big gangs ruin the game for new players/small groups

can't even do anything with my 2 friends without getting cucked by some big gang with like 10 people that thinks they're good. super anti-fun for newer players too, you wanna do a run? tough titty, gang members who never disconnect will rob you.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 7
16 minutes ago, Khada Jhin said:

can't even do anything with my 2 friends without getting cucked by some big gang with like 10 people that thinks they're good. super anti-fun for newer players too, you wanna do a run? tough titty, gang members who never disconnect will rob you.

:peterscream:

• Downvote 1

I can see how big gangs might be very unappealing to newer players, but on the other hand you are not considering to the very players they fuck over then they go out and seek revenge on these gangs by possibly grouping up with others and fighting back. This is what makes the game fun, in my opinion, is trying to get into a big gang and become the best by robbing tons of people and letting everyone know not to fuck with you.

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, Strikke said:

And how do you suggest we fix this?

Maybe it's a rarity nowadays, but perhaps my most favorite Olympus moment ever is the one time I was getting robbed during a legal run and I called the APD and they came in a heli and totally ruined the robber's day.  If gangs are out of control on the server then either the APD isn't doing its job or players aren't taking advantage of them for backup.

One hint: try doing your runs during a Fed/Blackwater/Jailbreak if you want a reduced risk of getting ganked.

1 hour ago, Khada Jhin said:

Buy a gun

19 hours ago, Khada Jhin said:

why don’t you join a gang ? 

if you are starting out server 3 or 2 would be the best place to be. Server 1 is filled with toxic cancerous and the utmost scummiest people of all time. Server 1 you will get robbed for doing a hatchback of iron. 

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Khada Jhin said:

Try doing something legal like cement, cement is easy, fast and you can make about 500k with a tempest device

1 hour ago, Qasim said:

Try doing something legal like cement, cement is easy, fast and you can make about 500k with a tempest device

device of cement is not a good idea imo, way too much risk for reward ratio, need to do 2 runs of it just to cover the costs of buying a new device worst come to worst.

When i first started, I got robbed hundreds of times by burban, made me want to be like them. so i kept getting robbed and fighting back. eventually got enough hours and enough money to join a gang, Joined potp, became a cop made like 63mill,While playing cop met a couple fellers named @Corporal_Moob@Pete Malloy @Adi@RogueMK. Then made [IS] shit on burban for awhile, They got so upset with us, they had the admins try to get us to disband. So we remade the gang [MC] and been having fun with them ever since. It's all about how you look at big gangs. Big gangs are fun, but they can also be very annoying and your gonna loose alot of money. 

• Like 1

Go to server 3. Leave Kavala. Spawn Athira/Sofia/Pyrgos. Buy Gun. Buy Backpack. Buy a Offroad pickup - Get insurance & upgrade storage. Pick a legal/illegal run & go for it.

- Check market prices for best returns & to see who's running what

- Don't take the fastest most obvious routes between fields & processors to drug dealer/traders.

- Don't buy huge trucks until you are loaded or have solid numbers in your crew ( thassa redflag & you'll surely be robbed )

- Hide your car between buildings, in tall grass, or make it look crashed & abandoned it ( even if it means you gotta run a little - get a red gull or two ) 

- Listen for vehicles & helis patrolling - beware of whats going on and be ready to fight/dip out

- Watch side chat for those dummies who talk about locations ( don't ask questions here )

- Don't put double clicked markers on map ( everyone will see you marked the map )

- Type out an engagement text & copy/paste it - if you see some suspicious shit rollin up on you, pop that text and get ready to shoot it out.

Basically try to do small load runs back to back, instead of high risk hauls until you get the hang of it & more numbers on your side. The more time you spend picking in a field or processing in a plant, the higher chance you have someone will show up. 

This is how I started on olympus... running coke solo dolo in a offroad pick up truck. 

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, The Mountain said:

device of cement is not a good idea imo, way too much risk for reward ratio, need to do 2 runs of it just to cover the costs of buying a new device worst come to worst.

That is why you make sure it is insured.