APD Handbook Update 9/13/18

This rule change will be effective immediately.

Post any questions/concerns below.

Chapter III - Use of Force

1. Lethal Force

1. Lethal force is authorized if it is 5 minutes or less until server restart and the highest rank feels that there is not sufficient time to resolve a situation. 

Chapter XII - Fines and Penalties

1. Jail

1. When sending players to jail, officers must inform the suspect that they are being sent to jail.

2. Patrol Officers and higher may send a player directly to jail if they are seen blatantly breaking server rules or quoting rules.

3. If a player has a combined total of 15 or more Manslaughter, LEO Manslaughter, Vehicular Manslaughter, and Gang Homicide charges they are considered a serial killer.

1. If a serial killer is found and restrained they may be sent directly to jail without a chance to pay any outstanding tickets.

4. When a player has an "Escaping Jail" charge they MUST be sent straight to jail.

5. If a player has the "Hostage Situation" charge they are considered a hostage taker.

1. Hostage Takers may be sent directly to jail without a chance to pay any outstanding tickets.

6. If a player has a "Kidnapping Gov't Official" charge, they may be sent to straight to jail without a chance to pay any outstanding tickets.

2. Adding Charges

1. Patrol Officers and higher are granted abilities to add charges to a suspect.

2. The crimes must be witnessed by an officer in order to be added to their bounty.

3. Common sense should be used when adding charges at appropriate times. Charges may be added prior to capture of a suspect, however it should be noted that you are liable for punishment should a civilian get charged inappropriately due to this.

1. Example - If someone has an illegal weapon they should only ever be charged once while in possession of that exact weapon. If you charge them before capture, you should not issue another charge after capture if it is assumed they have the same weapon.  

Chapter XIII - APD Equipment & Ground Vehicles

1. The Armed Jeep

1. Armed Jeep Patrol - Armed Jeep patrols are conducted by Corporals and higher. These patrols are utilized for a heavy APD response to large gang actions or high risk rebel activity. (Generally don't pull unless confirmed high activity/high risk/ or over 90+ civilians online). (Generally don't use for patrol against low risk interaction)

1. Minimum Crew - Driver + one Passenger - Corporal or higher must be online.

2. The Armed Jeep's weapons are only to be used on aerial or illegal ground vehicles that are operated by a suspect of a crime, or on vehicles in which a suspect is known to have boarded beyond a reasonable doubt, or in an exception listed below.

3. The Armed Jeep should be used against legal ground vehicles only when use of lethal force is already authorized.

Things to note: 

1. The Armed Jeep may now be used against regular ground vehicles when lethals are loaded. This should not be a frequently used item unless in cases of heavy rebel activity. (Basically be smart and don't use it against hatchback and SUVs and around people who aren't likely to put up much of a fight).
  2. Quoting rules was already a straight to jail offense. For clarity it was added to the handbook.
  3. Time to restart was used in the past as a valid reason to load lethals. Now it is in the handbook for clarification.

A revised ticket guide is in the making and will be implemented soon. It does include a few additional charges to be implemented next update. It also provides explanation for most cases in which the specific charges should be added.

• Like 11
  • Kreygasm 1
  • Downvote 3
5 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

A revised ticket guide is in the making and will be implemented soon. It does include a few additional charges to be implemented next update. It also provides explanation for most cases in which the specific charges should be added.

credits: @falcon @hawk @fusah @Mako 

• Like 2
  • Kreygasm 1
10 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

Patrol Officers and higher may send a player directly to jail if they are seen blatantly breaking server rules or quoting rules.

How about this, you teach your APD dudes how to roleplay beyond LIST and we wont quote rules.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Hmm 1
5 minutes ago, communistjosh said:

This is honestly such a good handbook update imo. I like the govt official thing and a few of the other parts clear up some things. But are armed Jeeps still be able to used on armed planes or...?

Yeah of course

1 hour ago, TheCmdrRex said:

Chapter III - Use of Force

1. Lethal Force

1. Lethal force is authorized if it is 5 minutes or less until server restart and the highest rank feels that there is not sufficient time to resolve a situation. 

Good shit

Same way if someone was breaking rules, "sir, youre being sent straight to jail for blatantly breaking server rules/quoting rules" that's more than enough, chances are they ain't gunna hear shit while they are mouthing off at you lol 

just remember don't start quoting the rules back to them...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ronin said:

yesss we can send kids rule quoting on us.  how would you tell them though, "you're rule quoting so we're sending you to jail now?" how would you RP this

Everything in red is new everything in normal font and in black is old... so that's always been a thing...

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Nicoleee said:

Everything in red is new everything in normal font and in black is old... so that's always been a thing...

7 hours ago, TheCmdrRex said:

Patrol Officers and higher may send a player directly to jail if they are seen blatantly breaking server rules or quoting rules.

But... its in red...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, TheCmdrRex said:

Lethal force is authorized if it is 5 minutes or less until server restart and the highest rank feels that there is not sufficient time to resolve a situation. 

So does that mean if the highest rank is a PO, BOOOM SDARs :Kappa:?

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Ronin said:

yesss we can send kids rule quoting on us.  how would you tell them though, "you're rule quoting so we're sending you to jail now?" how would you RP this

Yeah I have to agree. Can a senior clarify the way you should tell someone this. Like after you read all the charges would it be something like “since you have been (rule quoting/broke a server rule) I will be sending you straight to jail with no chance to pay your ticket” or something else. I’ve just never done it because I’ve never really known how I should do it 

7 minutes ago, communistjosh said:

Yeah I have to agree. Can a senior clarify the way you should tell someone this. Like after you read all the charges would it be something like “since you have been (rule quoting/broke a server rule) I will be sending you straight to jail with no chance to pay your ticket” or something else. I’ve just never done it because I’ve never really known how I should do it 

It’s not complicated, “you say since you have been breaking server rules and or quoting server rules you will forfeit your right to a ticket and will be sent straight to jail”.

side note - if they ask what rule did I quote just reply with “if you have any question or concerns visit the gov website and or teamspeak, but at this time I’ll be sending you straight to jail”.

Edited by LiL J
16 minutes ago, communistjosh said:

Process them like normal and then once you are about to ticket tell them they are being sent straight to jail for blatantly breaking server rules. 

Remember only P.O.s can do this, also you need to be 100% they broke rules. Also I recommend that you have video saved, as sometimes from the “rule breaker” POV/video won’t be incriminating to them and would instead incriminate you. 

1 minute ago, RambleR said:

Couldn't POs send to jail for rule quoting prior to this update? Its been awhile :(

Yes but seniors probably got tired of answering the question so they put it in the handbook