Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Civilian Grey Area Thread

It depend how you respond to the bank, if a hostage situation is called and you respond to THE HOSTAGE SITUATION  instead of the bank then you have to negotiate cuz technically their are no reasons to call it off. 

However if you are responding to THE BANK and your intent is to deal with THE BANK then you can just code 3 up in their.

Its not like a fed where you don't have to respond to a hostage situation cuz no RP is required to deal with the people clearly participating 

some good clarification would be lovely but that's how i think it is tbh 

• Like 1
On 8/14/2019 at 1:52 PM, Dox | Cheeky Narco said:

I need more than a "I'm pretty sure"

Once someone gets revived, if they are in a red-zone, you do not have to re-initiate.

Once someone gets revived, if their gang is at war with yours, you do not have to re-initiate. Location does not matter if they are an enemy gang (they'll have a red name above their head).

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 9:49 PM, Noahhh! said:

Once someone gets revived, if they are in a red-zone, you do not have to re-initiate.

Once someone gets revived, if their gang is at war with yours, you do not have to re-initiate. Location does not matter if they are an enemy gang (they'll have a red name above their head).

im talking about if we are fighting their gang, not at war. i know what red zones and wars are homie.

11 minutes ago, Dox | Cheeky Narco said:

im talking about if we are fighting their gang, not at war. i know what red zones and wars are homie.

I'm pretty sure even through an active engagement between two gangs, you have to reinitiate after every revive. If you're not at war or in a red zone, you always have to initiate after a revive, even if other members of the gang are still alive. 

There was a situation in which we were fighting a gang near Sofia hospital, and we killed half of them, they got revived, and we killed them again without initiation. We were not camping bodies, they just came back around later when we were still fighting their gang members yet to be killed. I saw the tag and killed him. I got an RDM ban because no red zone and not an enemy gang.

• Sad 1
12 minutes ago, Noahhh! said:

I'm pretty sure even through an active engagement between two gangs, you have to reinitiate after every revive. If you're not at war or in a red zone, you always have to initiate after a revive, even if other members of the gang are still alive. 

There was a situation in which we were fighting a gang near Sofia hospital, and we killed half of them, they got revived, and we killed them again without initiation. We were not camping bodies, they just came back around later when we were still fighting their gang members yet to be killed. I saw the tag and killed him. I got an RDM ban because no red zone and not an enemy gang.

I'd definitely ask for it to be outlined more specifically in the rules if you're civ rep. It seems like way too much of a gray area. If im engaged with a gang and one of them gets revived there is def a 99% chance he will just start blasting without any engagement since we are already fighting his mates so why would we have to engage again? just seems really sus and like something that comes down to opinion on whos doing the report review.

25 minutes ago, Dox | Cheeky Narco said:

I'd definitely ask for it to be outlined more specifically in the rules if you're civ rep. It seems like way too much of a gray area. If im engaged with a gang and one of them gets revived there is def a 99% chance he will just start blasting without any engagement since we are already fighting his mates so why would we have to engage again? just seems really sus and like something that comes down to opinion on whos doing the report review.

Yeah, that kind of shit puts people on vacation all the time.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Noahhh! said:

Yeah, that kind of shit puts people on vacation all the time.

yep got banned for that 

i died but a mate was in the 1km area he started fighting them i got up tazed one of the guys that killed me 

we both had tags but then i reported for something simelar and it got denied

• Senior Map Designer
8 hours ago, Dox | Cheeky Narco said:

If your gang are actively fighting another gang whilst you are dead and then you get revived, you will have to re-initiate unless there are still shots between both gangs or someone else has re-initiated after you were revived.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

If I shoot someone who hasn't done anything wrong and I haven't engaged them at all what-so-ever is that considered fail rp?

If I shoot a rabbit without engaging him is that fail rp?

• 2 months later...

From APD handbook:

Seizure of Weapons - Illegal items(including Blackwater items) should be seized when the opportunity presents itself (preferably before transport). Please refer to the Ticket Guide for examples of probable cause.

Can u clarify what the preferably before transport means @ChrisGG, if you transport them then what?  For instance an HQ takeover in kavala, if the opportunity presents itself to seize illegal items, such as the threats have been neutralized, or 2 mins have passed from the last shot, then why shouldn't we quickly seize illegal weapons, why leave a guy in hq with a mk1 when this states we can seize it "when the opportunity presents itself".  It is very likely that in the middle of going through LIST that a rookbanger will run in and try to rescue their guy and now you have to deal with a mk1.

• 1 month later...

Currently as the APD handbook is written, banks aren't a "federal event" and aren't a no-roleplay scenario for cops. Could I technically get a whole horde of hostages and make the cops let me get the money and leave (Like an IRL bank robbery might go.)

Edited by |REAL| Boing
17 minutes ago, |REAL| Boing said:

Currently as the APD handbook is written, banks aren't a "federal event" and aren't a no-roleplay scenario for cops. Could I technically get a whole horde of hostages and make the cops let me get the money and leave (Like an IRL bank robbery might go.)

no