Should we remove NLR?

NLR yay or nay or sorta nay  

261 members have voted

1. 1. Should we remove NLR

• Yes.
    • No
    • Yes but you can no longer respawn anywhere near the area you died.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Head Admin

Should we change the No.1 followed rule?

1. Yes remove NLR.  Rules gone and people play like how they do anyway cause nobody follows NLR l0l

2. No keep NLR.  Keep it as is.

3. Yes remove NLR with a twist.  NLR is gone but people are unable to respawn within XX KM of where they died.

NLR hasn't changed much since 2014, at this point it is barely followed and used for petty bans.  We made a poll amongst staff and the result came back exactly 50/50 so I was curious what the community as a whole thought.

Zahzi brought up the biggest issue with option 2 in that civ would be able to respond like cops endlessly coming back making it extremely difficult for a group to secure an area so I added option 3 to counter while still getting rid of NLR.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Weird 2
  • Clown 1

No keep it. We just made a APD rule update to improve Role play. If we are trying to improve role play why are we gonna discuss removing NLR??

Edit:

Also to add on the "What ifs"

So if someone is doing a run they get killed. They can now come back and get their run back. The guy who stole the run gets killed and quits. That doesnt feel right for that guy who stole the run. 

If the Fed is being robbed there are 15 civs doing a fed, APD lethals 5 of them. Those 5 civs can then come back to the fed. Feds would then in sense lose balance tip the scale in the civ favor. Same thing apply for banks, BWs, and all server wide events.

the What ifs can go on and on. Its arma anything can happen

• Like 11
57 minutes ago, DeadPool said:

No keep it. We just made a APD rule update to improve Role play. If we are trying to improve role play why are we gonna discuss removing NLR??

^

Just remove NLR in therisa and im sure people wont cry about NLR :^) 

Yall preaching about new player retention, having no NLR would make it impossible for new players to do most things as most older players have houses n shit everywhere near w/e they run. Imagine being a new player, you manage to rob someone doing mushroom, next thing you know the same guy pulls up not even 2 minutes later fully kitted and shoots you in the back of the head, i personally would alt f4 and never join the server again. 

• Like 4

Could be instead of don't return to x meters around where you died just don't return to the same situation. That way people could still spawn in the city or whatever and just avoid who killed him. No problems of civs returning to feds and no problem of civs wanting to do weed or something but can't spawn in kav because they got rook banged at gun store. Rebels shouldn't have nlr tho as people really shouldn't be lurking around there anyways just gearing and leaving.

3 hours ago, Grandma Gary said:

Should we change the No.1 followed rule?

1. Yes remove NLR.  Rules gone and people play like how they do anyway cause nobody follows NLR l0l

2. No keep NLR.  Keep it as is.

3. Yes remove NLR with a twist.  NLR is gone but people are unable to respawn within XX KM of where they died.

NLR hasn't changed much since 2014, at this point it is barely followed and used for petty bans.  We made a poll amongst staff and the result came back exactly 50/50 so I was curious what the community as a whole thought.

Zahzi brought up the biggest issue with option 2 in that civ would be able to respond like cops endlessly coming back making it extremely difficult for a group to secure an area so I added option 3 to counter while still getting rid of NLR.

If you're talking like an automated system that actually prevents players from respanwing, I would probably recommend against that until the NLR system is a bit more, perfected.  I get NLR at death island sometimes, and all players would have to do is relog to spawn right back in anyways. 

5 minutes ago, Silton said:

Nah just make it less than 15 minutes

10 minutes would definitely be better imo.   I like NLR though.  It's almost impossible to pull of a big robbery without it.  

Nah we need NLR, even if someone doesn't follow you can still get comp for it because its a rule. I was at north air, someone engaged me, I shot him and killed him, i pulled my fish and not 1 min later the kid went to his house and titans me. I got comp for it because he broke NLR and it was dumb asf

• Like 1
  • Admin

Number 3 is quite possibly the worst Idea yet. If we make a script to now allow spawns, this neglects arma bugs. If we don't implement a script then I know damn well 99% of players wont follow it anyway. Asylem has done away with these petty rules. Why should we not follow? @Grandma Gary I find it interesting that you didnt allow us to see who voted for what. Here is my thought process. The new players dont want NLR because they might only know how to do one run or only have a few cars. Normal players dont FOLLOW NLR to begin with. I really wish we could see who voted yes and who voted no shame.

16 minutes ago, Noble said:

Number 3 is quite possibly the worst Idea yet. If we make a script to now allow spawns, this neglects arma bugs. If we don't implement a script then I know damn well 99% of players wont follow it anyway. Asylem has done away with these petty rules. Why should we not follow? @Grandma Gary I find it interesting that you didnt allow us to see who voted for what. Here is my thought process. The new players dont want NLR because they might only know how to do one run or only have a few cars. Normal players dont FOLLOW NLR to begin with. I really wish we could see who voted yes and who voted no shame.

Is this why everyone laughs at me when I said I can’t go back I have NLR

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Admin
Just now, rafaaa said:

Is this why everyone laughs at me when I said I can’t go back I have NLR

yes 🙂 just think of it as your going back to help a new player Mr senior Support Team!

Something else to note is it could potentially ruin the Medic Faction as more people will just respawn instead of wait for medic cos NLR.

2nd point also being it would remove alota money from the economy as I know personally whenever I died unless I am gonna get epid off the bat ima respawn and be back in 2 minutes to a fed or whatever.

6 hours ago, DeadPool said:

If the Fed is being robbed there are 15 civs doing a fed, APD lethals 5 of them. Those 5 civs can then come back to the fed. Feds would then in sense lose balance tip the scale in the civ favor. Same thing apply for banks, BWs, and all server wide events.

just bring back vans/T3s and its a wrap lol

• Downvote 1