It was real, Olympus.

Hey Dante, I know we never talked and that the only time we "talked." was when you denied me for being to young but seeing just how much your really do matter to theis community genuinely brought me to tears, I wish you luck man o7

• Admin
55 minutes ago, HyperGoat said:

wait what, its a videogame how can that happen?

Big fucking facts. I’ve spent 3 years directly contributing to this community and not a tear was shed. Y’all wild with your emotions 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Dante said:

Big fucking facts. I’ve spent 3 years directly contributing to this community and not a tear was shed. Y’all wild with your emotions 

Sad to see you leave even tho' we beefed and i was calling you names and doing stupid shit, all I can say is GL with whatever you're doing next, stay safe :wub:

• Downvote 1
On 2/3/2019 at 2:23 PM, Dante said:

Well, everyone. Anyone who has ever spent actual time talking to me knows I always said I would burn with this server. Unfortunately, it's time for me to move on. I came across Olympus when I was at the lowest point in my life after injuring my back at work and having to adjust to a whole new lifestyle of being stuck inside a house 24/7. During that time I have given nearly all of my free time to this server in game and especially out of game. I have replied nearly 10,000 times to tickets made by you guys, I have thousands of hours on this server alone and I think I have officially burnt out and am ready to move on with life and leave hardcore Online Gaming behind. Between my lack of interest in playing the game, IRL job promotion taking way more time than I originally suspected, and me just simply not wanting to stop others from getting positions they deserve, its time to walk away.

A little backstory from my time here; I came to this server with @Hot Pocket after we got tired of the lack of staff interaction on Asylum back in 2015-16 and I went around looking for RP servers. I came across a few but I liked Olympus so we decided to try it out. I combat stored on like our second day on the server. It was a good time arguing in side chat about a rule that I thought didnt exist. I applied for both APD and R&R and happened to take my R&R test first. I passed and worked my way up to Air Responder where I spent most of my first year in Olympus. My work as an Air Responder helped me become part of the OG support team and then Sr Support team later on. Eventually being accepted for Mod on my third attempt. I spent some time in the role and eventually got bored with being a medic. I had (at the time) cleared the board for most R&R tests ever given and I was ready to move on. I stepped down and the next day G.O.A.T. offered me a position at Sergeant. At the time I was a corporal (Which I achieved at 4k minutes thanks to @Corporal Moob). I played a lot of cop but going for Sergeant wasnt anywhere in the plans but it was exciting to think about so I accepted. The very next day I was promoted to Admin (at the time it came with LT perks) so I kinda screwed myself but I think it worked out in the long run. I busted my ass from Sergeant, to LT, to Dep Chief and now I am at Chief. Staff has drained me for a long time now and I am not a fan in the direction that Olympus has been headed under Peter's leadership. I have all the love and respect for Peter, but I just think he was a much better Sr Admin than an Owner. The hard part about walking away is giving the APD reigns to someone else when I really wasnt here for long. I do like to think I showed that the APD has the ability to change and actually work with the civs to try to make a balanced server. Who knows if I will be considered a good Chief in my time, but I LOVED every minute of it and honestly would choose Chief over Sr Admin ANYDAY even though I was always a pro staff guy. 

Now, time for the cringy @s. 

@Hot Pocket - The OG BOY. We have been friends for years from some cringy Hockey Facebook page to a Cringy Arma 3 roleplay server. We played on Asylum, CG3, A3L, and Olympus and my fondest in game memories are by far things we did in game whether it was HWY Patrolling every day neglecting our SR R&R duties, me drunken ranting for you to get Sgt (I do not regret it because you were a damn good Sergeant while you were there), or just running our own little gangs on the server. Still the stiffest Arma 3 player of all time. I know we will catch up time to time though, so ill talk to you soon homie.

@DaneG - THE. FUCKING. BOY. From spending all night medic plays with you and pocket to being Sr R&R together and pushing each other to be the best we could be, to being Sr Support together, and just overall  always having a fucking blast. You could randomly come back and we would jump on civ or cop and just have a fucking blast. Some of the best conversations I had on this server were you and I on medic or sitting in a teamspeak channel playing nothing at all. Keep in touch baby you know the Snap. 

