The most retarded call staff have ever made on this server pt 2

@ Ryan   @ Fraali  @ Doc  @ Grandma Gary  @ Zahzi  @ Decimus  @ codeYeTi  @ stayclaxxy  @ David Miller  @ Masonn  @ Mako  @ WALT   @ Milo  @ nicole  @ Weaz  @ Mr.Slick  @ Winters  @ Bubbaloo - Reusable P Cup  @ -Shawn-  @ Mighty   @ King   @ Rexo   @ Xlax  @ Caden   @ Noble  @ Brandyn  @ TheHeroNoob  @ Diamond  @ Marcus   @ KermitZooicide

So, once again, we're completely reimagining the rules as they've been interpreted since the beginning of the server, and nobody is using their brain or reading comprehension skills to consider the implications of such a drastic rule change.

Exploding buildings has never been  in this history of this server considered engagement.  Now if you do it, you have to let people try to kill you before shooting back and hope t hat they whiff before returning fire.  Now you just have to trust that the person killing you owns the building, or file a ticket every single time to confirm and you know 100% staff are not going to check logs to see who owned it at the time.  If someones blowing up your friends house?  RDM THEM, and then get your friend to transfer for the ticket.  If you get the occasional staff member that is actually willing to put the work in and check properly, it's an in game ticket that will take, on average, a month to get done and by that time they won't have to serve a ban anyways.

This ruling works for vehicles because civs can check registration.  It does not work for buildings.  You can't see who owns a building.  

So now, the vague implications of this... Shooting at someone and if your bullet hits a house behind them, it does dmg to that house and it's one way engagement.  Placing a bomb that even has a chance to hit someone else's house?  One way engagement. You can be rdm'ed.  Burden of proof is on them, you don't even have to tell them what house you own.  How is boltcutting a door not engagement now?  That's just as much of a hostile action.  Where is the line drawn?  Staff won't say.  Multiple times they've been asked and they refuse to explain.  Is placing the bomb engagement?  Is detonating engagement?  Is it engagement if the building isn't fully destroyed?   Just leaving the door wide open.

So if I'm  blowing up a house, and I get rdm'ed, I have to file a ticket, wait a month, eventually get a response that won't result in a ban because it was so long ago the player can't be expected to have proof.  It's a license to just rdm anyone placing a bomb.  

The only way to make this remotely fair is for civs to be able to check registration on houses, which is gamebreaking retarded, but still better than the alternative of expecting a player to report every single time to confirm ownership of a building only for it to be ignored so long it doesn't matter.  

Every single staff member listed, and not one of you plays civ/skat in any capacity.  All are career medics, career apd, conquest, or entirely inactive in game.  You don't  understand how common this situation actually is among skat players that actually fight on S1.  You should not be making drastic changes to server rules without at least consulting the people it effects.  You're ruining a huge element of gameplay and you don't care because it doesn't effect you.  PLEASE DEAR GOD LISTEN AND STOP TRYING TO MAKE A RETARDED RULE CHANGE.  IT WAS FINE FOR 10 YEARS, IT DOESN'T NEED CHANGED NOW BY PLAYERS WHO DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW IT CHANGES THE GAME.

PLANTING A BOMB OR DETONATING A BOMB IS NOT ENGAGEMENT UNLESS IT HITS A PLAYER OR VEHICLE.

• Like 9
  • +1 2
  • Skull 1
  • Clown 1
  • Downvote 5
  • STFU 10
  • Senior Admin
6 minutes ago, crush said:

TL;DR?

had to pay 1 mil in comp 5 years ago when she assumed it was engagement and told it wasn't by multiple staff, including noble

Placed bombs on a gangshed. Blew up gangshed. Got killed by gang. Wants gang banned for RDM. Upset we changed the rules.

