Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

o7 to RnR - windows keying not my forte

For everyone that is in this thread looking for a good roast or something like that, well...I'm sorry to disappoint. Here is how it all went down.

Suki came to me about the video of Mav jumping out of his heli to revive a dude, we watched it, agreed that it was good intentions but poor execution, sometimes you can't revive everyone and you shouldn't be blowing up your shit to revive them. It broke a rule, but it was pretty minor.

***The origin behind the "dont be a retard with your equipment" rule was once upon a time in the days of Odin and Muthinator we were highly limited on the helicopters we could use and the roles who could use them (Air Responders and Coords were the only ones back in the day) In order to put concerns about medics being retarded to bed, we instituted flight tests and the "don't use your equipment like a retard rule" It still exists today as within 50 hours of service as a medic you will be entrusted with helicopters, sure you can buy them on civ whenever you want, and it takes even longer to get them on cop. Advanced Paramedics and above utilize helicopters in the majority of their work to get from A to B, revive people, and to even fly them away.***

I directed Suki to write up Mav as a disciplinary measure and to show him where he went wrong and to correct him. It was even a minor write-up as we didn't take away his ability to fly and we could see that he did have good, albiet misplaced, intentions. How else do you expect to develop promising members of the R&R? Happens on APD that when you screw up you will be told you screwed up, what you did wrong, how to fix it, and any discipline you might receive. Mav disagreed with the rule and thought it was stupid. That's fine, there are a lot of times I have looked at rules and said "That's bullshit, I don't agree" I have challenged the rule through conversation and explaining to my peers in the community the issue and why and how it ought to be changed. I have gotten rules changed, I have been overruled and continued to follow rules I disagree with, I have listened to those who bring real suggestions, and I have implemented changes if it really was a better way.

Mav did not attempt to challenge the rule, even to speak to me about it or engage in an actual conversation about it. Instead he told the R&R community that he was written up, that it wasn't fair, and that he would not follow that rule, nor listen those who speak on my authority. Suki never messaged me about that, nobody even told me, I just looked at the thread and got a senior to dewhitelist Mav, and McDili to remove his tags. I issued the blacklist alone. I will gladly accept any member coming to me to argue about a rule and how they disagree with it, but at the end of the day they will follow it. If they openly state that they will not follow the rule, or listen to my seniors, then they are not welcome in the ranks.

The rules are established by the seniors and the staff, I will support the rules and ensure that everyone from Coordinator to EMT abides by them. Our senior team has been chosen through votes or by my appointment, they are an extension of me, and I will always back my people.

Tl;dr Funny video, but not how it went down at all, and if didn't know Suki was a prick then you all must be really new to the community.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 4
31 minutes ago, Mercury said:

for everyone that is in this thread looking for a good roast or something like that well im sorry to disappoint here is how it all went down suki came to me about the video of mav jumping out of his heli to revive a dude we watched it agreed that it was good intentions but poor execution sometimes you cant revive everyone and you shouldnt be blowing up your shit to revive them it broke a rule but it was pretty minor he origin behind the dont be a retard with your equipment rule was once upon a time in the days of odin and muthinator we were highly limited on the helicopters we could use and the roles who could use them air responders and coords were the only ones back in the day in order to put concerns about medics being retarded to bed we instituted flight tests and the dont use your equipment like a retard rule it still exists today as within 50 hours of service as a medic you will be entrusted with helicopters sure you can buy them on civ whenever you want and it takes even longer to get them on cop advanced Paramedics and above utilize helicopters in the majority of their work to get from a to b revive people and to even fly them away i directed suki to write up mav as a disciplinary measure and to show him where he went wrong and to correct him it was even a minor write up as we didnt take away his ability to fly and we could see that he did have good albiet misplaced intentions how else do you expect to develop promising members of the r&r happens on apd that when you screw up you will be told you screwed up what you did wrong how to fix it and any discipline you might receive mav disagreed with the rule and thought it was stupid thats fine there are a lot of times i have looked at rules and said thats bullshit i dont agree i have challenged the rule through conversation and explaining to my peers in the community the issue and why and how it ought to be changed i have gotten rules changed i have been overruled and continued to follow rules i disagree with i have listened to those who bring real suggestions and i have implemented changes if it really was a better way mav did not attempt to challenge the rule even to speak to me about it or engage in an actual conversation about it instead he told the r&r community that he was written up that it wasnt fair and that he would not follow that rule nor listen those who speak on my authority suki never messaged me about that nobody even told me i just looked at the thread and got a senior to dewhitelist mav and mcdili to remove his tags i issued the blacklist alone i will gladly accept any member coming to me to argue about a rule and how they disagree with it but at the end of the day they will follow it if they openly state that they will not follow the rule or listen to my seniors then they are not welcome in the ranks the rules are established by the seniors and the staff i will support the rules and ensure that everyone from coordinator to emt abides by them our senior team has been chosen through votes or by my appointment they are an extension of me and I will always back my people tl;dr funny video but not how it went down at all and if didn't know suki was a prick then you all must be really new to the community

Sometimes people jut get frustrated, and need to vent. If he actually broke the rule again I can see a blacklist, but even that seems to extreme compared to a suspension. Honestly just seems like you guys blacklisted someone trying to help others for not getting on his knees and sucking off the SR. RNR

• Like 2