Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

o7 to RnR - windows keying not my forte

7 minutes ago, Genghis Khan said:

Honestly The people that are in charge of medic FROM MY EXPERIENCE  Are all fuck heads. Besides @draMa

I guess @Isaac Newton 2... Sometimes... 

Oops I forgot about @Kyle Lake But thats bc hes so cool I forgot he was a medic. B)

Some people aren’t meant for “internet power”. They let it get to em and turn being a senior in faction into a sort of job that they think they’re the boss of which is corny. I just wanted to give people tests and try to get things added/removed to make R&R better. I rarely “disciplined” people but even when I did it was just saying man stop being an idiot lol. I never got off on suspending or blacklisting people. Mercury does a good job and Suki is an OG and has always been a dick. I’m a protege of @Isaac Newton though, we just chill.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Mercury said:

f tl;dr funny video but not how it went down at all and if didn't know suki was a prick then you all must be really new to the community

So, memes aren't supposed to be 100% accurate, also if you want the full unbiased story here it is:

For those who want the back story, I was playing medic as the rank or Adv. paramedic. There were 2 other medics on at the time, an EMT and a Basic Paramedic. The Basic Paramedic responded to a call where the player was glitched. The basic paramedic asked for my assistance so i came by. After the civs soft logged, no one could see the dead player, angel soft logged and the player was glitch for him (when he looked at the ground, he saw player in air, when he looked in air, he saw player on the ground.) I was the literal only person available to revive the player with a full mk-1 rebel loadout. The basic paramedic said he would fly i told him "NO, you can only take controls if PIC dies or dc's, since this won't apply don't do it.." So i took my heli up, jumped out (assuming it would spool down and land safely) to revive the civ... here is the video:

I then made a post in the medic section as a meme, basically showing how not all medics are money hungry and how I was willing to lose over a 100k to make a civ very happy (basically the point of the faction...

My post was met by @CommanderSuki saying nothing other then quoting 4 rules... one about how medics arn't support to land in an area that will cause harm, death, damage to vehicles...second one was about how medics are supposed to safely operate aircraft, third about how medics arnt supposed to intentionally blow up medic vehicles, and 4th how medics are supposed to carry at least 2 epi pens in case a player is glitched...

I responded to Suki's post explaining why i did what i did (basically the first paragraph of this post) and how i didnt think the heli would blow up.. I also posted this meme with the caption "how imagine Suki when he opens the forums":
giphy.gif 

A few days pass and 2 Sr. RnR pull me in at around 2:15AM as im about to get off, to explain how suki wrote me up, then linked my literal video (posted above) and basically quoted the rules i broke... I laughed it off, and said something along the lines of "wow, suki actually wrote me up over being a good medic? then i told them I would do it again if i had to since my job is to save lives, even if its at my personal expense..." they responded with, well if you do, i wouldnt post it on the forums... i replied with "I will likely post it to the same thread"

When that interaction was over, I posted the response from the meme above, since i dont have access to that section and the screenshot is on my other computer, i will paraphrase what i said "Wow, cant believe i was written up for this, yall need to get un bored. If you cant see the unique rp opportunity in this then idk.. i will 10/10 do this again if i need to, write me up for it if you want"

Then i went to bed...

The next morning I woke up to a 'quote from suki'... i click on it and notice i no longer have access to the section....hmm i was removed from medic.... a few hours later i was blacklisted by mercury...

Tell me thats not accurate....

within 50 hours of service as a medic you will be entrusted with helicopters sure you can buy them on civ whenever you want and it takes even longer to get them on cop 

invalid argument, cops aren't given heli's as PO to maintain a fun, fair, and balanced olympus server, not because they arn't trusted

i directed suki to write up mav as a disciplinary measure and to show him where he went wrong and to correct him it was even a minor write up as we didnt take away his ability to fly and we could see that he did have good albiet misplaced intentions how else do you expect to develop promising members of the r&r 