@Arigato - Let the bias commence! Not only were you arguably my best Online friend of all time, you are arguably one of my realest homies in life. I tell your ass everything major going on in my IRL life and I will always appreciate ya for being a real homie. People come @ me on the forums and Im not even bothered and come back and youve done DICKED them down lmao. You and I have legit spent hours in teamspeak just talking about anything and everything. You and I also butt heads ALL the time and I appreciate that because neither of us will ever be a fucking SHEEP. You busted your ASS to get staff and even more to get Admin. You deserve every thing you have achieved in olympus and fuck what everyone else says. You know I didnt give you what you have and you deserved every minute of it. Im not sure what your plans are, but all love homie. You already know we gonna keep playing shit and keeping up. Keep being one of the REALEST niggas to ever enter Olympus. Hmph. Youre still trash at 8 ball tho

@Strikke - You were one of the ones that really helped when I needed it and you also were a huge lad to talk music with. Keep being metal big gay. 

@Isaac Newton - Nobody pushed me and believed in me more than this guy. Always pushed me to keep trying for staff even though I was denied. Told me if he was head guy he would have made a coordinator spot just for me. Unfortunately youll probably lose your perm corp with me stepping down, but I fought for you to keep it as long as I could. Thanks for always pushing you. Much love. 

@McDili - From my biggest doubter to my biggest supporter. Olmypus took major leaps with you and Jesse running the server. You both pissed me off with hyour anti APD outlooks later on, but I honestly think it was for the best and you did an excellent job at owner. The best yeller in Olympus History. We still need to meet up for that drink one day my fellow southerner. 

@Fushigi - Mans used to hate me and then we got on sAPD together and that was a WRAP. 2AM 3 hour conversations about life can never be replaced. One of the best LTs I ever saw in the sAPD despite how bias people made you out to be. You were always real as fuck and Im glad we got to chill as long as we did. You have the snap so keep in touch homie. Ohh, and get a fucking job. <3 

@Mercury From Air Responders together to Leaders of our own factions. Who woulda knew? Wolverinator will always have the upmost respect for everything you have done for this server and the R&R. I hope you let me keep coordinator <3 

@Corporal Moob Thanks for Corporal

@Ignis @TheCmdrRex - There's never been a better Moderator trio in the history of Olympus and there never will be. Also, Rex, thank you for taking me as Dep chief and selecting me as chief. I hope I did you proud in my short time here. 

@Solomon You let me in VX and I feel like thats when I really became involved with the community outside of the R&R. Thanks for having me and it was nice beating you out for Mod <3 Most inactive leader ever. 

@Aunt Jemima - Youre still a long necked retard but damn you grew on me. We had so much fun on this game in all the different gangs and games we played. Youre a real one. Take life seriously now ok bud. Leafs are trash 

@Peter Long - I got all the love for you and you were an amazing Sr Admin and the 'Daddy' of olympus. You have my number and snap anytime you wanna bullshit. Thank you for everything you did for Olympus, nobody really gets just how much you go through. Keep growing this. Also APD Titans pls

@Grandma Gary @Ares @Doc It was a pleasure running the Administration with you. Youre all genuine people and once again, very underappreciated. Try not to un perm too many people Gary <3. 

@The rest of Staff past present and future - You guys are the fucking backbone of this server. The nonstop work that you guys put in is just so underappreciated its sickening. You guys deserve more for the time you put in, but keep grinding. This is for ALL of staff. Designers, Devs, administrators, you all are fucking amazing. Keep grinding. 

@SAPD It was a fucking PLEASURE to do what we have done over the years. You guys put in so much work and take so much hate from everyone and continue to push on and do great things. Never stop. 

There's a lot of real ones I am probably forgetting to tag, but you all know who I got love for. Its been SO real Olympus. You guys helped me as soon as my computer went down and donated so much money when my Dad passed away. I am forever grateful to this community for pushing me through my depression and the lowest times on my life. Ill still be around and play from time to time, but the responsibility of this server is just something I am not interested in anymore.

@Pledge - You and I share a very similar vision for how we want the APD ran and I think its best for you you to take my role to see that the APD continues to see balance be a priority. Congrats, do me proud 2x LT to Chief. 

