So if simply touching a door is grounds to raid a house....

Yeah, I'm actually going to disagree with you on this one. If you interact with your house, you're fucked. The rules are simple regarding actually interacting with your house. This isnt an 88 John situation.

I doubt these rules are going to be changed either. I think the rules, how they are worded, and how they've been enforced for a while now, are pretty spot on.

If you have an illegal gun or are wanted and sAPD are on, literally NEVER go to your important/ gear houses everrr. I have Kavala houses getting raided all the time because they are fighting houses but never my gear houses. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Praetorian said:

My houses weren't on this? Outplayed roleplayers, multiple shit shacks > 4 crater

This is from like a year and a half a go roleplayer let's just say this was only a small portion of the spreadshert

3 hours ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

Well, if they get banned for blowing up their house and the Senior APD member presents their PC to the house in a player report, they get banned and their house get's cleaned out. So 0 IQ strategy.

Nutty strat to see the PC??

16 hours ago, anti said:

So apparently, even touching a door whether it's locked or not  is grounds to raid a house... what's to stop APD from just camping houses waiting for people to spawn/get online and just raiding them the moment they come out or make footstep noises?

I was always under the impression that the only way using doors was grounds is if you lock yourself or cops inside, and apparently I was mistaken.  I don't know the APD handbook that well, but it certainly seems like the rulebook for raids is absolutely rife with potential to abuse.  

In my personal opinion, influenced by recent developments and circumstances,  raiding needs to be nerfed drastically.  The 5 minute timer is ok, but basically sets you up so the only way to stop a raid is if you are a giant zerg gang that outnumbers cops, which is going to be highly as cops always swarm with high ranking cops.  

Maybe something like a raid engagement would balance things out.  "Get off the roof/come outside or your house will be raided" or "go retrieve that weapon you stored or your house will be raided" with reasonable time to comply and avoid a raid.  

I've seen raids absolutely lay out players and make them quit the server on multiple occasions.  It's far too much power over someone's property that's far too open to interpretation, as recent events have proven.

If you circle the house and are hearing the footsteps from inside then there is your proof someone is atleast inside, you just need to prove it is the suspect.
It's about the situation imho, PC requires you witness a suspect inside so if they have committed a crime etc (shoot a gun from inside the house or a suspect flees into a house) then kick the fucking door in.

16 hours ago, Zeuse said:

Also, footstep noises =/ PC lol.  If an APD member sees someone that is wanted inside the house and sees the name on them, then it is PC if they interact or take refuge within the house, just hearing footsteps isn't how it works lmao.

^ What he said. Occupant has to have committed a crime for you to break and enter.

Edited by Tom McCormack
qwerty
  • Weird 1
  • Lead Map Designer
2 minutes ago, Tom McCormack said:

If you circle the house and are hearing the footsteps from inside then there is your proof someone is atleast inside, you just need to prove it is the suspect.
It's about the situation imho, PC requires you witness a suspect inside so if they have committed a crime etc (shoot a gun from inside the house or a suspect flees into a house) then kick the fucking door in.

Yeah, that's what I said?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Tom McCormack said:

^ What he said. Occupant has to have committed a crime for you to break and enter.

Not really how it works though.  If they hear one footstep from in the house, they can order you to come out with your hands up.. if you dont comply, they can raid to come after you whether they see you or not because you're disregarding orders which is a crime.  

4 minutes ago, anti said:

Not really how it works though.  If they hear one footstep from in the house, they can order you to come out with your hands up.. if you dont comply, they can raid to come after you whether they see you or not because you're disregarding orders which is a crime.  

Hearing footsteps alone is not a reason to engage a person.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
1 hour ago, anti said:

#1 hearing footsteps isn't means for engagement. We can only engage if we witness you commit a crime, have illegal items on you, or are on the wanted list. And #2 just come outside and it won't get raided. 🙃

• Admin
3 hours ago, N7Zero said:

atleast @Dante isnt sgt+ that fucker camped my meth house hours on end in his shitty faggot plane looking for any movement in abdera like some trex dinosaur.. and worst part was he RAIDED THE WRONG HOUSE pepelaugh

Bro I never spent more than 5 minutes in a plane cuz I’d be too bored lmao. Unless I rode passenger to @Fushigi or another plane goblin. Which then I definitely afk’d hours helping ‘camp’ I guess. Why you had to @ me and make me think about this shitty game again I’m just here for memes 

• Like 2