Intentions were not misplaced, intention was to revive the man without breaking a server rules and saving the man from losing 300k loadout... (btw, was told that i should have denied for reason for "RnR bug" and they could've submitted a comp request. <-- this is what seems misguided)

f happens on apd that when you screw up you will be told you screwed up what you did wrong how to fix it and any discipline you might receive mav disagreed with the rule and thought it was stupid thats fine there are a lot of times i have looked at rules and said thats bullshit i dont agree i have challenged the rule through conversation and explaining to my peers in the community the issue and why and how it ought to be changed i have gotten rules changed i have been overruled and continued to follow rules i disagree with i have listened to those who bring real suggestions and i have implemented changes if it really was a better way 

True, but APD will take into account the situation, will take into account if my gameplay negatively impacted APD/Civ life and would also look at it on a case by case basis and not take the verbatim rule as law... @Sr. APD correct me if im wrong...

Fact is, i wasnt nor am I mad at the blacklist, i was actually only annoyed with the write up... kinda saw the blacklist coming with how sensitive Sr. RnR is with people... the simple fact that you wrote a literal book on this shows you feel you needed to justify your actions... also the initial reason for write up is what i had the biggest problem with, its based on a rule that was in place for a different time, times are very different....especially when i see Sr. RnR participating in the kavala space program, jumping over hospitals in SUV's, doing backflips and barrel roles into landings...amongst a number of other NON-RP examples of breaking this rule outdated rule... yall need to get in touch with your player base... this post wasn't intended to flame or anything, it was intended to make light of a shitty situation on something that was done to make an example... you can say 'it wasnt anything special' as many times as you want, but from my experience if you say 'its no big deal or it isnt anything special' more then once in a sentence, its something special...

TL;DR - change comes from within, get in touch with your player base and don't try to justify an action base on a verbatim rule from another time... 

• Like 14
5 minutes ago, MAV said:

especially when i see Sr. RnR participating in the kavala space program, jumping over hospitals in SUV's, doing backflips and barrel roles into landings.

Facts...I've seen so many videos like this yet they don't even get punished for doing that, yet you get written up for helping someone :lol:

• Like 6
  • Kappa 1
1 hour ago, Genghis Khan said:

Honestly The people that are in charge of medic FROM MY EXPERIENCE  Are all fuck heads. Besides @draMa

I guess @Isaac Newton 2... Sometimes... 

Oops I forgot about @Kyle Lake But thats bc hes so cool I forgot he was a medic. B)

I think Pinkstreak is a pretty cool medic :wacko:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm 1
  • Kappa 1

I will also say with 100% certainty that almost every single Sr. RnR person I've ever come across has been extremely chill and enjoyable to play with...only takes a hole or 2 to sink a ship though...

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, MAV said:

So, memes aren't supposed to be 100% accurate, also if you want the full unbiased story here it is:

For those who want the back story, I was playing medic as the rank or Adv. paramedic. There were 2 other medics on at the time, an EMT and a Basic Paramedic. The Basic Paramedic responded to a call where the player was glitched. The basic paramedic asked for my assistance so i came by. After the civs soft logged, no one could see the dead player, angel soft logged and the player was glitch for him (when he looked at the ground, he saw player in air, when he looked in air, he saw player on the ground.) I was the literal only person available to revive the player with a full mk-1 rebel loadout. The basic paramedic said he would fly i told him "NO, you can only take controls if PIC dies or dc's, since this won't apply don't do it.." So i took my heli up, jumped out (assuming it would spool down and land safely) to revive the civ... here is the video:

Why didn't you just have the basic paramedic get into the heli and jump out while you piloted? I don't think what you did should have warranted a write up either, just a talking to. But if that chopper had landed a little bit to the side it could've killed the dude you tried reviving (which would've been pretty funny tbh). Usually when I have flying bodies like that I take an EMT/Basic with me to do the jumping while I fly. 

Come on, who writes somebody up over this? Even if he said he would break the rules again and was curt about the way he said it, who cares?

Surely to be punished in the first place somebody needs to have lost something, other than some internet pride I mean.

Sounds like some shit Ace would pull @Mercury

• Like 4
1 hour ago, hawk said:

Facts...I've seen so many videos like this yet they don't even get punished for doing that, yet you get written up for helping someone :lol:

If you have seen the videos then why don't you send it to any Supervisors, Coordinators or Mercury? We are not exempt from the rules and we can be subjected to write ups.