Sorry if this post has some things dont match up, made this before my LOA before I was convinced to stand by and feel it out. Anyways, Thank you Olympus for all of the amazing memories. Im sorry I couldnt see Chief out and fulfill all of my goals, but id like to think I made a positive impact on the server and the APD with my visions. 

o7 Olympus.

i’ve seen you around for a long time Honestly nothing in life is as good and healthy as finally getting off this Terrible fucking game and realizing how bad it actually is . The good times are Over for ARMA not just olympus this game drains your soul and personality takes hours to accomplish basic shit idk about you but everytime i see altis i wanna fucking throw up. i know we didn’t talk much but yeah dude this server, arma, o7 our generation of arma players was the Best 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RAYRAY said:

i’ve seen you around for a long time Honestly nothing in life is as good and healthy as finally getting off this Terrible fucking game and realizing how bad it actually is . The good times are Over for ARMA not just olympus this game drains your soul and personality takes hours to accomplish basic shit idk about you but everytime i see altis i wanna fucking throw up. i know we didn’t talk much but yeah dude this server, arma, o7 our generation of arma players was the Best 

Couldn't have said it any better, +1

• Like 1
On 2/3/2019 at 7:23 PM, Dante said:

Well, everyone. Anyone who has ever spent actual time talking to me knows I always said I would burn with this server. Unfortunately, it's time for me to move on. I came across Olympus when I was at the lowest point in my life after injuring my back at work and having to adjust to a whole new lifestyle of being stuck inside a house 24/7. During that time I have given nearly all of my free time to this server in game and especially out of game. I have replied nearly 10,000 times to tickets made by you guys, I have thousands of hours on this server alone and I think I have officially burnt out and am ready to move on with life and leave hardcore Online Gaming behind. Between my lack of interest in playing the game, IRL job promotion taking way more time than I originally suspected, and me just simply not wanting to stop others from getting positions they deserve, its time to walk away.

A little backstory from my time here; I came to this server with @Hot Pocket after we got tired of the lack of staff interaction on Asylum back in 2015-16 and I went around looking for RP servers. I came across a few but I liked Olympus so we decided to try it out. I combat stored on like our second day on the server. It was a good time arguing in side chat about a rule that I thought didnt exist. I applied for both APD and R&R and happened to take my R&R test first. I passed and worked my way up to Air Responder where I spent most of my first year in Olympus. My work as an Air Responder helped me become part of the OG support team and then Sr Support team later on. Eventually being accepted for Mod on my third attempt. I spent some time in the role and eventually got bored with being a medic. I had (at the time) cleared the board for most R&R tests ever given and I was ready to move on. I stepped down and the next day G.O.A.T. offered me a position at Sergeant. At the time I was a corporal (Which I achieved at 4k minutes thanks to @Corporal Moob). I played a lot of cop but going for Sergeant wasnt anywhere in the plans but it was exciting to think about so I accepted. The very next day I was promoted to Admin (at the time it came with LT perks) so I kinda screwed myself but I think it worked out in the long run. I busted my ass from Sergeant, to LT, to Dep Chief and now I am at Chief. Staff has drained me for a long time now and I am not a fan in the direction that Olympus has been headed under Peter's leadership. I have all the love and respect for Peter, but I just think he was a much better Sr Admin than an Owner. The hard part about walking away is giving the APD reigns to someone else when I really wasnt here for long. I do like to think I showed that the APD has the ability to change and actually work with the civs to try to make a balanced server. Who knows if I will be considered a good Chief in my time, but I LOVED every minute of it and honestly would choose Chief over Sr Admin ANYDAY even though I was always a pro staff guy. 

Now, time for the cringy @s. 

@Hot Pocket - The OG BOY. We have been friends for years from some cringy Hockey Facebook page to a Cringy Arma 3 roleplay server. We played on Asylum, CG3, A3L, and Olympus and my fondest in game memories are by far things we did in game whether it was HWY Patrolling every day neglecting our SR R&R duties, me drunken ranting for you to get Sgt (I do not regret it because you were a damn good Sergeant while you were there), or just running our own little gangs on the server. Still the stiffest Arma 3 player of all time. I know we will catch up time to time though, so ill talk to you soon homie.

@DaneG - THE. FUCKING. BOY. From spending all night medic plays with you and pocket to being Sr R&R together and pushing each other to be the best we could be, to being Sr Support together, and just overall  always having a fucking blast. You could randomly come back and we would jump on civ or cop and just have a fucking blast. Some of the best conversations I had on this server were you and I on medic or sitting in a teamspeak channel playing nothing at all. Keep in touch baby you know the Snap. 