Fixed.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • DEMON TIME 1
  • Haha 4
2 minutes ago, David Miller said:

Placed bombs on a gangshed. Blew up gangshed. Got killed by gang. Wants gang banned for RDM. Upset we changed the rules

Don't forget the part where I had to pay 1 mil in comp 4ish years ago when I assumed it was engagement and told it wasn't by multiple staff, including @ Noble .  It's a rule change.  

I could get my grandma and her whole senior home to hold a vote and they would side with me.  It would be about as comparable as a bunch of inactives, apd, and medics making this decision.  It's a popularity contest by people who don't understand what they're talking about or long term implications.

The way this should have went... @ David Miller  @ Masonn  and @ Grandma Gary  should have said "this is how it's always been, if you want it changed take it to cc."  Instead they left it to a vote by a bunch of people it doesn't effect with no experience in skat gameplay in any recent years.

David Miller and Masonn made a bad call in allowing this to become a vote among medics, cops and inactives.... and you're failing in your duties if you don't make an honest attempt to understand why this is a failure. 

• Clown 1
  • STFU 1
12 minutes ago, David Miller said:

had to pay 1 mil in comp 5 years ago when she assumed it was engagement and told it wasn't by multiple staff, including noble

Placed bombs on a gangshed. Blew up gangshed. Got killed by gang. Wants gang banned for RDM. Upset we changed the rules.

Fixed.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Grandma Gary said:

The 3 people this affects will quickly adapt. ^_^

Lots of people blow up houses and sheds.  This is retarded @ Grandma Gary .  There's no reason to be changing it after 10 years.  I know you're trolly, but this is straight up being negligent in duties.  You're supposed to be here to stop the retardation like this. 

If they want to RDM they can accept war.  

• Clown 1
  • Downvote 4
  • STFU 1
  • nicole locked this topic

Community Director Sov

@ Ryan  @ Fraali @ Doc @ Grandma Gary @ Zahzi @ Decimus @ codeYeTi @ stayclaxxy @ David Miller @ Masonn @ Mako @ WALT  @ Milo @ nicole @ Weaz @ Mr.Slick @ Winters @ Bubbaloo - Reusable P Cup @ -Shawn- @ Mighty  @ King  @ Rexo  @ Xlax @ Caden  @ Noble @ Brandyn @ TheHeroNoob @ Diamond @ Marcus  @ KermitZooicide

So, once again, we're completely reimagining the rules as they've been interpreted since the beginning of the server, and nobody is using their brain or reading comprehension skills to consider the implications of such a drastic rule change.

Exploding buildings has never been  in this history of this server considered engagement.  Now if you do it, you have to let people try to kill you before shooting back and hope t hat they whiff before returning fire.  Now you just have to trust that the person killing you owns the building, or file a ticket every single time to confirm and you know 100% staff are not going to check logs to see who owned it at the time.  If someones blowing up your friends house?  RDM THEM, and then get your friend to transfer for the ticket.  If you get the occasional staff member that is actually willing to put the work in and check properly, it's an in game ticket that will take, on average, a month to get done and by that time they won't have to serve a ban anyways.

This ruling works for vehicles because civs can check registration.  It does not work for buildings.  You can't see who owns a building.  

So now, the vague implications of this... Shooting at someone and if your bullet hits a house behind them, it does dmg to that house and it's one way engagement.  Placing a bomb that even has a chance to hit someone else's house?  One way engagement. You can be rdm'ed.  Burden of proof is on them, you don't even have to tell them what house you own.  How is boltcutting a door not engagement now?  That's just as much of a hostile action.  Where is the line drawn?  Staff won't say.  Multiple times they've been asked and they refuse to explain.  Is placing the bomb engagement?  Is detonating engagement?  Is it engagement if the building isn't fully destroyed?   Just leaving the door wide open.

So if I'm  blowing up a house, and I get rdm'ed, I have to file a ticket, wait a month, eventually get a response that won't result in a ban because it was so long ago the player can't be expected to have proof.  It's a license to just rdm anyone placing a bomb.  

