[POLL] How to implement Quilins/Prowlers?

How to implement Quilins/Prowlers?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with my idea?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Other/I would modify.

I am not sure which vehicle I would prefer, it depends on how the community feels, but...

I feel as if either of these vehicles could be added under guidelines to make them fair and usable without causing a cartel to end up with a blockade of 100+ Quilins/Prowlers.

A potential idea is to add a quilin/prowler (depends on which the community thinks is fairer) to the warpoint shop(that is incoming) but add a restricting limit of only 1 to each players garage. (Make it unclaimable at chop shop, if a player already has one in his/her garage)

(this will add quilins/prowlers back to cartel fights without causing 100 to be spawned on cap)

(make them cheap to chop and sell so people don’t have incentive to sell other players warpoints)

potential alternative: the only way to have more than one prowler/quilin to a players garage is to make it claimable from blackwater.

as for cops, I think cops corporal+ should have access, which would be easy to implement, as the skins are already made.

1. adding qilins and prowlers to Blackwater vehicle pool will suck, it will have a higher chance to get that and everyone would prefer to get a armed vehicle over them, hence why the hunter,strider,ifrit, and 50 cal. were removed since you could already buy them (thanks @ThatNerdyGuy)

2. One of the reasons qilins/prowlers were requested to be removed were because of how OP they actually are, it isnt the easiest to shoot someone out of a qilin/prowler and their armor protection is really high it was practically a cheaper Ifrit with a little less protection.

3. With Qilins/Prowlers being removed that caused Ifrits,Hunters, and Striders to be pulled a LOT more. There aren't many armored vehicles so it was either those or hatchbacks.

4. Removing Qilins/Prowlers brought back some old strats to cartels such as pushing with box trucks. Having a limit on how many qilins/prowlers you could have was never the issue, when they were around there were very few vehicles on cap cause all people had to do is load 2 people per qilin or less and they had great protection+you could shoot out of it.

5. When qilins/prowlers were still around the APD had a MASSIVE advantage from what they have now. If people try and do dome strat, they block both entrances with cars imagine having qilins blocking them instead because the qilins were about the only ground vehicle the APD used and occasionally hatchbacks.

I thought it was a retarded idea to remove the qilins/prowlers when it first happened, but now i realize that its a lot better without them. You can actually shoot someone out of their vehicle no problem, fighting cartels people would only push with them instead of loading up ifrits, etc. Removing qilins actually opened up a lot more opportunities for other vehicles and a whole new meta to fighting cartels, etc. People used to put qilins that are bulletproof and you can't shoot thru in certain areas to protect them. I personally have a decent amount of warpoints and a lot of people do as well so I wouldn't really care if a qilin/prowler got chopped I would just spend more warpoints on another one. If anything qilins ruined Cartels when they existed (IMO). That is my 2 sense on it

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Wesly ツ said:

I am not sure which vehicle I would prefer, it depends on how the community feels, but...

I feel as if either of these vehicles could be added under guidelines to make them fair and usable without causing a cartel to end up with a blockade of 100+ Quilins/Prowlers.

A potential idea is to add a quilin/prowler (depends on which the community thinks is fairer) to the warpoint shop(that is incoming) but add a restricting limit of only 1 to each players garage. (Make it unclaimable at chop shop, if a player already has one in his/her garage)

(this will add quilins/prowlers back to cartel fights without causing 100 to be spawned on cap)

(make them cheap to chop and sell so people don’t have incentive to sell other players warpoints)

potential alternative: the only way to have more than one prowler/quilin to a players garage is to make it claimable from blackwater.

as for cops, I think cops corporal+ should have access, which would be easy to implement, as the skins are already made.

Restricting quillins to 1 each and making them unclaimable is just stupid. I think prowler lites are the way to go since they're not as armored but offer the maneuverability and sturdiness of quillins but are unarmored.

On the APD side it shouldn't be a corp + vehicle, corporals already have 3 aircraft and 6 ground vehicles to choose from, the quillin/prowler is the ground equivalent of the hummingbird since it can be shot out of while being fast and maneuverable. Corps mostly do air patrols and they don't need a good offroad vehicle, they would be good for PO though.

• Downvote 2
4 minutes ago, Millennium said:

1. adding qilins and prowlers to Blackwater vehicle pool will suck, it will have a higher chance to get that and everyone would prefer to get a armed vehicle over them, hence why the hunter,strider,ifrit, and 50 cal. were removed since you could already buy them (thanks @ThatNerdyGuy)

2. One of the reasons qilins/prowlers were requested to be removed were because of how OP they actually are, it isnt the easiest to shoot someone out of a qilin/prowler and their armor protection is really high it was practically a cheaper Ifrit with a little less protection.

3. With Qilins/Prowlers being removed that caused Ifrits,Hunters, and Striders to be pulled a LOT more. There aren't many armored vehicles so it was either those or hatchbacks.

4. Removing Qilins/Prowlers brought back some old strats to cartels such as pushing with box trucks. Having a limit on how many qilins/prowlers you could have was never the issue, when they were around there were very few vehicles on cap cause all people had to do is load 2 people per qilin or less and they had great protection+you could shoot out of it.

5. When qilins/prowlers were still around the APD had a MASSIVE advantage from what they have now. If people try and do dome strat, they block both entrances with cars imagine having qilins blocking them instead because the qilins were about the only ground vehicle the APD used and occasionally hatchbacks.