@Arigato - Let the bias commence! Not only were you arguably my best Online friend of all time, you are arguably one of my realest homies in life. I tell your ass everything major going on in my IRL life and I will always appreciate ya for being a real homie. People come @ me on the forums and Im not even bothered and come back and youve done DICKED them down lmao. You and I have legit spent hours in teamspeak just talking about anything and everything. You and I also butt heads ALL the time and I appreciate that because neither of us will ever be a fucking SHEEP. You busted your ASS to get staff and even more to get Admin. You deserve every thing you have achieved in olympus and fuck what everyone else says. You know I didnt give you what you have and you deserved every minute of it. Im not sure what your plans are, but all love homie. You already know we gonna keep playing shit and keeping up. Keep being one of the REALEST niggas to ever enter Olympus. Hmph. Youre still trash at 8 ball tho

@Strikke - You were one of the ones that really helped when I needed it and you also were a huge lad to talk music with. Keep being metal big gay. 

@Isaac Newton - Nobody pushed me and believed in me more than this guy. Always pushed me to keep trying for staff even though I was denied. Told me if he was head guy he would have made a coordinator spot just for me. Unfortunately youll probably lose your perm corp with me stepping down, but I fought for you to keep it as long as I could. Thanks for always pushing you. Much love. 

@McDili - From my biggest doubter to my biggest supporter. Olmypus took major leaps with you and Jesse running the server. You both pissed me off with hyour anti APD outlooks later on, but I honestly think it was for the best and you did an excellent job at owner. The best yeller in Olympus History. We still need to meet up for that drink one day my fellow southerner. 

@Fushigi - Mans used to hate me and then we got on sAPD together and that was a WRAP. 2AM 3 hour conversations about life can never be replaced. One of the best LTs I ever saw in the sAPD despite how bias people made you out to be. You were always real as fuck and Im glad we got to chill as long as we did. You have the snap so keep in touch homie. Ohh, and get a fucking job. <3 

@Mercury From Air Responders together to Leaders of our own factions. Who woulda knew? Wolverinator will always have the upmost respect for everything you have done for this server and the R&R. I hope you let me keep coordinator <3 

@Corporal Moob Thanks for Corporal

@Ignis @TheCmdrRex - There's never been a better Moderator trio in the history of Olympus and there never will be. Also, Rex, thank you for taking me as Dep chief and selecting me as chief. I hope I did you proud in my short time here. 

@Solomon You let me in VX and I feel like thats when I really became involved with the community outside of the R&R. Thanks for having me and it was nice beating you out for Mod <3 Most inactive leader ever. 

@Aunt Jemima - Youre still a long necked retard but damn you grew on me. We had so much fun on this game in all the different gangs and games we played. Youre a real one. Take life seriously now ok bud. Leafs are trash 

@Peter Long - I got all the love for you and you were an amazing Sr Admin and the 'Daddy' of olympus. You have my number and snap anytime you wanna bullshit. Thank you for everything you did for Olympus, nobody really gets just how much you go through. Keep growing this. Also APD Titans pls

@Grandma Gary @Ares @Doc It was a pleasure running the Administration with you. Youre all genuine people and once again, very underappreciated. Try not to un perm too many people Gary <3. 

@The rest of Staff past present and future - You guys are the fucking backbone of this server. The nonstop work that you guys put in is just so underappreciated its sickening. You guys deserve more for the time you put in, but keep grinding. This is for ALL of staff. Designers, Devs, administrators, you all are fucking amazing. Keep grinding. 

@SAPD It was a fucking PLEASURE to do what we have done over the years. You guys put in so much work and take so much hate from everyone and continue to push on and do great things. Never stop. 

There's a lot of real ones I am probably forgetting to tag, but you all know who I got love for. Its been SO real Olympus. You guys helped me as soon as my computer went down and donated so much money when my Dad passed away. I am forever grateful to this community for pushing me through my depression and the lowest times on my life. Ill still be around and play from time to time, but the responsibility of this server is just something I am not interested in anymore.

@Pledge - You and I share a very similar vision for how we want the APD ran and I think its best for you you to take my role to see that the APD continues to see balance be a priority. Congrats, do me proud 2x LT to Chief. 

Sorry if this post has some things dont match up, made this before my LOA before I was convinced to stand by and feel it out. Anyways, Thank you Olympus for all of the amazing memories. Im sorry I couldnt see Chief out and fulfill all of my goals, but id like to think I made a positive impact on the server and the APD with my visions. 

o7 Olympus.

o7 dude, good luck with life. Will never forgot the time you gave me a 10 day for saying the N word in sidechat