Civ Ideas

19 minutes ago, Soulz said:

Don’t @ me but Free Cartel load outs

Something in the works

4 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

i know this is for civ ideas but im adding cop ideas as well because it needs to be nerfed

1. make it so cops have to announce that they're raiding warzone before going in, can add it the same way martial law is activated, just change the message and put a circle around warzone

2. warzone raids last a maximum of 15 or 30 minutes

3. if they complete a raid, and then get pc on someone in warzone again before the 15 min timer is up, they can only go back for a single wave. timer resets to another 15 mins

4. make it so all cops have lethals while raiding warzone (unless its a single wave following someone in and no sgt+ is on), since a sgt+ is almost always needed, they can activate it at hq same as po lethals

5. warzone ghosthawk waves require 2 previous waves

6. ghosthawks can not go guns hot on civilian ifrits/striders/hunters on warzone while they drive around unless shot at by the driver/passengers, stolen cop hunters/striders can be engaged on like normal

-If someone leaves warzone through bottleneck, is engaged and drives back into warzone, they're guns hot

7. reduce jail time to 30 - 45 mins maximum because nobody wants to sit in jail for long ass times, especially when the servers are already dying and nobodys fighting anywhere

8. add a 25k cost to respawn while on cop as deputy, 35k for po and so on for higher ranks to add a money sink for cops, as the only one currently is getting robbed and vehicles

9. move bank to salt flats

10. make bank a redzone

11. reduce fed timer by 5 mins OR reduce weight of gold bars to 5

I like most of these

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

i know this is for civ ideas but im adding cop ideas as well because it needs to be nerfed

1. make it so cops have to announce that they're raiding warzone before going in, can add it the same way martial law is activated, just change the message and put a circle around warzone

3. if they complete a raid, and then get pc on someone in warzone again before the 15 min timer is up, they can only go back for a single wave. timer resets to another 15 mins

4. make it so all cops have lethals while raiding warzone (unless its a single wave following someone in and no sgt+ is on), since a sgt+ is almost always needed, they can activate it at hq same as po lethals

6. ghosthawks can not go guns hot on civilian ifrits/striders/hunters on warzone while they drive around unless shot at by the driver/passengers, stolen cop hunters/striders can be engaged on like normal

-If someone leaves warzone through bottleneck, is engaged and drives back into warzone, they're guns hot

7. reduce jail time to 30 - 45 mins maximum because nobody wants to sit in jail for long ass times, especially when the servers are already dying and nobodys fighting anywhere

8. add a 25k cost to respawn while on cop as deputy, 35k for po and so on for higher ranks to add a money sink for cops, as the only one currently is getting robbed and vehicles

10. make bank a redzone

this guy is a genius

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

10. make bank a redzone

I really like all of these ideas but I think 25k is too much for a respawn on cop. I think deputy should be 5k and PO+ 10k. This is enough money that spam rushing every respawn would be discouraged but not too much money to discourage cops from trying to enter difficult scenarios from the start. If every time you die it costs you 25k most cops would just give up as soon as a situation looked bad. 10k should be enough to make the average cop not throw their life away needlessly but not too much that people would give up at the first sign of defeat. 

4 minutes ago, JollyGreen said:

I really like all of these ideas but I think 25k is too much for a respawn on cop. I think deputy should be 5k and PO+ 10k. This is enough money that spam rushing every respawn would be discouraged but not too much money to discourage cops from trying to enter difficult scenarios from the start. If every time you die it costs you 25k most cops would just give up as soon as a situation looked bad. 10k should be enough to make the average cop not throw their life away needlessly but not too much that people would give up at the first sign of defeat. 

25k would be better becuse cops need to become less of easy money 

Something where there’s a drastic reduction in money on the server + cops make less money. 

Cops should have enough to play cop and enough to be a cop. They shouldn’t have enough to be the main source of income for the entire server. That’s what ruins runs. 

Why do a run and lose money if I get caught when I could just become cop and catch others and make more money than I would for a run?

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, HUNTERS said:

25k would be better becuse cops need to become less of easy money 

25k? You do realize that even corporals and lower can die upwards of 10+ time at any given scenario? I do agree that cops make good money but punishing them for dying will legit make it so no one wants to even join the APD. 

30 minutes ago, Main said:

25k? You do realize that even corporals and lower can die upwards of 10+ time at any given scenario? I do agree that cops make good money but punishing them for dying will legit make it so no one wants to even join the APD. 

You just proved the point of that comment why they dying 10 times with no issues just to come back and die again and still get away with money. Why the civs have to deal with endless cops to lose an hour of there life and all they were fighting for. If Corps keep dying 10+ times at any scenario then why do they get to keep coming back without paying a price.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dank MeeMoo said:

No thanks I’d rather not allow one way engagement for no good reason. If you see a car zooming towards you get in a good position and send them a text. 

