Olympus History.

So, I came here in early 2017 after leaving a milsim server, absolutely loved the year i've been playing on these servers. But it got me thinking, how did Mcdili set up Olympus? How did it get so popular? Just curious. 

6 minutes ago, mentalgaming13 said:

So, I came here in early 2017 after leaving a milsim server, absolutely loved the year i've been playing on these servers. But it got me thinking, how did Mcdili set up Olympus? How did it get so popular? Just curious. 

Well Mcdili wasn’t the original owner it was Poseidon,Mcdili just recently took over ownership 

• Downvote 1
12 minutes ago, mentalgaming13 said:

The community has been around since 2014 I believe. I joined 2016. Poseidon is the Founder. Not sure if what I'm about to say is true so don't quote me on it but I heard that Poseidon ended up using Olympus to pay off his college funds and then sold it to Mcdili for way less than its actually worth. It was probably just to get rid of it because he's been to busy to own a large scale community. Either way, Mcdili made a great owner.

Edited by HunterBklyn
spelling error
31 minutes ago, communistjosh said:

well do you know why he lost interest?

people lose interest in games and want to move on... its an investment to commit to a game and moreover a community...life happens..

I mean there used to be 2 Olympus  servers there for a while and Olympus was always competing with Asylum and I'd say always was a very close 2nd. Then somewhere we got Jesse and actually had an active dev team and people started to realize that Asylums servers were dog shit and you'd lose connaction every 40 minutes and their dev team was fucking the dog and we basically got a lot of asylum players coming over and added a 3rd altis server and now its not much of a competition between here and Asylum. And even though poseidon was good having an active server owner with mcdili also helps a butt ton. 

1 hour ago, Sonny Asif said:

Or the fact that it is a dying game which has been out for 4 years and in about 1 year this game will be a wasteland and a server high end server will be worth about £2

It’s a possibility, but it isn’t dying yet. Olympus has around 300 players every day, active donators, and over 20K unique users on the forums.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, obeymatt said:

Well Mcdili wasn’t the original owner it was Poseidon,Mcdili just recently took over ownership 

Dont forget our blessed lord and savior Zeus, @Poseidon and him are the founders.

1 hour ago, HunterBklyn said:

It’s a possibility, but it isn’t dying yet. Olympus has around 300 players every day, active donators, and over 20K unique users on the forums.

Thats why come fall its going to seem worse then ever before

• Owner

Poseidon was the founder of Olympus, and as time passed he became inactive. Dont quote me on this as I dont know all the details, but from what I was told he just didnt want to run the server anymore. Sold it to Dili, and took a nice long break. After a while, Asylum hit him up offering a job, and Poseidon took it. Now hes one of the main devs for them, competing with his own creation :P 

20 minutes ago, Hoonter said:

Thats why come fall its going to seem worse then ever before

Hard to say. There was an ~8% growth for Arma last 30 days... People are now getting tired of games like Pubg and looking for other stuff similar kinda.

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Poseidon was the founder of Olympus, and as time passed he became inactive. Dont quote me on this as I dont know all the details, but from what I was told he just didnt want to run the server anymore. Sold it to Dili, and took a nice long break. After a while, Asylum hit him up offering a job, and Poseidon took it. Now hes one of the main devs for them, competing with his own creation :P 

He also was wrapping up his schooling and moving and looking for an IRL job. Due to not finding an IRL job he decided to go do work for Asylum. Nothing like turning your back on your own community. He crawled to Asylum... Asylum didn't crawl to him.

f269d18828e36e83b2b0137ac00e34c1.png

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

Hard to say. There was an ~8% growth for Arma last 30 days... People are now getting tired of games like Pubg and looking for other stuff similar kinda.

This is correct. That how I’m here

19 minutes ago, Jesse said:

He also was wrapping up his schooling and moving and looking for an IRL job. Due to not finding an IRL job he decided to go do work for Asylum. Nothing like turning your back on your own community. He crawled to Asylum... Asylum didn't crawl to him.

f269d18828e36e83b2b0137ac00e34c1.png

So basically, our one true glorious leader is a traitor...