Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Civilian Grey Area Thread

1 hour ago, Evann said:

What if I mute everyone in game, then someone shoots me and I get them banned for rdm:Kappa:

@indian

Then if we find out you’ll get hit with a nice 14 day from yours truly

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, EvanFowler said:

if i shoot at somebody in kav by acsident but none of them hit them and he returns fire is that engangment?

No, he is free to shoot back at you and all you can do is run away and try to reinitiate.  If you shoot back at him and kill him that’d be RDM.

key take away is don’t randomly shoot at people and this issue is avoided.

59 minutes ago, fadi said:

If i park my vehicle and get out, then someone that has been trolling me shoots out the engine and all the wheels, ami allowed to kill him?

If you are in the car, ie. life may be threatened, then blast away. If it is just a $500 repair kit you need that doesn’t warrant murder.  Or do the sensible thing and text him hands up or die when he stops paying attention. Also this probably occurred in Kavala...avoid Kavala if you can’t handle trollz.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, braddzzzz said:

if i see some one and they initiate on my gang member at the other side of the map and then kill me, is this rdm?

Not staff but as far as I'm aware. Engagement lasts for 1.5 km or so. With that being said. Engaging someone across the map and then killing you would be rdm.

• 1 month later...
On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:01 PM, MAV said:

yes - its not an intended mechanic and gave you a tactical advantage

Hold up so this whole time i have thought this was within the rules because I have reported a cop for it before like a year ago and they didn't get banned because it was roleplay that they jumped through the window tho??? did the rule change or something? I literally remember being pissed about it because it was when only corps could raid houses and i locked myself in one of the cheapo 450k houses to not get arrested and he jumped through so i reported him and nothing happened to him.

1 hour ago, yoto said:

Hold up so this whole time i have thought this was within the rules because I have reported a cop for it before like a year ago and they didn't get banned because it was roleplay that they jumped through the window tho??? did the rule change or something? I literally remember being pissed about it because it was when only corps could raid houses and i locked myself in one of the cheapo 450k houses to not get arrested and he jumped through so i reported him and nothing happened to him.

I said that before staff at the time changed their view on whether jumping through windows is exploiting... back in the day it would get you banned, then staff relaxed their opinion on whether its exploiting or not under mcdili (as long as its roleplayed out) since people would sit in their kav house to avoid being arrested or for the free lethal... since then PO's were given the right to raid houses and bolt cutters if the owner was offline, medics were also given fireaxes to break down doors... so i believe (though for awhile it was allowed) jumping through windows again is not allowed as it is not an intended in-game mechanic and there are ways to capture people locked in their homes. (now that doesn't mean EXTREME RP won't get you away with jumping through a windows now, but i wouldn't count on it as a saving grace)

If my gang and I are fighting another gang and we kill one of their members and they get rezzed can we kill them again without saying anything as long as we're still engaged with the other members of their gang? just wanna be 100% cause I've been threatened with reports for doing this a few times.

38 minutes ago, yoto said:

If my gang and I are fighting another gang and we kill one of their members and they get rezzed can we kill them again without saying anything as long as we're still engaged with the other members of their gang? just wanna be 100% cause I've been threatened with reports for doing this a few times.

I’m pretty sure that after they get revived you have to either re-engage or wait for one of his gang members to start shooting at you to engage him back into the fight

2 hours ago, Mike Lit said:

I’m pretty sure that after they get revived you have to either re-engage or wait for one of his gang members to start shooting at you to engage him back into the fight

I need more than a "I'm pretty sure"

So uh. Pretty big grey area here. Guess it’d involve more of an APD handbook change but I’m not sure. As it stands you can have hostage situations at active bank robberies. Given that APD cannot respond to hostage situations witch guns, technically they couldn’t be able to respond to the bank without showing up to a hostage situation with guns, thus failing the hostage situation. As it stands, if you have a hostage at a bank it should be a free bank.

3 hours ago, Toasty said:

So uh. Pretty big grey area here. Guess it’d involve more of an APD handbook change but I’m not sure. As it stands you can have hostage situations at active bank robberies. Given that APD cannot respond to hostage situations witch guns, technically they couldn’t be able to respond to the bank without showing up to a hostage situation with guns, thus failing the hostage situation. As it stands, if you have a hostage at a bank it should be a free bank.

Tried it they snuck in and defused it :(

• Senior Map Designer
4 hours ago, Toasty said:

I believe participating in an active bank would be considered a hostile action therefore the Hostage situation would be failed as any hostile action in a hostage situation deems them failed.

4 minutes ago, Zeuse said:

I believe participating in an active bank would be considered a hostile action therefore the Hostage situation would be failed as any hostile action in a hostage situation deems them failed.

G R E Y Z O N E

1 hour ago, Zeuse said:

Definitely not this simple, hostile action would have to be taken towards the APD, from your knowledge the bank is being done by a party/parties unknown and as far as I'm aware a bank being active isn't a hostile action towards APD.

fat grey area