How long does sending a text take?  On my computer even after opening up the phone, the list of names doesn't even pop up for 2-3 seconds (esp. since the debacle last week).  By then you could be surrounded.

My point is, if people are coming in friendly, you know it, and when people are coming in hot, you know it too.  And they will RDM you in a heart beat.  Your only recourse is to be recording all the time.  And for my comp, again, I think about 5-10 minutes of a video comes out to a gigabyte.  If I was recording the entirety  of a 4 hr play session, we are looking at what, 24 gigabytes?  On a SSD that probably has 40-70 gb open space?  (SSDs have shorter life span if you fill up the whole HD btw)

2 hours ago, Nightingale said:

10. make bank a redzone

Here are my opinions to what you posted:

1. Not a horrible idea

2. This get's complicated, if a gang wants cops to keep coming and they are fighting them, then we should be able to keep coming back.

3. This would be better if the wording would be that the threat is neutralized or so in and so forth

4. I mean, not always do cops including higher ups want to lethal. Maybe someone has a huge bounty and we'd rather bring him in? You shouldn't be able to get 5 mill bounty by sitting on cap and not be able to be brought in because you only stay on cap. (I'm referencing a situation regarding cartel only players)

5. +1, unless a ghosthawk follows someone in, in the first place.

6. I mean, we still have to text. This just adds complication to a non necessary situation. Armored glass and tires are dumb strong to take out.

7. I thought it was reduced but if it wasn't, 30 minutes should be the very max.

8. I've had deputies not have enough money to buy their first loadout let alone pay for one all the time. At the end of the day, cops are required to respond to certain situations and forcing them to pay at them is dumb. Never in a million years would I +1 this. The only time is when raiding warzone which was already passed and implemented, just needs fixed. I would rather reduce the income of cops between 25% and 40%, depending on rank.

9. If not there anywhere else not near a city so FPS isn't as low.

10. +1, should be without cops following wave rule. Just makes it so we don't have people getting banned because they shot on sight.

11. Not sure about reducing the timer but what about removing the bolt cutting for one of the doors? Then you have about a 22 and a half minute timer until bomb blow.

• Like 3
  • Pepega 1

Been saying this FOREVER. Been saying this on Civ council too. As a career civ, I can see civ being much more enjoyable if:

A) Rebel gear was made cheaper. An average loadout will run me 250k, if we want more people to be playing for longer than just one push at cartels, making loadouts cheaper is one way.

B) More people would push in ifrits if they were cheaper.

C) Give Civs a notification 5 minutes before cops raid warzone. Much like civilians call terror on cities, cops should have to declare they are raiding warzone before it happens.

D) Make runs more worthwhile, as it stands, I havent done a run in AGES because cop is 0 Risk for 100% reward. You lose nothing on cop and never make any sacrifices when making money.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TheLowborn said:

How long does sending a text take?  On my computer even after opening up the phone, the list of names doesn't even pop up for 2-3 seconds (esp. since the debacle last week).  By then you could be surrounded.

My point is, if people are coming in friendly, you know it, and when people are coming in hot, you know it too.  And they will RDM you in a heart beat.  Your only recourse is to be recording all the time.  And for my comp, again, I think about 5-10 minutes of a video comes out to a gigabyte.  If I was recording the entirety  of a 4 hr play session, we are looking at what, 24 gigabytes?  On a SSD that probably has 40-70 gb open space?  (SSDs have shorter life span if you fill up the whole HD btw)

Some people might rdm you instantly but let’s be real the majority won’t, also you don’t have to record just hit a button to save the last ten minutes with either shadow play or playstv or some others. You say you can tell when someone driving in is friendly or not and that’s just not true sometimes their actions can’t give you a good idea but just “driving fast” isn’t a good enough reason to automatically assume they will1. Try to rdm you. And 2. Are even hostile in the first place. 

1 hour ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

Here are my opinions to what you posted:

1. Not a horrible idea

2. This get's complicated, if a gang wants cops to keep coming and they are fighting them, then we should be able to keep coming back.

3. This would be better if the wording would be that the threat is neutralized or so in and so forth

4. I mean, not always do cops including higher ups want to lethal. Maybe someone has a huge bounty and we'd rather bring him in? You shouldn't be able to get 5 mill bounty by sitting on cap and not be able to be brought in because you only stay on cap. (I'm referencing a situation regarding cartel only players)

5. +1, unless a ghosthawk follows someone in, in the first place.

6. I mean, we still have to text. This just adds complication to a non necessary situation. Armored glass and tires are dumb strong to take out.