@MAV it is unfortunate that you were blacklisted. I personally thought it was impressive that you managed to get him on what i'm assuming was your first try but this was entirely on how you handled it when we talked to you. I feel like if we would of talked to you for a bit longer this entire situation could of been avoided so im going to take the L on this.

@draMa said it best,

2 hours ago, draMa said:

I never got off on suspending or blacklisting people. Mercury does a good job and Suki is an OG and has always been a dick. I’m a protege of @Isaac Newton though, we just chill.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Dirty Scrubz said:

Why didn't you just have the basic paramedic get into the heli and jump out while you piloted? I don't think what you did should have warranted a write up either, just a talking to. But if that chopper had landed a little bit to the side it could've killed the dude you tried reviving (which would've been pretty funny tbh). Usually when I have flying bodies like that I take an EMT/Basic with me to do the jumping while I fly. 

Read the first sentence... the basic paramedic couldnt see the dead player even after soft logging... i was the only unglitched person.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MAV said:

I then made a post in the medic section as a meme, basically showing how not all medics are money hungry and how I was willing to lose over a 100k to make a civ very happy (basically the point of the faction...

My post was met by @CommanderSuki saying nothing other then quoting 4 rules... one about how medics arn't support to land in an area that will cause harm, death, damage to vehicles...second one was about how medics are supposed to safely operate aircraft, third about how medics arnt supposed to intentionally blow up medic vehicles, and 4th how medics are supposed to carry at least 2 epi pens in case a player is glitched...

I responded to Suki's post explaining why i did what i did (basically the first paragraph of this post) and how i didnt think the heli would blow up.. I also posted this meme with the caption "how imagine Suki when he opens the forums":
giphy.gif 

A few days pass and 2 Sr. RnR pull me in at around 2:15AM as im about to get off, to explain how suki wrote me up, then linked my literal video (posted above) and basically quoted the rules i broke... I laughed it off, and said something along the lines of "wow, suki actually wrote me up over being a good medic? then i told them I would do it again if i had to since my job is to save lives, even if its at my personal expense..." they responded with, well if you do, i wouldnt post it on the forums... i replied with "I will likely post it to the same thread"

When that interaction was over, I posted the response from the meme above, since i dont have access to that section and the screenshot is on my other computer, i will paraphrase what i said "Wow, cant believe i was written up for this, yall need to get un bored. If you cant see the unique rp opportunity in this then idk.. i will 10/10 do this again if i need to, write me up for it if you want"

Then i went to bed...

The next morning I woke up to a 'quote from suki'... i click on it and notice i no longer have access to the section....hmm i was removed from medic.... a few hours later i was blacklisted by mercury...

Tell me thats not accurate....

invalid argument, cops aren't given heli's as PO to maintain a fun, fair, and balanced olympus server, not because they arn't trusted

Intentions were not misplaced, intention was to revive the man without breaking a server rules and saving the man from losing 300k loadout... (btw, was told that i should have denied for reason for "RnR bug" and they could've submitted a comp request. <-- this is what seems misguided)

True, but APD will take into account the situation, will take into account if my gameplay negatively impacted APD/Civ life and would also look at it on a case by case basis and not take the verbatim rule as law... @Sr. APD correct me if im wrong...

Fact is, i wasnt nor am I mad at the blacklist, i was actually only annoyed with the write up... kinda saw the blacklist coming with how sensitive Sr. RnR is with people... the simple fact that you wrote a literal book on this shows you feel you needed to justify your actions... also the initial reason for write up is what i had the biggest problem with, its based on a rule that was in place for a different time, times are very different....especially when i see Sr. RnR participating in the kavala space program, jumping over hospitals in SUV's, doing backflips and barrel roles into landings...amongst a number of other NON-RP examples of breaking this rule outdated rule... yall need to get in touch with your player base... this post wasn't intended to flame or anything, it was intended to make light of a shitty situation on something that was done to make an example... you can say 'it wasnt anything special' as many times as you want, but from my experience if you say 'its no big deal or it isnt anything special' more then once in a sentence, its something special...

