Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Community Outreach

So I asked staff to allow me to do more for the community and they accepted me on as a Community Outreach.

What does this role do?

I will be doing more in-game events like the cartel event and the other main events staff host. Along with doing gang wars right. I will also continue to run the Civilian Council as I have been. I will also, be hosting community live streams much like what @Peter Long did with the State of Olympus and keep everyone updated on a frequent time frame.

Why did I want the role?

I have wanted to host in-game events for quite some time now. I wanted to host last gang wars but Drama shoved me out and told me no. Because of the outcome of our last gang wars, I will do all in my power to see that never happens again. I have spent thousands of hours in this community and I do not want to see thing run into the ground or done poorly. So like the old saying is "If you want something done right, you gotta do it your self".

This role is not the staff or administration in any way. I have no power or access to bans.

If you guys have any questions post them down below or if you have anything you want me to host or do event wise just let me know!

• Like 12
  • Love 1
  • TriHard 7

I'm interested to see how this plays out.  I wish you the best but with the way community manager type roles have been in the past, I'm not counting on it.  Good luck and hopefully I am proven wrong.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, DeadPool said:

I have spent thousands of hours in this community and I do not want to see thing run into the ground or done poorly. So like the old saying is "If you want something done right, you gotta do it your self"

• Like 4
  • Admin

Good luck man. I know you have the community's best interest at heart. Looking forward to seeing the great things to come! 

• Like 1

I'm sorry I think this is a great idea but don't we have more pressing issues? Like the fact that my ears are blown out on a daily basis and I have to manually remove over 2 billion dollars out of my account? Like c'mon.

5 hours ago, Sir Klutch said:

I'm sorry I think this is a great idea but don't we have more pressing issues? Like the fact that my ears are blown out on a daily basis and I have to manually remove over 2 billion dollars out of my account? Like c'mon.

This shows a lot about your level of understanding on how Olympus functions.

Deadpool doesn't have a shred of power when it comes to hacking prevention. He literally cannot do anything. This is a public post about a position that he was granted. There is ZERO relation to the hacking issue and this. 

Even I have limited abilities in what is actually going to solve the problems. Sure I like any other admin can go account to account trying to set back the money. We could check logs for days on end, tracing the money and getting rid of assets. But in the end that will get us no where if it keeps happening. 

To give you more information - what should probably be done - a rollback, more hacker prevention, etc, is getting worked on and we should be having less issues soon. Fingers crossed we can expect a post to be made on whats happening within the next day or two. The people with the ability, knowledge, and power - the Senior Devs, are working on it. Belittling the staff isn't helping anything.

Going from post to post complaining about the hackers and lack of admin action is not doing any justice. You got your point out in the post you made. No need to spam the rest of the forums with it. Deadpool is with you. I am with you. Olympus is with you. We all want it to stop - but at the end of the day those without the ability to do much just need to keep carrying on. We can't have everyone shut down and quit contributing because the servers have been getting fucked the past few weeks.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TheCmdrRex said:

We can't have everyone shut down and quit contributing because the servers have been getting fucked the past few weeks.

You can expect that when none of the "higher people" who work on the server want to make a post publicly addressing it. Yes you said a post should be coming soon, but that's long overdue. That should have been made the minute the hackers began continuously doing this, yet it wasn't for some odd reason.

Like why is it that the only time I get information it seems like it comes from you. No one else makes a post explaining what they plan to do or etc.

Edited by Google
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Google said:

You can expect that when none of the "higher people" who work on the server want to make a post publicly addressing it. Yes you said a post should be coming soon, but that's long overdue. That should have been made the minute the hackers began continuously doing this, yet it wasn't for some odd reason.

Like why is it that the only time I get information it seems like it comes from you. No one else makes a post explaining what they plan to do or etc.

1 hour ago, Mighty said:

I like how much shit @DeadPool gets, yet he still puts all his effort into making everyone have a better time. Congrats!

We treat him like @Kyle Lake