7. I thought it was reduced but if it wasn't, 30 minutes should be the very max.

8. I've had deputies not have enough money to buy their first loadout let alone pay for one all the time. At the end of the day, cops are required to respond to certain situations and forcing them to pay at them is dumb. Never in a million years would I +1 this. The only time is when raiding warzone which was already passed and implemented, just needs fixed. I would rather reduce the income of cops between 25% and 40%, depending on rank.

9. If not there anywhere else not near a city so FPS isn't as low.

10. +1, should be without cops following wave rule. Just makes it so we don't have people getting banned because they shot on sight.

11. Not sure about reducing the timer but what about removing the bolt cutting for one of the doors? Then you have about a 22 and a half minute timer until bomb blow.

2. if they dispatch that they willingly want to fight you then sure, go back

4. its not about the cops that want to lethal or not, its the cartel fighters that dont want to deal with being tased and processed for 30 minutes after a raid, making them play less, thus reducing server population. why ruin fights on the server just for some money?  you still get payouts for lethals and its not bad at all, + it takes way less time for everyone involved, increasing the amounts of fights.

6. the second anyone sees any armored vehicle on cap, its engaged. i've done it, you've done it, everyone has. it's stupid that cops can go hot on ifrits and shit on cap especially because its the only way to really push without qillins (i know they're being added but for the time being). also everyone knows that if you get out of your ifrit and there's roaches on, you're most likely getting tapped as soon as you're out, you stay in and you get piped. its stupid when someones pushing in an ifrit, they get engaged and they become useless because they HAVE to get out or get shot and once they get out they get roached. also shooting kids out ifrits, pitting, or even spiking them isnt hard at all.

8. -one of the main things about playing cop or medic is having enough money to be able to fund your shit there, i've heard it multiple times but cant find where it is exactly. anyways, reducing the income of cops isnt going to do shit. they're still going to be making a fuck ton of money and losing N O N E. the cops NEED a money sink besides being robbed and a few vehicles. if you dont want deputies to pay for their loadouts everytime, then dont. but POs + NEED some way to lose money. I have never lost more than a few 100k on cop, and ive made 30mil alone in a week and a half. thats stupid. you just replied to this earlier:

Boomer xD : "Nerf cop income, it's broken. "

Nerdy: "+1 I've said this ever since it was passed in a civ council roundtable, it needs to happen."

and it's wrong. the cops don't need their income nerfed. they need somewhere to spend their income, because once again, currently there's nothing for them to spend it on and THAT single handedly is what ruined the economy. cops paying for loadouts, even if its 25k for a PO loadout, will make people play smarter, which will generally result in the cops winning fights either way if they play like they have brains and not holding w full sprinting at someone shooting at them looking to get a trade kill.

11. the bolt cut to the actual pill hut door shouldnt even be a thing. it makes no sense, the pillhut should be where you plant the charge so yes, remove the bolt cutting for that.

Edited by Nightingale
k
  • Like 3
7 hours ago, Dank MeeMoo said:

Some people might rdm you instantly but let’s be real the majority won’t, also you don’t have to record just hit a button to save the last ten minutes with either shadow play or playstv or some others. You say you can tell when someone driving in is friendly or not and that’s just not true sometimes their actions can’t give you a good idea but just “driving fast” isn’t a good enough reason to automatically assume they will1. Try to rdm you. And 2. Are even hostile in the first place. 

I have been playing A LOT of civ in the last month.  Probably as much as any one (for better and for worse).  And I am telling you, I know based on how someone drives up to rock quarry, silver mine, diamond mine, processing, if they are there to process, or there to raid/rob/RDM.  Someone who is there to mine/process will actually be careful.

Someone who is part of a pair, or gang, will want every second of advantage they can get, and will drive up at top speed (most of the time, sometimes they will approach quietly on foot, but usually that is in red zones, not at civ sites).

I am just saying, if u don't want to get shot at a civ mining/processing site, u should HAVE to drive up at normal speed, park 20m from the center, and say "I am friendly".  If u r confident that there is no one there, or that you can outgun them, then of course you don't have to do any of that.

But it shouldn't be an RDM if the guy who is already there shoots you, before you have even started mining/processing.  They aren't trying to steal anything from you.  They are just trying to make sure you don't steal from THEM.

10 hours ago, Main said:

If the price of dying is 25k then dying 10 times would be 250k. If i rebel dies once and cant get revived thats about 250k aswell. seems fair to me.

• Like 3

I had another idea.  Would it be possible to tie processing times to how many people are online?   If there are 85-110 ppl on, seems to me processing times should be sped up about 25%, and if it is below 40 it should be slowed down 25%.

Just to give  a bonus/incentive to people willing to risk it, when the servers are busy.