperthreading mode. 

@ Fedot I don't think Wumbo is a real word... 😐

• SWAT Commander
On 12/2/2021 at 6:00 PM, Fraali said:

TL;DR

bro just turn the "No Lag" button on, not sure why olympus hasn't done that yet.

• BlessUp 1
  • Haha 3