Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

4 hours ago, Homicide said:

Damm ya is something else all beacuse someone used a believable means of RP to stop house from being raided this is bullshit in no shape or form is it exploiting ir against the games mechanics People was just butt hurt cuz they couldnt raid it it hardly happens and it was never a real problem in the past but one Admin gets salty about it and boom rule change SHM

matter fact @McDili if im not mistaken ur the one that said RP can be taken and go anywhere right so ur sorta contradicting ur self their buddy Just Saying Shouldnt be against the rules to blow up a house so it wouldnt be raided in the Arma world its  realistic and fair why do u have satchel charges for 

If you blew up your house in the real world, then all of its contents would be gone.  If you died in the real world, then you couldn’t be revived by some EMT on the side of the road.  If you were busted with drugs in the real world, you wouldn’t go to jail for an hour or 2. If you ran around with a titan launcher on ur back in the real world, the police wouldn’t just ignore you.

@Homicide, this isn’t the real world.  This is Olympus, and it’s @McDili‘s world.

I am not a member of the APD, so I could care less if they get to successfully raid your house. But it’s great to see the slow elimination of scats and shittage play.

I wouldn't mind destroying your house if all of the contents were also removed including physical, virtual, and personal storage (IE no revive or revive with nothing).

If you are being chased by the police can you still try to dump everything illegal in your inventory to destroy the evidence before you are caught super troopers style? ...CANDY BARS....

Just now, DashToxic said:

If you kill scats then where the vigis go next to get people

Maybe they will have no where to go and become extinct.  This would “remove” vigis and everyone would be doubley happy.

• Head Admin
6 hours ago, Homicide said:

Damm ya is something else all beacuse someone used a believable means of RP to stop house from being raided this is bullshit in no shape or form is it exploiting ir against the games mechanics People was just butt hurt cuz they couldnt raid it it hardly happens and it was never a real problem in the past but one Admin gets salty about it and boom rule change SHM

matter fact @McDili if im not mistaken ur the one that said RP can be taken and go anywhere right so ur sorta contradicting ur self their buddy Just Saying Shouldnt be against the rules to blow up a house so it wouldnt be raided in the Arma world its  realistic and fair why do u have satchel charges for 

Houses are pretty much untouchable outside of player stupidity.   The only 2 real scenarios they can be raided is if a cop see you utilize it and you are wanted and their is a senior on or if you accidentally leave the inventory unlocked.  They can't be broken into by civs any other way so they are an extremely powerful tool for civs while also being extremely reliable.  

This was added because it has come up in the past and people have been banned for it in the past even though it isn't explicitly stated.  If you are in your house shooting cops and they get close to raiding it and you blow it up, the civ loses nothing.  The house is destroyed but everything is restored on restart.  By your logic above blowing up your house to avoid it being searched is fine, if we where to take that seriously you would also permanently lose the house and everything inside it.  This scenario was incidentally also brought up ;D

So I ask you would you rather RP blow your house up and permanently lose it and everything inside it or is this rule which will likely only come up once in a blue moon a somewhat better alternative?

1 hour ago, Reznoriam said:

I wouldn't mind destroying your house if all of the contents were also removed including physical, virtual, and personal storage (IE no revive or revive with nothing).

No

If this is implemented I might just make someone loose all the shit from his house cuz he killed me in kav. This mechanic would apply for anyone blowing someone’s house. Stupid idea in my opinion.

17 minutes ago, Grandma Gary said:

Houses are pretty much untouchable outside of player stupidity.   The only 2 real scenarios they can be raided is if a cop see you utilize it and you are wanted and their is a senior on or if you accidentally leave the inventory unlocked.  They can't be broken into by civs any other way so they are an extremely powerful tool for civs while also being extremely reliable.  

This was added because it has come up in the past and people have been banned for it in the past even though it isn't explicitly stated.  If you are in your house shooting cops and they get close to raiding it and you blow it up, the civ loses nothing.  The house is destroyed but everything is restored on restart.  By your logic above blowing up your house to avoid it being searched is fine, if we where to take that seriously you would also permanently lose the house and everything inside it.  This scenario was incidentally also brought up ;D

So I ask you would you rather RP blow your house up and permanently lose it and everything inside it or is this rule which will likely only come up once in a blue moon a somewhat better alternative?

ID rather lose it forever than let cops make money from it honestly but if ur looking at it in an RP way if the player is rich the server restart can  be like him paying to get it fixed or maybe a charge to rebuild it can be implemented but u wont retain the things inside it just seems more fair than banning people for realisticly using game mechanics that are already there to blow up ur house no one is exploting or CL in anyway we have satchel charges so it should be used in wat ever way it can in means of RP just my opinion olny reason this rule was made noe beacuse @Doc Got salty that Majestic blew up Cys house The rule was made like if it has been a major problem in the past when it hasent it hardly happens so this rule is p[retty bullshit in my opinion

12 minutes ago, Homicide said:

ID rather lose it forever than let cops make money from it honestly but if ur looking at it in an RP way if the player is rich the server restart can  be like him paying to get it fixed or maybe a charge to rebuild it can be implemented but u wont retain the things inside it just seems more fair than banning people for realisticly using game mechanics that are already there to blow up ur house no one is exploting or CL in anyway we have satchel charges so it should be used in wat ever way it can in means of RP just my opinion olny reason this rule was made noe beacuse @Doc Got salty that Majestic blew up Cys house The rule was made like if it has been a major problem in the past when it hasent it hardly happens so this rule is p[retty bullshit in my opinion

Plz no.