TL;DR - change comes from within, get in touch with your player base and don't try to justify an action base on a verbatim rule from another time... 

I think MAV should get to have the civs he saves vote on this. (but why would we want to go back)
He was acting only to try to help someone, and he gets blacklisted over it. ( how many hummingbirds did you have in your garage 1..5...10.. i dont see how the old rule applies anymore, it needs to be rewritten.
This shows any other medic to just stay in kavala and dont ever risk a thing for a civ, dont try to team play role play. He used his knowledge to go above and beyond to help this guy and he got punished for it.
i disagree with how this was handled.
I have many many MANY videos of high ranking medics crashing into eachother, me, other civs and blowing stuff up.
i was going to wait to do the medic videos last. i have terabits,  but now just might put off uploading the random apd videos to add to the ridiculousness of this. i think i will go through them and clip some times were equipment was disregarded by sr medics.
I get there are rules, but this is a light rp server that is having a very rough time with all the negativity and backlash with the changes. I see trolls that get away with using glitches to lure medics to take them hostage but a medic willing to loss a heli to save a civs and his loadout gets blacklisted.

It seems people are getting upset and then introuble for having emotions.
The time that gets put in means nothing? So then is the time worth even investing into a faction that would so easily turn on a good medic because of one disagreement.
WINDOWS KEY AND SHUT UP MAV buahahahah

you were always hustling to help people and did not do it for the money.
i guess you can be a civ and get all the other medics richer lol.

I like playing medic when i do. i take breaks, i left once due to things i didnt agree with and then came back to loose it to 'inactivity' when the hours got bumped up and i was unaware and not told. rl stuff happens

Its a game, to have fun, not court, not the army i see no harm in what he did to help the civ, however the attitude could have been better on all ends. i get that

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Prime said:

If you have seen the videos then why don't you send it to any Supervisors, Coordinators or Mercury? We are not exempt from the rules and we can be subjected to write ups.

@MAV it is unfortunate that you were blacklisted. I personally thought it was impressive that you managed to get him on what i'm assuming was your first try but this was entirely on how you handled it when we talked to you. I feel like if we would of talked to you for a bit longer this entire situation could of been avoided so im going to take the L on this.

@draMa said it best,

nah man, you guys were fine, the L is completely on me... I will always say it like it is... I find it very hard to believe Suki asked Mercury for permission to write me up... i challenged suki... he didn't like it... had a reason to write me up... so he did it... nothing more then flexing his e-dick.. i said it in my response to merc, the blacklist doesnt matter to me since i wouldnt want to be part of a faction that values pride or integrity... sure i broke a rule, but if i sucked the great suki dick, i wouldnt have been written up, which is bias and is why i disagree'd with how this went down.. 

Now I'm done replying to this thread, I think ive handled this in a fairly untoxic manner... just made a meme of a memeable situation...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, BlackMeme said:

Im guessing that appeal is a no go?

won't appeal, if they want to unblacklist me, thats up to them... but im not going to appeal...

The sad thing about this is that the civ that got rescued probably had the most appreciation for the R&R for going out of their way to do that at their own expense. Potentially the best experience he will ever have interacting with the R&R.

Idk man, some rules are definitely outdated and in this case not perfect. Medic risked his life and his equipment to save a life, to me it seems that's what should guide the faction. Life above all else. The rules currently seem quite focused on saving the equipment above all else particularly when it comes to helicopters, but sometimes to save a life it takes some risk. 

I know it's a video game and referencing real life is a recipe for disaster, but in real life the heroes that are firefighters and paramedics often are characterized by risking their life (And by extension their equipment) to save others. I believe it would go a long way to seriously consider that when evaluating the R&R handbook.

@SR&R please see this as constructive criticism. I'm not swinging my dick here and I think that some areas of the R&R handbook have taken that "Life above all else" standpoint and updated for the better, there has certainly been some positive changes to allow medics more independence to make risky decisions. The situation with Mav though is probably a situation where the rules might have missed the point, and trust me, I know they were created before most of the SR&R were even SR&R. Not placing blame. Just offering my unsolicited 2 cents.