The only way to make this remotely fair is for civs to be able to check registration on houses, which is gamebreaking retarded, but still better than the alternative of expecting a player to report every single time to confirm ownership of a building only for it to be ignored so long it doesn't matter.  

Every single staff member listed, and not one of you plays civ/skat in any capacity.  All are career medics, career apd, conquest, or entirely inactive in game.  You don't  understand how common this situation actually is among skat players that actually fight on S1.  You should not be making drastic changes to server rules without at least consulting the people it effects.  You're ruining a huge element of gameplay and you don't care because it doesn't effect you.  PLEASE DEAR GOD LISTEN AND STOP TRYING TO MAKE A RETARDED RULE CHANGE.  IT WAS FINE FOR 10 YEARS, IT DOESN'T NEED CHANGED NOW BY PLAYERS WHO DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW IT CHANGES THE GAME.

PLANTING A BOMB OR DETONATING A BOMB IS NOT ENGAGEMENT UNLESS IT HITS A PLAYER OR VEHICLE.

ROUND 2 BABY LETS GO THERE WASNT ENOUGH TIME OR ENGAGEMENT WE NEED TO HEAR 18 PAGES AT A MINIMUM OF DISCUSSION 

• Developer II

As it currently stands we allow players to kill others for attempting to steal their vehicle or boltcut into their house. Why would we not allow players to kill those who are trying to blow up their house or shed when it is a much more expensive piece of property? If someone tried to blow my house up I would definitely consider that a hostile action 🙃

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Milo said:

Why would we not allow players to kill those who are trying to blow up their house or shed

I’m all for it but fucking christ maybe flesh out the rulebook/wiki properly if you’re going to apply that interpretation for players 🙂 

• +1 1
  • Admin
6 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

I’m all for it but fucking christ maybe flesh out the rulebook/wiki properly if you’re going to apply that interpretation for players

The rules in regards to these will be worked on to accurately reflect the standard that’s held by staff. I told Sov that was coming as well. Also this all comes from an admin told sov it was against the rules before (I believe the example she used was a few years ago idr). But I had been telling people that asked that it was def hostile action because it shouldn’t just be a freebie to cost people money to fix their sheds without their being risk. It’s unfortunate that there were different standards being held there and as always.. always working to get everyone on the same damn page about things like this. 

TECHNICALLY there’s a line in the server rules that make blowing up sheds RDM….. but we don’t enforce that cus blow that shit up (with explosive not planes 😄 ). So that needs to be accurately represented as well. Update will come in 12 units of time. 

For the time being if anyone needs to fully understand the standard;

- Blowing up sheds is allowed as long as it’s done through legal means and not exploiting/VDM (I.E. should only be being blown up by explosives)

- If you are caught putting explosive charges on/near a shed, a gang member of that shed can KOS the same way as if they caught you lock picking their own vehicle. 

I’ve contributed my part to this thread. Goodnight! ^__^

• Like 1

ma snow brother @ Caden chops it the fuck up with me on civ #stopcanadianracism

I'm extremely fucking autistic btw thats all I read

5 hours ago, Grandma Gary said:

The 3 people this affects will quickly adapt. ^_^

never initiate, shoot first comp later

1 hour ago, Milo said:

As it currently stands we allow players to kill others for attempting to steal their vehicle or boltcut into their house. Why would we not allow players to kill those who are trying to blow up their house or shed when it is a much more expensive piece of property? If someone tried to blow my house up I would definitely consider that a hostile action 🙃

Houses cannot have ownership verified and blowing it up costs the owner nothing.  Same for gang shed.  Someone's paying to delay their use of it and it comes back free of charge at reset.

2 hours ago, Grandma Gary said:

This is what happens when we let the sub human @Senior Web Developer have an opinion.

@ Snake merged your post since this one was locked by mistake.

I appreciate the effort to keep the conversation flowing ❤️

You would do this in the middle of my work day.