Just yell “If cops continue raiding my house I am going to blow it up! You got 5 seconds!!!” Done. You got RP and you dont get your shit raided.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Homicide said:

ID rather lose it forever than ns of RP just my opinion olny reason this rule was made noe beacuse @Doc Got salty that Majestic blew up Cys house

1. If we went that route where you would lose it forever, everybody would blow your shit up daily. 

2. @Doc with unlimited money.. got salty that he couldn’t search a house. Really? As @McDili said this has been happening for years. Since I joined this server. People have been banned for it. We just officially made it written is all. Literally nothing changed. 

• Like 2
  • Head Admin
3 hours ago, Homicide said:

The rule like every other rule is to promote the famous fun, fair and balanced state we are aiming for.  Take other rules for example, people used to drive vehicles into the water to prevent people from lockpicking and stealing/chopping.  Seems like your fine in RP stance would apply here but we disagreed and made a rule for it.  Same logic for killing people in restraints, combat logging, RDM, VDM etc

1 hour ago, a overweight giant retard said:

didnt know there was a month 30, p weird

You savages took a perfectly good language and slightly butchered it.  I can't help if your education system can't copy pasta our shit ;D

7 hours ago, Homicide said:

Slow down a bit, your mouth is getting ahead of your brain on something you know very little about. Firstly no one was salty, I had nothing to do with it until the video was given to me but as McDili said, this is something we have enforced for a long time and though it does rarely happen (most players are smart enough to know not to do it) several people have been banned for it in the past. It was never written as a rule because it fell under the use common sense/exploiting sections of the rule. Now it is in writing because someone forgot the stove was hot before they touched it.  

10 hours ago, Grandma Gary said:

The rule like every other rule is to promote the famous fun, fair and balanced state we are aiming for.  Take other rules for example, people used to drive vehicles into the water to prevent people from lockpicking and stealing/chopping.  Seems like your fine in RP stance would apply here but we disagreed and made a rule for it.  Same logic for killing people in restraints, combat logging, RDM, VDM etc

You savages took a perfectly good language and slightly butchered it.  I can't help if your education system can't copy pasta our shit ;D

We took a decent language, and made it efficient, just as we did with our factories that kept you alive during WW2

tldr: usa revived a dead meme (english language)

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Grandma Gary said:

The rule like every other rule is to promote the famous fun, fair and balanced state we are aiming for.  Take other rules for example, people used to drive vehicles into the water to prevent people from lockpicking and stealing/chopping.  

Olympus isn't fair at all lol it's almost impossible to get started on I played for about a month before I could even afford anything decent. I'm well off now but it's hard to get anything when you only have a rook and hatchback and you get robbed by people with mk14s and shit every run. Also with the driving the car into water thing, just make it where doing this destroys the car. Simple, people can still do it but there's consequences. You guys just pick and choose what realistic shit you want in the server. It's supposed to be an RP life server yet you don't allow a lot of shit you would do in real life. Even when people do break rules you hardly take action. How long did it take for those two mass rdmers to get banned from a few months back? Literally shooting everyone they saw every few days. Or the recent string of hacking that's been going on? I've lost probably over a mil in vehicles, gear, runs. Gang life is dying. And Olympus is killing it.

• Head Admin
2 hours ago, yoto said:

You guys just pick and choose what realistic shit you want in the server. It's supposed to be an RP life server yet you don't allow a lot of shit you would do in real life. Even when people do break rules you hardly take action. How long did it take for those two mass rdmers to get banned from a few months back? Literally shooting everyone they saw every few days. Or the recent string of hacking that's been going on? I've lost probably over a mil in vehicles, gear, runs. Gang life is dying. And Olympus is killing it.

I can't quite wrap me head around this.  Of course we pick and choose what rules we implement, if we had "if you can do it IRL then you can do it in game" there would be no point to a life server.

As to the we don't punish people for breaking rules the staff can't be on all servers watching all people at all times that is just an unrealistic standard you have set.  If you report someone breaking a rule they get punished.  If we see someone breaking a rule they get punished, it really is that simple.

As for the "hackers" if you have a solution feel free to share with the class cause it isn't as simple as enabling disable_hack.exe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Grandma Gary said:

As for the "hackers" if you have a solution feel free to share with the class cause it isn't as simple as enabling disable_hack.exe.

Wait, @Jesse, did you try this yet?

On 10/1/2018 at 6:42 AM, Homicide said:

Is your "." key broken and or missing?

24 minutes ago, Mustache said:

Eh. I think it’s nice RP to blow up shit so they can’t search it. People do that in real life. Problem is, you get the stuff back so it makes sense. I guess. 

#CopBuff? :P

This has been an unwritten rule for like 2 years.  Nothing new.