I thought it was a retarded idea to remove the qilins/prowlers when it first happened, but now i realize that its a lot better without them. You can actually shoot someone out of their vehicle no problem, fighting cartels people would only push with them instead of loading up ifrits, etc. Removing qilins actually opened up a lot more opportunities for other vehicles and a whole new meta to fighting cartels, etc. People used to put qilins that are bulletproof and you can't shoot thru in certain areas to protect them. I personally have a decent amount of warpoints and a lot of people do as well so I wouldn't really care if a qilin/prowler got chopped I would just spend more warpoints on another one. If anything qilins ruined Cartels when they existed (IMO). That is my 2 sense on it

+1, this is worth removing my post

@Drama

close this puppy

3 minutes ago, sploding said:

Restricting quillins to 1 each and making them unclaimable is just stupid. I think prowler lites are the way to go since they're not as armored but offer the maneuverability and sturdiness of quillins but are unarmored.

On the APD side it shouldn't be a corp + vehicle, corporals already have 3 aircraft and 6 ground vehicles to choose from, the quillin/prowler is the ground equivalent of the hummingbird since it can be shot out of while being fast and maneuverable. Corps mostly do air patrols and they don't need a good offroad vehicle, they would be good for PO though.

In the idea, they would be claimable, but I see where you’re coming from.

Personally, I’ve always been on the fence of these vehicles, but more towards not having the vehicles, but the idea of keeeping them but limited just felt right. I’m glad to have people disagreeing though.

If the did come back, I would prefer the ones without the doors, so it’s not a bulletproof wall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Millennium said:

One of the reasons qilins/prowlers were requested to be removed were because of how OP they actually are, it isnt the easiest to shoot someone out of a qilin/prowler and their armor protection is really high it was practically a cheaper Ifrit with a little less protection.

lol

• Like 2

or just dont bring them back and give cartel life a chance

1 minute ago, bdj said:

how to implement them isnt the problem, its the vehicle itself

this^

Edited by Evann

Staff yoinked them cause of reasons (Server performance and as sacrifice for whatever Black Magic/Satanic Rituals @Fusah performs) And/or some shit about them being tanky or something, I do not remember, it was a while back and im High AF.

Either way, doubt theyll make a return.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

They got removed because of trolls and the servers couldn't handle the stack.
We use tonao buildings now so.... idk, did the server get an upgrade?
We would blow them up after 10 or more, problem solved.
If you cant shoot someone out of a quilin you have no business being at cartels anyway.
make it to where you can have 5 not just one. i like the clam idea.
Also just raise the price of them, at rebel.
People were abusing the fact that you had no recoil when aiming through the quilin, you could bipod on it and you could hit a bush without losing health like the ifrit.
It came down to the people who aren't even active anymore saying they would leave... well they got unbaned from asylum and left.... sooooo..... ya.
I talk to alot of players even though i dont play as often and the feedback is funny most the times... like youll never believe what they did now buahaha.
Over all it was to better the server... did it have thee effect they wanted.... i dont think so because big gangs could buy 100 ifrits and stack just like quilns if they wanted... the difference ... the new guy can't.

Maybe make them pull-able from a gang shed only or something and limit the amount each gang could pull.

6 hours ago, Millennium said:

Im just saying its not hard to shoot someone out of a quilin and second off no one even really fights cartels anymore on this server i get on all the time and no one wants to fight only gang that does is Plague or astro

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Vac. said:

Im just saying its not hard to shoot someone out of a quilin and second off no one even really fights cartels anymore on this server i get on all the time and no one wants to fight only gang that does is Plague or astro

yeah it sucks ass. i love fighting cartels but plague has yellow teeth so it is really hard to win against them because they smell so bad. sike. theyre shit! @Zurph
anyways i wish these gangs that had like 6+ people would go on cap. @IGD @Cousin @Memeshack @X @someothers that i forget. but idk man i feel like it is just the players either don't want to lose their kits or they just want to sit in kavala all day, or they literally just dont know what cartels are.. the staff r trying tho hopefully something happends.

Edited by Evann
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
17 hours ago, Evann said:

yeah it sucks ass. i love fighting cartels but plague has yellow teeth so it is really hard to win against them because they smell so bad. sike. theyre shit! @Zurph
anyways i wish these gangs that had like 6+ people would go on cap. @IGD @Cousin @Memeshack @X @someothers that i forget. but idk man i feel like it is just the players either don't want to lose their kits or they just want to sit in kavala all day, or they literally just dont know what cartels are.. the staff r trying tho hopefully something happends.

we were fighting last night so they log more people on than us and get 2 prime players to fight with them too .-. they won cap then pushed us when we were gearing and just ended up killing them but they had to chase us around when we were trying to gear at rebel oof. I mean they pushed us at kav rebel next then we started killing them and they pussied out because they didnt want to lose any ifrits they pulled. soo oof

17 hours ago, Evann said:

there are also the few gangs that log like 10 people on all the time but they never fight caps or set foot in warzone

1 minute ago, Vac. said:

we were fighting last night so they log more people on than us and get 2 prime players to fight with them too .-. they won cap then pushed us when we were gearing and just ended up killing them but they had to chase us around when we were trying to gear at rebel oof. I mean they pushed us at kav rebel next then we started killing them and they pussied out because they didnt want to lose any ifrits they pulled. soo oof

there are also the few gangs that log like 10 people on all the time but they never fight caps or set foot in warzone

yeah teh gangs i mentioned