Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Civ Ideas

So I been off the game for half a year so I’m not really sure what the server is like other than a shit ton less people on it. Obviously before I retired as staff I was one of the only active civilian staff members so that’s where I want to keep my focus at. So reply to this thread, or pm me if you’re scared to be flamed, on ideas you have to make civ more enjoyable in any way so I can bring the good ideas to the staff meeting. I know y’all got some shit to say that gets lost in status updates and shit so let’s hear em.

• Like 7

I say if you are at a legit income area (silver mine, iron mine, copper/diamond mine, processing sites for the prev. listed), and someone rolls up hot (at speed, and with a gun out), you should be able to shoot them w/o engaging.

The guy who is already there can shoot without engaging.  The guy(s) who pull up should still have to make their intent clear/RP/engage.

I mean, if I know they are there to try mug me/rob me/kill me, why should I have to tell them 'hands up or die' or wait for them to say it?   It will put a bit of fear in the guys coming to mines/processing sites full speed, guns blazing, and level the playing field a bit, IMO.

Not quite KOS, but not 'ask politely if they are friendly and then get shot in the back by the gang member outflanking you' either.   Basically, a new etiquette at legit mining/proc sites, that you have to park 20 m from the center of the site, and/or drive slowly towards it, if you don't want to get shot at by people already there.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 5
41 minutes ago, TheLowborn said:

I say if you are at a legit income area (silver mine, iron mine, copper/diamond mine, processing sites for the prev. listed), and someone rolls up hot (at speed, and with a gun out), you should be able to shoot them w/o engaging.

The guy who is already there can shoot without engaging.  The guy(s) who pull up should still have to make their intent clear/RP/engage.

I mean, if I know they are there to try mug me/rob me/kill me, why should I have to tell them 'hands up or die' or wait for them to say it?   It will put a bit of fear in the guys coming to mines/processing sites full speed, guns blazing, and level the playing field a bit, IMO.

Not quite KOS, but not 'ask politely if they are friendly and then get shot in the back by the gang member outflanking you' either.   Basically, a new etiquette at legit mining/proc sites, that you have to park 20 m from the center of the site, and/or drive slowly towards it, if you don't want to get shot at by people already there.

No thanks I’d rather not allow one way engagement for no good reason. If you see a car zooming towards you get in a good position and send them a text. 

Buff runs.

Sure it's easy to make money, but illegal runs carry a lot of risk to the point where it's not worth it. A Tempest Device run of LSD takes around 20-30 minutes depending on how you do it, and it yields upwards of $1 mil. This is considering you don't run into cops, vigilantes, robbers, or other problems along your way.  Legal runs are no better. Doing an iron run in a Tempest Device takes around 20-30 min also, for the low yield of around $600k. This is only two/three rebel loadouts. This is ridiculous compared to other servers. For example, on Reborn it takes around 20 minutes to do an LSD run in a HEMETT Box. This gives you $1.2-1.8 million depending on perks. That's 4-6 rebel loadouts worth of money in 20 minutes. I'm not saying that Olympus should buff the selling numbers to reach Reborn amounts, but it's something to go off of, I guess.

I don't see why this wouldn't be considered. Putting more money into the economy will most likely increase player population and fights. It's too boring and repetitive to new players and cartel fighters that a lot of people start losing interest and preferring servers that actually have balanced runs. Synergy has already started doing this. From talking with a few people, the intrest in Reborn mainly comes the easy ability to make money quick with a lot less risk. It's easy to hop on, do a quick 20 minute run with your gang, and then go fight for an hour or two with the money you made. On Olympus you're forces to grind constantly which isn't appealing at all.

• Like 7
  • Downvote 1

i know this is for civ ideas but im adding cop ideas as well because it needs to be nerfed

1. make it so cops have to announce that they're raiding warzone before going in, can add it the same way martial law is activated, just change the message and put a circle around warzone

2. warzone raids last a maximum of 15 or 30 minutes

3. if they complete a raid, and then get pc on someone in warzone again before the 15 min timer is up, they can only go back for a single wave. timer resets to another 15 mins

4. make it so all cops have lethals while raiding warzone (unless its a single wave following someone in and no sgt+ is on), since a sgt+ is almost always needed, they can activate it at hq same as po lethals

5. warzone ghosthawk waves require 2 previous waves

6. ghosthawks can not go guns hot on civilian ifrits/striders/hunters on warzone while they drive around unless shot at by the driver/passengers, stolen cop hunters/striders can be engaged on like normal

-If someone leaves warzone through bottleneck, is engaged and drives back into warzone, they're guns hot

7. reduce jail time to 30 - 45 mins maximum because nobody wants to sit in jail for long ass times, especially when the servers are already dying and nobodys fighting anywhere

8. add a 25k cost to respawn while on cop as deputy, 35k for po and so on for higher ranks to add a money sink for cops, as the only one currently is getting robbed and vehicles

9. move bank to salt flats

10. make bank a redzone

11. reduce fed timer by 5 mins OR reduce weight of gold bars to 5

• Like 12